Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebosser ? dropping plates after cut/embossing

I recently purchased an ebosser. I'm happy with the way it cuts and embosses, but I do have one problem with it. After the sandwich goes through the machine, the plates just fall out the back. Clunk! right on the table. Happens every time. So I have to stand next to the machine to catch the plates. From everything I've read about the machine and the youtube vids I've seen, the machine is supposed to hold onto the plates after cutting/embossing. One person even said to wait for the machine to cut off before removing the plates. Too late for that. Supposedly, one of the advantages to it is that you can leave the room while it cuts.

Because of the layout of my workspace, it would be a real advantage to me for the machine to hang onto the plates. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Dea
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #2  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Hi. I don't have this machine but I googled 'ebosser problems' and found a bulletin board where ebosser users were posting trying to get help with ebosser machine issues. The following information was in a post from 'teamcraftwell' so hopefully you can get some help:

"If you are expericing issues with your machine or have any additonal questions, please contact our suppor at [email protected]"

HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2013, 08:21 AM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

I got my ebosser several months ago and was never aware it was supposed to hold the plates when it had finished cutting.

I've just looked at the space between the back of the roller and the end of the machine and it's only 1 inch (2.5cm). If you are careful you can wedge the plates back in (the end they come out) but I would never have expected them to stay I given the size and weight of them and that small gap. I have positioned my machine at the end of the desk so I have to be there to catch the plates. Can you put some thick rubber or foam mats down to cushion the fall of the plates if you don't want to stand there and catch them when they come out? I moved to an ebosser as repeated use of my Bigshot hurts my hands.

Sorry if my reply isn't much help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 08:12 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

I've been looking at purchasing an eBosser for almost a year. After reading reviews, I'm very leary. Everyone seems happy with usage but if there is a customer service issue, they are don't seem to be returning messages.

I like the eBosser for the size but I think I'm leaning toward a Vagabond even though the expense is greater.

Anyone else care to share opinions? I'm still shopping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 08:32 AM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
I've been looking at purchasing an eBosser for almost a year. After reading reviews, I'm very leary. Everyone seems happy with usage but if there is a customer service issue, they are don't seem to be returning messages.

I like the eBosser for the size but I think I'm leaning toward a Vagabond even though the expense is greater.

Anyone else care to share opinions? I'm still shopping.
I'm in the UK so would deal with the place I purchased from, not the manufacturer. A lot of people in the UK told me there had been a lot of complaints and problems with the Vagabond. I was told that the Vagabond was due to be replaced by something else due to the bad press and problems. On the UK sites a lot of Vagabond owners have had problems with the motor burning out. Having said that, there are some complaints about the eBosser too.

With some careful placing of dies I have managed to use Sizzix pop n cuts (very long dies) in the eBosser using the eBosser standard cutting pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 09:13 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftychezView Post
I'm in the UK so would deal with the place I purchased from, not the manufacturer. A lot of people in the UK told me there had been a lot of complaints and problems with the Vagabond. I was told that the Vagabond was due to be replaced by something else due to the bad press and problems. On the UK sites a lot of Vagabond owners have had problems with the motor burning out. Having said that, there are some complaints about the eBosser too.

With some careful placing of dies I have managed to use Sizzix pop n cuts (very long dies) in the eBosser using the eBosser standard cutting pads.
Thanks for your input. I know one gal who's had her vagabond for 3 years without issue. Guess it's like any other product... not all of them work like they should... or may be the user hehe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

I think you are spot on there! Good luck coming to a decision. I would be interested to know how you get on with the machine you decide to purchase.

Just thought I would add......the eBosser is VERY heavy so not really portable. I don't know if that affects your decision at all. I have still kept my Bigshot for that reason.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftychezView Post
I think you are spot on there! Good luck coming to a decision. I would be interested to know how you get on with the machine you decide to purchase.

Just thought I would add......the eBosser is VERY heavy so not really portable. I don't know if that affects your decision at all. I have still kept my Bigshot for that reason.
portability isn't an issue for me. Not really a joiner LOL. I like to hide in my studio, listen to my music and play. ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have had my Ebosser for 5 months now and i am happy with the performance. I also have a Cameo, Big Shot, Cuttlebug and Grand Caliber. Of al, machines I still love the Cuttlebug best, Ebosser has been a life savef when i needed rotator cuff surgery.
Blessings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2014, 10:47 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

I got an eBosser just a couple of weeks ago. My plates don't fall out. I think you should contact the company and see if yours is broken or something. I can start my sandwich going thru and walk around my crafty room while its doing its thing. The plates are hanging out of the machine waiting for me to take them when its done.

By the way, I absolutely love the ebosser. My wrist and shoulder definitely love it too. Considering I have always used Spellbinders machines (was on their design team for 2 years) this is a big deal for me to change and I am really glad I did!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Ebosser

Sorry you are having a problem.

I bought an eBosser last month and use it almost every day. Wish I had bought it years ago. I haven't had any problems with it (keeping my fingers crossed). I've used small stencils and many Sizzlet dies. My eBosser is on the edge of a desk, I can walk away not worrying if plates fall out.

You should contact CS.
Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #12  
Glitter Guru

I love mine! The Ebosser has been great and it cuts like butter. I haven't had to fuss with any of my intricate dies, they cut on the first pass, no problem.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes