Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   How do you store your ink pads? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/how-do-you-store-your-ink-pads-209312/)

smp 12-29-2006 06:46 AM

How do you store your ink pads?

I'm slowly acquiring more and more inkpads and was looking for a good way to store them. Looking for help from those who have been there done that already.
Thanks!

basketwilma 12-29-2006 06:53 AM

I just received this for Christmas but haven't had a chance to get them hung up yet but I got the suggestion from the splitcoast folks...
They are the STACKEBO DVD rack from Ikea for 4.99. Check it out. Hopefully it works well!

lchobbes 12-29-2006 12:24 PM

I've seen someone use CD/DVD wooden mount on your wall rack it's only about 2 inches thick and fits about 20 ink pads. I haven't seen it as my local Ikea store, but I'm keeping my eyes open. I'm not sure if this is the same one basketwilma is speaking of.
I have a drawer full of my stamp pads and that is working right now. Not sure how much longer it'll work though!
LC

momsquiltn 12-29-2006 02:52 PM

Mine are very simple. I went to the Dollar tree and bought two mini milk crate type holders. They are opaque plastic, about 7.5 inches square and stack with interlocking pins. I laid them on their sides and have them at the end of my table where I work. The ink pads will lay side by side, 2 wide and I can get 9 high, so that is 18 per crate. I don't have all the large pads. Only those colors I feel I use a lot because I have spots in all color families and use those mostly. I did cut a piece of non-skid to put on the table under the crate just to keep it from moving around. This works very well for me.

itsme 12-29-2006 03:01 PM

My DH made me a cabnet-shelf doesn't have doors so not sure if it is a cabnet. Anyways he made it from wood and then added plenty of shelves so that I can add ink pads as needed. Not knowing that SU would delete and add colors or that they would have "IN" colors. It has been very handy and I love it.

psychkim 01-04-2007 01:08 PM

I had used some stamp pad holders that I purchased at a stamp show that are on a "Lazy Susan" base but just recently ordered two cassette racks on EBay that will hold 200 stamp pads and can be mounted on the wall or stacked on a counter. I am excited to have all my pads in one spot :)

MasJac 01-04-2007 03:12 PM

They are all in rubbermaid drawers.

gaylestamps 01-04-2007 04:09 PM

I have the wall unit plus from SUINK.NET - love it! It sits on my desk though - I didn't wall-mount it 'cause I want the pads, markers and refills close at hand. There are photos in my gallery...

stampnangel 01-05-2007 03:02 AM

Mine are in one of those clear plastic shoe boxes. I have 15 SU pads in it and 7 or so ink pads I picked up from Joanns or Michaels.

annebarc 01-05-2007 06:42 AM

I have bought the SU inkpads in complete sets of 12 and find that the boxes that they come in make a great storage container. The top of the box folds under and it becomes a little display case. Luckily, I have space in my "hobby area" to put them on a counter. I have only just started stamping (but can tell this will quickly become an addiction) and, so far, the boxes are working fine for storing the inkpads.

am94pm 01-05-2007 06:52 AM

I actually purchased the ink caddy and extender from SU. A little pricey but it is nice and compact and holds 48 pads normally, then 12 more with extender. I then put my unique ones (spectrum, versamark, in color 2007, etc...) in clear storage drawers.

hoosierstamper 01-05-2007 06:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just got the coolest wall-mounted system for Christmas from my DH. I didn't even ask for them so it was a total surprise. There are two pieces, one has the ribbon holder at the bottom. I think he found them on ebay.

jacqueline 01-05-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketwilma
I just received this for Christmas but haven't had a chance to get them hung up yet but I got the suggestion from the splitcoast folks...
They are the STACKEBO DVD rack from Ikea for 4.99. Check it out. Hopefully it works well!

These do work well...they're awesome...they are a little narrower than the ink pad so they hardly take up any space. I have four of them and it keeps my ink pads so organized and easy to access. Plus, the price can't be beat.

