Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   How well does AdTech..... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/how-well-does-adtech-437905/)

beaddict 05-18-2009 01:07 PM

How well does AdTech.....

tape runner adhere? I saw it and was wondering if it's any good. Also does the refill fit in an SU snail? TIA!

meluvstampin 05-18-2009 01:44 PM

I LOVE Adtech and this is the only tape runner I use. It sticks so much better than Tombo Snail which I will never waste money on again. My stuff always falls apart after a while with the Tombo.
You do need to buy the holder for Adtech as the refills will not fit in the Snail one.
But it is cheap.

Sew It Seams 05-18-2009 02:28 PM

Ad-Tech is the only brand I use, also. The refills are only $2.27 for two of them at Walmart.

I've never had problems with this tape runner and I've used it on both cards and scrapbook pages.

craftjunkiesc 05-18-2009 03:22 PM

Count me as another AdTech devotee. I have a drawer full of the refills. I pick up one or five each trip I take to Wally World. I've got cards in my stash that I've had for a couple of years that are still just like I made them. If you can find it, the Duck brand tape runner also works well. I just can't find them anymore.

chef2die4 05-18-2009 05:01 PM

Use AdTech almost exclusively. Love the stuff. Sticks way better than Snail (which I used for several years). And at 1/3 the price, I'll take it!

Bubink 05-18-2009 07:19 PM

So glad to see someone else liking this tape runner! I keep seeing posts about the ATG but could NEVER justify the price for the average card maker (like me!). Now I can buy the adhesive I like without feeling I'm missing the v
boat!

beaddict 05-19-2009 10:35 AM

Thanks everybody! I think I'm going to give it a try. I've been making so many cards lately and snail is just so easy and clean but I've been going through about a snail a week and that's almost $20 a month just for adhesive. I'd rather spend the difference on bling and other fun stuff ya know?

Ellibelle 05-19-2009 10:43 AM

I love Adtech too. It is all I use since I found it at walmart a while ago. But I don't like the "dots" one, only the regular tape runner.

Scamper64 05-19-2009 11:02 AM

I also use Adtech and love it! I don't like the dots one either--but like the regular one. And, for the money, I think it's a great value--and haven't had any issues.

ahanek 05-19-2009 04:02 PM

it is all i use. my stuff never falls apart! it's WAY cheaper than mono/snail. i bought the dots but have not tried it yet. i buy lots when i'm at walmart. michael's has it too but it is 2.99 there. it's only 2.27 at walmart (for a 2 pak)
atg....i just can't use something so darned huge!!!
duck brand ....they do have it at walmart, packs of 4 (or 6?). it's by the office supplies.

Worcester 05-22-2009 10:02 AM

I love Adtec adhesive. I went on their websit that is listed on the back of the re-fill package and ordered it direct. I won't have to buy adhesive for a while!

Mingo 05-22-2009 11:55 AM

I hate to be the one that's not on the bandwagon but... I totally agree that it sticks better than Tombow. However... I've found that sometimes it's too sticky, and it takes the paper off of whatever I'm gluing. It also has a tendency to gum up at the end of the dispenser. Maybe I've hit too many bad batches of refills, but I've become fed up with the stuff.

AlbertaStamping 05-22-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mingo (Post 14139581)
I hate to be the one that's not on the bandwagon but... I totally agree that it sticks better than Tombow. However... I've found that sometimes it's too sticky, and it takes the paper off of whatever I'm gluing. It also has a tendency to gum up at the end of the dispenser. Maybe I've hit too many bad batches of refills, but I've become fed up with the stuff.

I have the exact same complaints about Adtech, I won't buy the stuff anymore. It's not worth what I paid for it. Maybe they send the crap stuff all up to Canadian WallyWorlds.

Mingo 05-22-2009 01:29 PM

Oh, I'm SOOO with you! That's where I got mine (because they were cheaper than at the big M), but I'm not thrilled with them.

Paper Junky 05-23-2009 07:14 PM

I recently starting using AdTech and found that it does work VERY well for sticking things together. However, as also mentioned, it does tend to get gummed up at the end. Overall, I'm that much happier with it that I will put up with the gummy ending.

mearsfansinboise 05-23-2009 07:24 PM

Ugh - I HATE WAL*MART - but I have to make a monthly trip there to get my AdTech refills ;) - - it's the best...just make sure you are getting the one that says PERMANENT....it's totally comparable to Tombow....strong....but a lot cheaper - no issues at all.

jimandbeth1 05-23-2009 08:53 PM

I use the dots (I am so uncooridnated with ALL of the tape ones i have used) and am happy, things dont come apart, and with the dots i dont have a problem with gumming up.

Xfeg 05-24-2009 02:27 PM

I was at our terrible Joann's the other day and they had the kids adtech dispensers (frog and pig) and the refills (the dot kind) for $1 for a two pack or the starter dispenser. I picked it up because it was cheap. It's better than I thought.