Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-02-2010, 03:43 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cutting Station

Organizing Essentials Creative Cut Center : sewing furniture : sewing & quilting : Shop | Joann.com

How cool is this for a cutting station??!! My BigKick would be so pretty sitting on top. lol
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so compact and good looking too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I wonder how sturdy it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 09:37 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

That looks nice. Drawers are always great. I got a really nice piece that I love from Hobby Lobby for my "Big Shot Station." It works really well too!

Cutting Station-hobbylobbyunita.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by identicaltripletsView Post
That looks nice. Drawers are always great. I got a really nice piece that I love from Hobby Lobby for my "Big Shot Station." It works really well too!

Attachment 192232

Oh my gosh!! That is a gorgeous piece of furniture. You certainly have exquisite taste. And I really see your love of "old world" designs and decor in your decorating style.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

hmmm, this is fab!! Might have to look into this one for my room. TFS

My SUO Blog~Merry Stamps
My blog~ Merry Musings

Do you love Tastefully Simple?? Click HERE for fabulous recipes and to browse the catalog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesignsView Post
Oh my gosh!! That is a gorgeous piece of furniture. You certainly have exquisite taste. And I really see your love of "old world" designs and decor in your decorating style.
Agh, you are too sweet! Thanks! I got it on sale, and then I got an extra 10% off because it had a few scratches on top (nothing major). It was totally worth it to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by identicaltripletsView Post
Agh, you are too sweet! Thanks! I got it on sale, and then I got an extra 10% off because it had a few scratches on top (nothing major). It was totally worth it to me.
44" inches is a bit high? I've been checking out counter height stuff out, deciding on my scrap island (one side against wall, so I guess it would be a peninsula?) Anyway, 36" is what my kitchen count is, and what my scrap table will be.

I did some searching on bar stools for it and was surprised I actually found several charts for what size stool for the different height.

For comparison:
Standard Kitchen is 36"
Standard Bathroom sink is 30"
Standard Bar is 42-48

Check height against you kitchen and see if you can comfortable work the Sizzix, etc. that you will be using (and add an addition 8" higher). Just seems 44" is really high for cutting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I'm going to bed, apparently I can't write a coherent thought tonight.

Isn't 44" inches a bit high? I've been checking countertop height stuff out, trying to decide on my scrap island (one side against wall, so I guess it would be a peninsula?) Anyway, 36" is what my kitchen counter is. After testing working on it for a short while, I decide that is what I want my work area to be.

When I went and looked at a 'bar' stool, I saw they come in different heights also. I did some searching and was surprised I to find several charts for what size stool for the different height.

For comparison:
Standard Kitchen is 36" (uses a 24" bar stool)
Standard Bar is 42-48 (uses a 29" to 34" bar stool)

Check height against you kitchen and see if you can comfortable work the Sizzix, etc. that you will be using (and add an addition 8" higher). Just seems 44" is really high for cutting.

Hope the above is a bit more readable and does not give anybody a headache as my previous post has done.

Goodnight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 01:39 AM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Penny, where did you see 44"? I have no idea how high my stuff is. I am only 5 feet "tall" so I sit at my desk and work. I am not a "standing" crafter; however, I do stand at my Big Shot because I usually just have to make one quick cut then sit back down. I can always move my Big Shot to my desk too if I had a lot of cutting to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 03:49 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

On the original link if you scroll down a little ways it gives specifics:

* 8 shelves (holds 12"x12" scrapbook paper)
* 4 Drawers & 2 Hooks
* Handy flip-down table with white, easy clean surface
* Closed Dimensions: 27" L x 15 1/2" W x 44" H ; Weight 88 lbs.
* Open Dimensions: 38 1/4" L x 15 1/2" W x 44" H ; Weight 88 lbs.

I made my table out of the Jetmax cubes, 2 high which is 28 1/2 inches (desk height). I'm going to be cutting the 4drawer cube in half, raising it another 7 inches, which will give me the height of 36". I was worried that would be to high so I took some stuff and worked off my kitchen counter (also 36") for a short while testing it out. 36" is a great height for me standing and I'm just gonna use a bar stool for sitting. I'm 5'2".

It looks like a nice piece with all the drawers and stuff, just wondering if it will be to high to comfortably work with ones hands and arms on top, raised that high. See if you can get a measure and fix something with books, pots, etc and create 44" to see if that would be comfortable for you.

If that is just two high, maybe think about buying 4 of the Jetmax cubes on sale (around 80.00 if bought on sale) and make a cutting station. Buy 5 if you have one that can cut in half. 2 1/2 cubes is 36" high, which is kitchen counter height.

This is where I got the idea from for my cutting station (which ended up to be a 7 foot x 4 foot work table). Third picture down shows the jetmax stacked 2 1/2 high.

Pics of my new scrap space... by kpaisley1 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 11:40 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinMomentsView Post
On the original link if you scroll down a little ways it gives specifics:

* 8 shelves (holds 12"x12" scrapbook paper)
* 4 Drawers & 2 Hooks
* Handy flip-down table with white, easy clean surface
* Closed Dimensions: 27" L x 15 1/2" W x 44" H ; Weight 88 lbs.
* Open Dimensions: 38 1/4" L x 15 1/2" W x 44" H ; Weight 88 lbs.

