Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   If you knew you couldn't sell would you still have purchased? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/if-you-knew-you-couldnt-sell-would-you-still-have-purchased-303634/)

twopearls 11-27-2007 12:18 PM

If you knew you couldn't sell would you still have purchased?

I've been reading threads here as well as other places online about the restrictive "angel" policies of Provo as well as Sizzix.

Would you still have purchased your cuttlebug or Sizzix/Big Kick if you knew you werent' allowed to sell what you made online?

lovingyoualways 11-27-2007 12:21 PM

yup!

montistamper 11-27-2007 12:22 PM

I have no interest in selling projects online, so of course I would still have purchased the Cuttlebug.

jtax 11-27-2007 12:33 PM

I love my Cuttlebug! I have no plans on selling what I make, so it really doesn't matter to me. It sure is a very restrictive policy though, I must admit!

stamptician 11-27-2007 01:07 PM

Definitely would have since I don't sell online or otherwise. But I don't really get the policy regardless of my intentions.

MSBetsyZ 11-27-2007 01:33 PM

Yes, I would have. I cant' help but wonder, though, how many people abide by that policy, lol.

cwebber 11-27-2007 01:48 PM

I am surprised at such a strict policy for a product that would be known to enhance paper craft items -- making them more desirable to purchase... plus, if someone was selling something made from a Cuttlebug, I would think that it would promote the sell of that item.... just my two bits, since I went way over 2 cents!

amysings 11-27-2007 01:56 PM

Yes, I would still have bought my Bug. I agree with Betsy, though. I don't think many people are abiding by their policy.

Stamp Happy Susie 11-27-2007 02:00 PM

Absolutely! I love my bug and use Sizzix dies with it as well. I don't sell my stuff online, only to friends, family, etc.... but if I didn't sell anything at all I still would have bought them. :)

Babsnelson 11-27-2007 02:09 PM

Is the restriction just for selling online, or selling at all?

twopearls 11-27-2007 03:49 PM

Thanks for all your replies. I guess it wouldn't affect you unless you sold online. I imagine that those that do sell online arent' likely to speak up...understandably.

Babsnelson, The policies are different for the cuttlebug and sissix. Both have policies that you can only sell locally and not online. Provo goes too far though, I think, with their policy of having to use only Provo products on anything you sell. That kind of squashes any creativity.

They should print their policies on their packaging so people know what they're in for before purchasing. There sure is a lot of "illegal" stuff out there...LOL!

Anemone 11-27-2007 04:17 PM

Yes! I love the embossing folders for my bug. I don't sell online or privately - so angel policies are more or less irrelevant in my case.

Ellibelle 11-27-2007 06:18 PM

Glad I found this thread. I don't sell anything currently, but was thinking about it now that SU is allowing us to sell cards online. I was also thinking about getting a cuttlebug for quite some time now, but couldn't get myself to spend the money. I guess I won't be buying one. :)

BasketOHearts 11-28-2007 12:30 AM

I do not currently sell papercrafts online and probably never will. However, their reasonable angel policy is one of the reasons I went with Quickutz (that and I like their designs way better than any other die cute company).

Basically, QK just doesn't want you selling die cuts themselves - which makes sense, so that people will go purchase their own dies. If you want to sell a layout you made or a card use Quickutz, however, it's just fine and dandy.

I really don't get why it would matter to Provo or Sissix if someone sold a card on Esty or at a craft fair using that used a diecut from their machine. Especially stuff like alphabets, since most of these companies just use already available TTF fonts as the basis for their dies/software image.