Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   I need help finding a good punches storage. (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/i-need-help-finding-good-punches-storage-596784/)

hotwheels 02-18-2015 01:32 PM

I need help finding a good punches storage.

Hello Everyone,
I need help finding a good punches storage. I have them storage in clear box and that is not working anymore. I do have a lot room. But, I have several punches from different companies now. Dose Micheal's have good punches storage? Or dose anyone know of good and cheap punches storage? thanks hotwheels:wink:

jeaniebean55 02-18-2015 02:11 PM

This is what I have and am very happy with it. Punches with handles can hang on the front, others sit behind. I have another one for ribbon. :)

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?...llow&cId=PDIO1

Barbara Jay 02-18-2015 03:19 PM

Most of mine are in a shoe holder that hangs on the back of a door .
They look like this
Over the Door Shoe Organizers : Closet Storage & Organizers - Walmart.com

hotwheels 02-18-2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniebean55 (Post 20901098)
This is what I have and am very happy with it. Punches with handles can hang on the front, others sit behind. I have another one for ribbon. :)

Shop Style Selections Coated Wire Shelf at Lowes.com

TheOtherMeg 02-19-2015 02:16 AM

I use this: Alex drawer unit by Ikea

This holds a ton of punches! (Apparently I have two tons of punches, because I have two of these.) The bottom drawers are deep enough for the ginormous Marvy lever punches.

daffyrs1 02-19-2015 04:47 AM

Punch storage bar

1 Attachment(s)
BYGEL Rail - IKEA This is the towel bar that I use & you can buy the hanging baskets, cups & hooks to attach to the bars if you want for added storage. I LOVE mine!

daffyrs1 02-19-2015 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daffyrs1 (Post 20901481)
BYGEL Rail - IKEA This is the towel bar that I use & you can buy the hanging baskets, cups & hooks to attach to the bars if you want for added storage. I LOVE mine!

This is a picture I found that is similar to mine. I didn't have a picture of mine stored on my PC so I had to find one for you.

hotwheels 02-23-2015 08:27 PM

Thanks I found bigger plastic box for punchers thanks, hotwheels

iHeartCards2 07-27-2020 07:03 AM

Ikea Alex Drawers and Stampin' Up! Punches?

I recently purchased some Alex Drawer units and would like to store my punch collection in some of the bottom drawers. Are the Drawers strong enough for this and if so how many can I safely store in each one?

Fortuosity 07-27-2020 08:14 AM

I have a small 9-drawer metal file cabinet like this one in which I store all my various punches, crop-o-diles, corner chompers, 3-hole binder punch, staplers, etc. It works quite well for all kinds of punches and similar items, and I don't think I'll ever need or want to change my storage solution for these kinds of items.

kimbee1556 07-28-2020 11:08 AM

This was my solution and I love it!! simple punch storage by sararedman - at Splitcoaststampers

iHeartCards2 07-28-2020 11:12 AM

I unfortunately do not have wall space. Which is why I'm really hoping the drawers are strong enough.

Catscrap216 07-30-2020 05:38 PM

I have been trying to find a system myself for all my punches. I used to use plain old bookshelves with spice racks so I could see all of them. But now with all the different sizes (WRM 8's -very big) that doesn't cut it.

For most people, using the Alex drawers or the towel racks are going to be your best options. If the Alex drawers are too expensive for you, there are plenty of similar budget friendly drawer units. I have some of mine in plastic roll around drawer units. Note though, if you make it heavy enough, the drawer tend to not want to open and close.

iHeartCards2 07-30-2020 06:15 PM

I have the Alex drawers just didn't want to over load them. I wound up making a chipboard box that I put in the center where the drawer would sag under the weight. Then stood my punches on one end and ran them down both sides. I managed 30 punches in it. I have 2 Alex units so I'm going to only use the bottom drawers for now. My collection is pretty big though, sigh.