Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best adhesive for photos

What is the best adhesive to use on photos that will be attached to cardstock? I am making at least 40 cards that will have a photo attached and need to figure out the best adhesive for this project. What can I use that will have a strong hold so that the photo will stay attached to the cardstock yet but at the same time will not warp and buckle?

I've used Scor-tape on many projects and love the hold, however, I'm concerned about using it for this project since you pretty much have to get whatever you are placing right on the first try if that makes any sense. I'm wondering if there is any other sort of product that might work as well as Scor-tape and not buckle the cardstock but be somewhat more forgiving as I'm fumbling around trying to get the photo placed on the cardstock.

I would appreciate any input! Thanks in advance!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

Love, love, love my ATG gun. The pink one is available at Michael's (think coupon), and opt for the gold archival tape (pricier) rather than the regular tape rolls if you want archival permanence.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Thanks for the suggestion GypsyRose! I've never used an ATG gun but it sounds like something I should look into. Is there any forgiveness (for lack of a better word) with the gold archival tape? I doubt I'm going to be able to get the photo placed correctly on the first try so I need something that will allow for positioning if need be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

Both versions of the tape are very strong once pressed down. I find if I "float" my piece of cardstock above the base paper I can usually pull it up for adjustment. Once it is pressed down, though, removing will mean the tearing of paper. I use an L-shaped tool with the cardstock upside down to find the best location, then keep the tool in place and flip the cardstock to stick. (Most stamp positioners would accomplish the same thing.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #5  
Glitter Queen

That is a great idea about the L-shaped tool! I never would have thought of that but can see how it would work--I am going to have to give that a try! Thank you so much for the tips, I really appreciate them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You might want to use the Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue in the green and white bottle. You can apply a thin little line around the edges of your photo. You will have a little time (wiggle room) and can fuss with it a bit to get it just like you want it. Here is a link:

https://tombowusa.com/craft/detail/52190

It says if you let the glue dry before adhering, it will be repositionable. I have never done that, so don't know how that works. You probably want your photos to stay stuck, so I would stick the photo down while the glue is still wet.

You can get it online lots of places, and Hobby Lobby and Michaels carries it also.

If you haven't used this before, it doesn't take much, just a thin tiny line about 1/4 from the edge. I would practice a little to see how much you need, so it doesn't come out the edges. It's an excellent adhesive overall.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

My favourite way to attach photos to cardstock is to use photo corners- the kind that have a "lick & stick" adhesive on the backs and are archival quality. I get them from my local stationary store, or Staples has them too I think. I place the photo corners on my photo, use a q-tip dipped in water to wet the adhesive, and then place the photo down where I want it- there is usually a bit of wiggle time to get it properly in place before I smooth it down and press on it firmly for a few seconds. I know not everyone would like using photo corners since they kind of stand out, but what I like about them is that they hold the photo securely in place and still allow you to take the photo out and replace it any time you like. I am a bit freaked out about applying glue to photos themselves, even though I know some glues are advertised as being safe for photos. Just me being a bit obsessive! :}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2012, 02:15 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Another vote for ATG gun. I like it for photos. You can use the tape without the gun too if you don't want the expense of a big gun. I use the tape from Michael's since I don't scrapbook. It works for me, plus I think it has a bit of give too if you need to readjust.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I prefer the creative memories tape runners. They are easy to use and don't fall apart at all. A little goes a long ways in fact.
Reply With Quote Likes