Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   I'm thinking of selling my Cricut (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/im-thinking-selling-my-cricut-205196/)

Joan B 12-08-2006 10:46 AM

I'm thinking of selling my Cricut

Please don't pm me with requests to buy. If I decide to sell, I'm sure I'll sell to someone local to avoid shipping charges and I probably won't sell. But, I'm on the fence and looking for feedback. I got it for an amazing $150 when the price really was $299. I have 6 cartridges. I use it for making name frames. That's it. It seems like an awful lot of money and space for someone who isn't using it. What am I missing here??? Do I just need to get moving? I seem to waste alot of paper making things and never using them!!

KimberlyinMN 12-08-2006 10:48 AM

Truthfully, this is why I've avoided the Cricut craze. I don't scrapbook at all (although when I do, my plan is to go digital). I can't justify paying the $$ for something that I won't really use. My DH gave me the choice of jewelry or this and I picked the bling.

Kimberly

card_drazy 12-08-2006 12:05 PM

I Just got mine and I love it. its so easy to use. and I don't have to do it by hand. I sold my quickutz and sizzix on here 2 years ago hoping to find a new machine different than those.

LuckyGirl 12-08-2006 12:13 PM

I've never been a big die-cut user or Sizzix person and I am a scrapbooker. I could use a shape here and there, and totally had some fun with my friends sizzix. It's cute, but I couldn't justify the expense.

I felt the same way when Circut came out. I guess it's just not my 'thing' but for those who love to use die-cuts, I hear this is the machine to get... maybe someone else will tell us all what the attraction is, or give you idea on how to get more out of yours...

good luck!

Cat 12-08-2006 12:15 PM

Joan - when I first saw the Cricut, I thought "HAD to have it"... but, I usually won't buy on impulse and tried to educate myself about the machine. I almost got it when Mike's had it for $135 (with the extra Turkey bucks discount)... what's holding me back is that I just don't think I'll use it $100 worth :) I think it's really cool, and I love the pre-formatted sentiments... but I just wouldn't use it that much.

What is everyone else doing with the Cricut? Let's hear from you!

afancycat 12-08-2006 12:18 PM

I love, love, love mine and would not take for it. I really thought I would use it only for scrapbooking but I've been absolutely amazed how much I've used it for card making. I would not take for my bug!!!!

Here are three cards, that I've posted, that I used my Cricut to make: tag, spider, acorn...leaves....and oval tags respectively.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...00&ppuser=7377

HTH!

Michellelovesscrap 12-08-2006 12:54 PM

i can't see me using the die cut shapes as much as i would use the alphabets.

PolarBear 12-08-2006 12:57 PM

I only bought one to use for titles on scrapbook pages. Otherwise, I would not use it.

kathat 12-08-2006 01:08 PM

I've really wanted one for awhile but wondered how much I'd really use it. I have a sizzix that I don't use that often but still, you never know when I'll really, really, really use it or really, really, really need a new and improved method of die cutting :-)

Then, I got into the Cuttlebug hype and I think I'm getting one for Christmas. For now, the hype has gotten me to purchase some of the embossing folders and is forcing me to use my Sizzix.

So, to make a long story short. If you don't scrap or use it and you're only using it for name frames, maybe it is time to send it to a new home since it does seem like that is a lot to spend on something that rarely gets any use.

MSBetsyZ 12-08-2006 02:10 PM

I did that with my Rubi....sold it because I wanted a Cricut, lol, and couldn't afford both. Now, I'm considering saying buh bye to the Cricut...<sigh> I should just stay off SCS I think.

kristransue 12-08-2006 02:13 PM

I thought one of the best selling points for this was the shapes that you could make any size . . .doesn't it have a scalloped square and circle that you can adjust? Titles for scrapbooks would be nice too. I couldn't afford this when it came out, but thought it would be a neat tool in the long run.

NYstamper 12-08-2006 02:30 PM

I haven't bought one yet...I think because I have the sizzix and th sidekick and don't use thwm much. As neat as it looks I really don't think I would use it all that much as I currently don't scrapbook.

Heather_M 12-08-2006 02:48 PM

I have this set and haven't had a problem with stuff poping off. As for the cleaning I just discovered that if you buy "paint edger refills" for 1.68cnd at Walmart it works the same as a stampNscrub! Makes them really easy to clean...but then mine don't pop off either.

Heather_M 12-08-2006 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather_M
I have this set and haven't had a problem with stuff poping off. As for the cleaning I just discovered that if you buy "paint edger refills" for 1.68cnd at Walmart it works the same as a stampNscrub! Makes them really easy to clean...but then mine don't pop off either.

doh glitch wrong thread!

frankie 12-08-2006 03:43 PM

I love my Cricut and all those other toys I just "had" to have LOL! Honestly though, there just aren't enough hours in the day to play with all of 'em. I do use my Cricut mostly for scrapbooking (probably 'cause I haven't been making many cards lately) but the main selling point for me was that I can cut the alphas and shapes in so many sizes. I'll admit though . . . I'm a tool-aholic and I've got 'em all: Sizzix, Cuttlebug, Cricut, Quickutz, etc.

hotflash 12-08-2006 04:02 PM

I must admit that I don't use mine as much as I should but I also have a HUGE stack of stamps that I have not mounted either! My DD has one and she has made some of the cutest thing with it, cards, poster for her childs preschool class, scrapbook layouts, and the cutest magnetic calendar ever!!
I went on the cricut site and was just amazed by the things that these ladies are creating! I just need to find the time to play with it! However it was a lifesaver for me when I had to make a mini scrapbook for my MIL's b-day. I only had two nights to do the whole book and it sure was easy to cut out what I needed as I worked each page!

hooked_on_stampin 12-08-2006 07:43 PM

I don't scrap, so I use my Cricut to make cards and to decorate the church bulletin. I also use it to cut out letters for the signs and props we use in our Puppet ministry. You can cut letters like the big monogram stamps for cards, I like to use the different shapes to add dimension to my cards, it's great for stamp clubs and workshops when you need to cut a lot of shapes instead of using the coluzzle. I too wish I had more time to play with it, but as a previous poster said, I have lots of toys and too little time. I'm thinking about getting the Cuttlebug also, just for the embossing abilities.