Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   If you have a Cricut, are you getting the Big Shot (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/if-you-have-cricut-you-getting-big-shot-372707/)

com4n6 08-12-2008 11:08 AM

If you have a Cricut, are you getting the Big Shot

I have a Cricut expressions and I am wondering if I should get the big shot. I was contemplating the cuttlebug or wizard because I want to emboss. That is the only reason I am wanting something else-TO EMBOSS.

Is it worth getting the big shot?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Corrie

twgznseeds 08-12-2008 11:25 AM

the Big Shot is GREAT! I use it all the time! I got it before the Cuttlebug was released, it is heavier so it doesn't move around when you are cranking it...
I love my Cricut too but, I cannot live without my Big shot! It is compatible with most dies on the market and with all of the great CB embossing folders,plus - if the power goes out you can continue to create!!

schlozb 08-12-2008 11:39 AM

I have both and use them all the time! I mainly use the Big Shot for embossing but I also like the fact that it can cut through vinyl, thin metal sheets, fabric, and many other materials.

Patrina+2 08-12-2008 11:59 AM

I have the cricut and got the bigshot about 3 months ago. I haven't even plugged my cricut in in about 5 or 6 months now. Def. get a big shot. If your not a SU demo, i would get the bigshot with a 40% or 50% off coupon at mikes, or joanns. It is worth the envestment. And the Cuttlebug folders work flawlessly in the big shot.

misha 08-12-2008 01:23 PM

The big shot is #1 on my must have list, followed by embossing folders and nestabilities to use in it.

lilian 08-12-2008 05:39 PM

Oh yeah!

stamphappy1650 08-12-2008 05:53 PM

I bought my BS last year at CostCo and I love it. I've used a number of different companies dies and have had no problems. I'm not planning on buying a cricut as I'm happy with what I have.

BeeHks 08-12-2008 06:18 PM

I have both Cricut and Big Shot. I actually purchased the Big Shot before the Cricut and of course I love them both.

memories4you 08-12-2008 07:22 PM

I have both the BS and the cricut (Christmas gift from my baby daughter). And use them both. Love my BS (got it from Costco last year for under $50.00) in that it can accomodate almost any die cut on the market, love it for embossing my nesties. Because of it's weight it's very stable and does not move when turning the handle.

sprtchick 08-13-2008 10:37 AM

Oh wow..I am sort of with gale. I have the original Cricut and 20 cartridges, the original Sizzix, Cuttlebug and now the BS....I am going to sell the original Sizzix and probably my Cricut. I have only used the Cricut a few times and just sort of collected way too much stuff to go with it. I have not had it out of the nice carrying case in at least 4 months...It will probably have to go pretty soon. I will not part with my CB. Probably plan on keeping both the CB and BS. Blessings.

wdiosa 08-13-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twgznseeds (Post 10901425)
the Big Shot is GREAT! I use it all the time! I got it before the Cuttlebug was released, it is heavier so it doesn't move around when you are cranking it...
I love my Cricut too but, I cannot live without my Big shot! It is compatible with most dies on the market and with all of the great CB embossing folders,plus - if the power goes out you can continue to create!!

Too funny! I never even thought about that. Scrappin' in the dark! :D

I am also torn on the BS. I have a Cricut, but like most of you I only use it occasionally. I like the idea of embossing though, and that the BS can cut SO much stuff. I am leaning toward the BS I think. I will keep my Cricut though. A lot of my friends/family like to use it when they come over to scrap, so it's worth if for that reason.

mom of Marine 08-13-2008 06:51 PM

I have both Cricuts and the Big Shot. Love them both for different things. If you need a lot of a die cut such as ovals for a saying, the Cricut will cut them faster with many sizes to choose from whereas the Big Shot can only cut the size on the die. But for using the embossing folders and nesties the Big Shot is better. Because I use them for different things I'm going to keep all of them.

vensung1 08-13-2008 07:20 PM

Ohh I agree! You have to have both :) The embossing is awesome and while I know they are adapting the cricut to cut chipboard if you're ever going to cut many many multiples you can't beat a steel ruled die.

You won't regret it!

willsygirl 08-13-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gale (Post 10917198)
Do you think you can sell the old sizzix? I was going to freecycle mine.

You can get around $20 for it on ebay...

hotwheels 08-13-2008 09:13 PM

do any of you jukebox That hold Cricuts cargires? I want for christmas so bad!! I have the Cricuts jukebox but do use much..... I am thinking if, I get the I would use it more becase it hold more then one carggier!
http://www.jkcrafts.com/cricut-jukeb...uq8gn800otljp5
Have you seen this yet? What do you think? hotwheels

annebarc 08-14-2008 04:56 AM

I have both the Big Kick and Cricut expressions. I'm not so sure that I will be using the Cricut as much as my Big Kick. With the Cricut you are pretty much limited to what is on the cartridges and there doesn't seem to be that many images that I want to use for cards. The cartridges are also very expensive. I think the Big Kick (same as the Big Shot) is a much more versatile tool. I also own an original Sizzix and will never part with it. It is so easy for cutting a single diecut because you don't have to deal with all the sandwiching. It also works great for a quick Cuttlebug emboss. My original Sizzix is still my "go to" machine. I think I would probably use my Cricut more for scrapbooking and I haven't been doing much of that lately.

anng97 08-14-2008 05:35 AM

I have the Cricut, Cuttlebug and the Big Kick. I love them all.

Deb Za 08-14-2008 06:31 AM

I have both the BS and the Cricut--and each has its own unique uses. I can't emboss on the Cricut, and I can't cut really big things on my BS. I probably use the BS more because I do more embossing--but I wouldn't give up either one.