Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   I FINALLY found the perfect Copic storage, check out my "pretty" find! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/i-finally-found-perfect-copic-storage-check-out-my-pretty-find-303562/)

tdodd00 11-27-2007 07:21 AM

I FINALLY found the perfect Copic storage, check out my "pretty" find!

1 Attachment(s)
Just kidding...it is soooooo not pretty but it is functional and I LOVE it! I am nothing if not resourceful...I believe EVERY tool, etc. should have it's own place and these Copics have been a thorn in my side ever since I got them.

The storage they offer for Copics, just didn't work for me. I wanted something that would hold a lot (because of course I plan on adding to my collection) and I wanted to be able to see them at a glance. If it looks familiar, it should...you have probably seen them at several restaurants around, but instead of holding silverware, my houses Copics. I have approximately 80 pens, and you can see it will hold many more. I love how it is tilted for easy viewing and those little cylinders are removable also.

I thought about "altering" it, but decided against it...I love it just the way it is!

Dotty 11-27-2007 07:36 AM

Great find and idea!! So which restaurant is missing it's silverware holder? tee hee ;) tfs :)

stamps&cars 11-27-2007 07:39 AM

What a great idea. I bet that holder would be great for lots of stuff.

candyf 11-27-2007 07:40 AM

I love this idea. Where did you buy it from?

Thanks.

Candyf

tdodd00 11-27-2007 08:11 AM

Quote:

So which restaurant is missing it's silverware holder?
Good one, I should have thought of that BEFORE I bought one, :mrgreen: .

Quote:

I love this idea. Where did you buy it from?
I actually bought it on Ebay. I am not going to lie, it wasn't cheap but it was less than the one that Copic sells that only holds about 72 (?) pens. The seller does not have any listed right now, but if you are really interested I would just email him. He sells all types of restaurant equipment so I am sure he would have more. I did my research, he had the best price. Here is his link:

http://stores.ebay.com/IraSalesPizza-BarSupplies

lovingyoualways 11-27-2007 08:16 AM

hmmm...I wonder if I can get my brother to nab me one lol. Heck I wonder if Sams has one in their restraunt supply section. They have some odd ball stuff in that corner of the store.

GReat idea!

tlw411 11-27-2007 09:21 AM

All of your copic markers are beautiful.... :)

craftyteaspoon 11-27-2007 03:16 PM

Very cool. I have a feeling I'm getting a bunch for Christmas and have begun to wonder how I will store them. I need to be able to see the ends -- just how I am -- so a drawer will not do. This is an idea. TFS

kimdbq 11-27-2007 03:16 PM

This is really neat Terri! Great way to store your Copics so you can see what you have. You have over 80 already?!?! ;) Lucky YOU!! Now aren't you glad I HELPED you buy them! LOL!

KimberlyinMN 11-27-2007 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dotty (Post 7826825)
Great find and idea!! So which restaurant is missing it's silverware holder? tee hee ;) tfs :)

Ha! I thought exactly the same thing!!! :mrgreen:

PMR 11-27-2007 04:32 PM

If you have a restaurant supply store in your area, they probably have them.

Susan_T 11-27-2007 05:17 PM

I did a similar thing, but used jelly jars. I was already using them for my coloring pencils and it really doesn't look bad. Besides, it's a great way to use my stash of jars. Who has time to can and put up preserves when there are cards to make!

YouInkIt 11-27-2007 05:25 PM

I think this is great too! Who cares what the holder looks like - we only care what the cards look like! :D

MaryEileen 11-28-2007 04:12 AM

Great idea. I have 72 markers (2sets of 36). They are in 2 copic holders, but you have to put them in carefully, and if you pick it up to move it, they don't stay in their proper spots.

How many do you think your system will hold? We have a restaurant supply place near here, an I'm going to see if they have them.

I have the ciao type, and have asked for more for Christmas.

tdodd00 11-28-2007 04:32 AM

Quote:

How many do you think your system will hold? We have a restaurant supply place near here, an I'm going to see if they have them.
Well like I said, I have approximately 80 now and I think it will hold at least twice that amount...probably more like 100 more. I don't think I am going to have too many more than that ;)

craftyteaspoon 11-28-2007 04:50 AM

Do Copic markers have to be stored horizontally? I can't remember.

tdodd00 11-28-2007 05:14 AM

Quote:

Do Copic markers have to be stored horizontally? I can't remember.
They can be stored either vertically or horizontally, doesn't matter.

MaryEileen 11-29-2007 03:58 PM

Thank you for answering, I have the Ciao C & D, and have asked Santa for A & B. They should fit nicely. What a great idea? I like the way you have them sorted by color groups. Eileen

Sianne 11-29-2007 09:04 PM

Where is the best place to get the markers from?? It's going to be one of my xmas presents to myself! :)

ematson 11-30-2007 04:36 AM

Fabulous display/holder! Thanks for sharing.

craftyteaspoon 11-30-2007 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sianne (Post 7860462)
Where is the best place to get the markers from?? It's going to be one of my xmas presents to myself! :)

The best price on line I found was dickblick.com @ $4.68 each for Sketch markers. Locally the only store I've found them at is Hobby Lobby for $5.89 each.

pigfingers 11-30-2007 05:08 AM

That's a great storage solution!!

My demo found a great wine holder on clearance and put cups in it to hold her pens. They aren't as slanted and it holds a bunch of pens - if that helps anyone out!!

FYI it helps if you walk around and look in the same store for tumblers to fit, rather than waiting until you get home, LOL --

sprtchick 11-30-2007 01:12 PM

There are now 2 of these available on his web site. $38.50 plus shipping.
Not too bad at all.....