Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-20-2008, 04:00 PM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bought an Ott Lite today....

& I haven't even taken it out of the box yet. Why? Because I'm so *confused*, lol!!! I've read every thread on this site pertaining to Ott Lites, & there are 2 opinions:

1) You get what you pay for. Ott is better than the other "natural lights"

2) All full spectrum lighting is the same, with Ott you are paying for the name.

That's what I got out of all the threads, lol. Everyone agrees full spectrum is the way to go, but now I just don't know what I need. Michael's had Otts on sale, so I bought just a 13W for about $35. I went to Big Lots (hoping to score an Ott, like others have) but all they had was a "full spectrum" 27W for about $23. Grand something was the brand. Walmart had their full spectrum ~ I believe 27W also ~ for about $25. I know the higher wattage the better, so do I take back my little 13W Ott & go for a high wattage? But then I'd have to get the non-Ott, because I just can't afford to spend more than $35 on a light.

I know, buy them all & try them all, lol!!! I'm in a big space ~~ our rec room ~~ but it's the basement so it's dark & I really just need it for my table. For those of you with just the 13W, does it work for you?

Off to at least plug the thing in.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 04:38 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I have the 13W Ott, it's great for my desk, lights the work area just fine. But I just had a coupon so I bought the Ott, I didn't put a lot of thought into it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 06:15 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

I have the 13 watt Ott on my desk and I put it directly over my work...but I also have the 18 watt stand light and pull it over to my desk as well.....and its ok.....alot of people will say they would only have the higher wattage.....since you have it...try it & see if it works for you...my 18 watt I bought at Joann's with a coupon and I still paid 100.00 for it. I do love them both...my husband brought me one of the wide spedtrum lights from Walmart & Home Depot because he wasn't convinced!!! There was NO comparison..the OTT won hands down!!!Enjoy your light!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 06:16 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

I have 2 OTTs on my desk. I love them. Depending on the size of space you are lighting, they might be all you need.
Reply With Quote Likes