Laurel Johnson 01-06-2007 03:06 PM

I love it! Thanks for sharing the picture. I have been wondering how I am going to store my stamps. I just became a SU demo. in November and the stamp pads are adding up.

smp 01-06-2007 03:11 PM

Oooh that looks really cool! If you find out what it's called, let us know! I'm debating on doing something "permanent" like on the wall or more portable for days going to stamp with friends.

smp 01-06-2007 03:13 PM

great idea, and economical, too!

SammyStamper 01-07-2007 12:10 PM

I have one from suink that I love. I have the ultimate with drawers and it doesn't bother me on my table. I don't have the wall space to mount something, so this was perfect for me. DH got it for me for Xmas last year (2005) and had it stained.

Here is mine:

http://www.bcdservices.com/suink/store/pid_7.htm

I may get the extension soon.

nmslmomto3 01-07-2007 01:06 PM

I use the Stackebo DVD holders from Ikea. here is a picture of them mounted on my wall. They hold 17 pads per rack.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...00&ppuser=1752

Annette B 01-07-2007 01:42 PM

I store my ink pads in a woodturntable that was made especially for them. It much like the SU one but holds more and you can store re-inkers on top. There's a mam that makes all kids of storage stuff and I think can custom orders. i could try and retrieve his site if any one would want it.
Annettte

betty2dogs 01-07-2007 05:53 PM

I bought a case at Home Depot that was meant for organizing - something - but I used it for all my regular sized pads before SU went big pad. It's gray and yellow and has a WorkForce label on the front. I just removed all the little plastic dividers in it. It holds 48 pads on the bottom, and some little stuff in compartments next to the handle. This was great at first, but now will be moving to a dvd holder or something else for the new pads. I keep all my reinkers on a two tier turntable that is meant to go in a kitchen cabinet. That's been great. I have all the reinkers on the top tier, and bottles of ink for pens and calligraphy etc., on the bottom.

hoosierstamper 01-08-2007 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosierstamper
I just got the coolest wall-mounted system for Christmas from my DH. I didn't even ask for them so it was a total surprise. There are two pieces, one has the ribbon holder at the bottom. I think he found them on ebay.

Ok, here's where he got them: http://www.mycraftsolutions.com/home.htm I think they're reasonably priced. They are definitely good quality.

Laurel Johnson 01-09-2007 01:00 PM

Thank you Lesley for the link to My Craft!
Laurel

guatelicia 01-09-2007 04:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by betty2dogs
I bought a case at Home Depot that was meant for organizing - something - but I used it for all my regular sized pads before SU went big pad. It's gray and yellow and has a WorkForce label on the front. I just removed all the little plastic dividers in it. It holds 48 pads on the bottom, and some little stuff in compartments next to the handle. This was great at first, but now will be moving to a dvd holder or something else for the new pads. I keep all my reinkers on a two tier turntable that is meant to go in a kitchen cabinet. That's been great. I have all the reinkers on the top tier, and bottles of ink for pens and calligraphy etc., on the bottom.

I had the same thing. They are used for storing and organizing nails, screws, etc. I hated the color (yellow) of mine, so I tried to spray paint it white and it didn't work. One day walking through Target I saw another one in gray and I bought it. I can't remember the price, but it was under $20. Mine has around 20 drawers and I put 3 stamp pads in each (old and new size), sometime you have to jiggle the drawer a little, but it works fine. I also put a sticker on the outside of each drawer and on it I stamped a little flower with the ink colors inside and wrote the name next to it. I have it organized by color families, and the bottom has Staz-on and other inks. I hope this helps!

Dream513 01-11-2007 07:04 AM

http://www.sixxle.com/product?id=1007

I LOVE my stamp holder! They fit SU ink pads perfectly! Each pad has it's own little cubby, so to say! It comes unfinished and I stained it myself...quite proud of myself if I say so myself!! But you could leave it unfinished, too. I just bought my mum one for Christmas, too. They have the best customer service and they have a flat rate shipping. $3 for a big box; can't complain there!
I just need another one now.....I "needed" more ink pads than I thought I would!!!
Hope this helps!