Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Inkadinkado - defective sets (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/inkadinkado-defective-sets-415575/)

baby_pixie225 01-29-2009 03:30 PM

Inkadinkado - defective sets

When I first starting buying clear stamps a couple months ago, I never paid much attention to the clear sheet the stamps back onto. It wasn't until I took the stamps out to use that I noticed that there would be vertical lines across the stamped image where the stamp didn't connect with the paper. Upon closer examination, I discovered that the clear sheet the stamps backed onto was wrinkled, which left deep grooves in the stamps' surfaces. I've had three sets like this now:

Bold Damasks
Collaged Expressions
Flourishes

Luckily, two were purchased from Michael's and I was able to exchange them but one set was from E-Bay and there's nothing I can do about that one now.

Has anyone else noticed this with their Inkadinkado sets? Is this a common problem with clear stamps? Is there a way to fix this?

Hambo 01-29-2009 03:34 PM

You might want to contact the company directly and explain the problem. I purchased a rubber cling set that had a single defective stamp, and they sent out a whole new set, no questions asked. Because of that, I feel like they are happy to stand behind their products and ensure the customer is satisfied.

meluvstampin 01-29-2009 03:49 PM

I have 2 sets that have gouges on some of the stamps and is very noticeable when stamped. I emailed the company a few times and NEVER got a reply.
I will no longer waste my money on their stamps.
I hope you can get a reply though. Keep us posted.

Sophia_77 01-29-2009 05:55 PM

I've always bought mine at Michaels and have been very pleased with them. I've never had that problem, but I also don't have any of the sets you mentioned. (They're on my list.)

I would definitely return the ones you can to Michaels, and I would contact the company about the other one. Then in the future I'd check the back before I bought them ... That's what I'll be doing when I buy my next set!

Thanks for the heads-up, and I hope it all turns out well for you!

stampy-girrrrrl 01-29-2009 06:47 PM

I got a heart set that has the same problem... I exchanged it as well. I looked at all the clear set there, and over half of them had the wrinkled plastic sheet squished into the stamp.

If Inkadinkadoo is not responding to your emails, that's really disappointing and I would have to think about buying their products again if they are not willing to stand by their quality.

baby_pixie225 01-29-2009 06:59 PM

Thanks for everyone's responses. I will try to contact Inkadinkado directly to see if they can do anything about it. I will post the results when I find out.

Has anyone have this happen with other companies' stamp sets though?

stampy-girrrrrl 01-29-2009 07:08 PM

I have other stamp sets from different companies, the crinkleyl sheet is on the backside so, no damage to the stamps. I think the crinkley sheet is the protection for the backing and it was not peeled off before the stamps are placed onto it.

princessdi69 01-30-2009 02:54 AM

I bought the Halloween stamp a few months ago and the one stamp I bought the set for was damaged. The cats face was folded onto itself leaving a gouge on it. It is impossible to "hold" the face down to try to get a stamped image. I emailed Inkadinkadoo and told them the problem. They emailed me a day or so later saying that set is no longer available. I could choose a different set and they would send it to me. Within a week I received my new set with a note saying how sorry they were for the inconvience of their product.

I have had good experience with this company (I ordered from them directly and the lady who helped me was very pleasant). So don't give up on them.

MikiBee 01-30-2009 05:19 AM

I bought one of a bird's next (a rubber stamp), and it also had like a "crack" running through, that I didn't notice until I inked it up and stamped it. I had bought mine from HL, so I just returned it.