I made my table out of the Jetmax cubes, 2 high which is 28 1/2 inches (desk height). I'm going to be cutting the 4drawer cube in half, raising it another 7 inches, which will give me the height of 36". I was worried that would be to high so I took some stuff and worked off my kitchen counter (also 36") for a short while testing it out. 36" is a great height for me standing and I'm just gonna use a bar stool for sitting. I'm 5'2".

It looks like a nice piece with all the drawers and stuff, just wondering if it will be to high to comfortably work with ones hands and arms on top, raised that high. See if you can get a measure and fix something with books, pots, etc and create 44" to see if that would be comfortable for you.

If that is just two high, maybe think about buying 4 of the Jetmax cubes on sale (around 80.00 if bought on sale) and make a cutting station. Buy 5 if you have one that can cut in half. 2 1/2 cubes is 36" high, which is kitchen counter height.

This is where I got the idea from for my cutting station (which ended up to be a 7 foot x 4 foot work table). Third picture down shows the jetmax stacked 2 1/2 high.

Pics of my new scrap space... by kpaisley1 at Splitcoaststampers
first - thank you for posting that link to that incredible crafting space. i had never seen that. love it!

second - i see what you are talking about with the 44inches. maybe that is why it is on sale. i bet the designer is a man and didn't even think about the average height of the person who will be using that station (most crafters are ladies). i am 5'4" and i could use it with no problem. but would it be comfortable? i don't think so. especially because i have to put my hand on top of my bigkick for leverage when i crank it.

Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe they will make a new version that is a little shorter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 12:05 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have my cutting station on 2 columns of Jetmax cubes that are 3 high. It is perfect for cutting...two cubes stacked would be way too low. This is about 36" I believe give or take an inch. I love that cutting center but maybe way too high for me.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I have my cutting station on 2 columns of Jetmax cubes that are 3 high. It is perfect for cutting...two cubes stacked would be way too low. This is about 36" I believe give or take an inch. I love that cutting center but maybe way too high for me.
blessings.
This is what confuses me with height of things. 44" seems so much higher if my kitchen counter (standard) is 36".

Jetmax cubes are 14.25 high (and wide). So a stack of 2 is 28.50 inches. Adding another for a three stack would be 42.75 inches (plus any board counter you add on top of that).

The difference between a kitchen counter and 3 stack of jetmax is 6.75 inches. Maybe it's not a huge of a difference in height, but it sounds like it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #16  
Cardstock Collector

44" includes the lip that runs around it on the top. What I want to know and they couldn't tell me is how high that is. It looks higher than my mat is when it comes out the back of my cutting machine. I went to two different stores in hopes of finding one assembled but neither store had them set up. Hadn't even thought about the overall height in terms of working at it. I'll have to check that out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 06:03 AM   #17  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinMomentsView Post
I'm going to bed, apparently I can't write a coherent thought tonight.

Isn't 44" inches a bit high? I've been checking countertop height stuff out, trying to decide on my scrap island (one side against wall, so I guess it would be a peninsula?) Anyway, 36" is what my kitchen counter is. After testing working on it for a short while, I decide that is what I want my work area to be.

When I went and looked at a 'bar' stool, I saw they come in different heights also. I did some searching and was surprised I to find several charts for what size stool for the different height.

For comparison:
Standard Kitchen is 36" (uses a 24" bar stool)
Standard Bar is 42-48 (uses a 29" to 34" bar stool)

Hope the above is a bit more readable and does not give anybody a headache as my previous post has done.

Goodnight
Honestly, 44" would be wonderful. I'm quite tall and everything is built for short people. I hate the regular kitchen counter height. It's not even hip height for me. It's built for people who are quite short, as it's even too low for my 5'7" sister. Working at that height makes my back hurt!

Don't get me started on bathroom counter height. I literally have to bend more than 90 degrees to get my face down low enough to wash in the sink. So, anything over kitchen counter height is great for me.

I do wonder how large the lip is and if it negates too much of the actual height of the product. I also wonder if it's stable enough to use a BS on. That sucker rocks tables and I'd hate to have paper flying out while I use it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikikarenView Post
Honestly, 44" would be wonderful. I'm quite tall and everything is built for short people. I hate the regular kitchen counter height. It's not even hip height for me. It's built for people who are quite short, as it's even too low for my 5'7" sister. Working at that height makes my back hurt!

Don't get me started on bathroom counter height. I literally have to bend more than 90 degrees to get my face down low enough to wash in the sink. So, anything over kitchen counter height is great for me.

I do wonder how large the lip is and if it negates too much of the actual height of the product. I also wonder if it's stable enough to use a BS on. That sucker rocks tables and I'd hate to have paper flying out while I use it!
thats what i was wondering, how sturdy would it be. i think i would like it better also, if those were more drawers instead of paper slots. lol, if only we could design it to fit each of our needs, they would have 100 different models then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #19  
Embossing Fanatic

Anybody have one and what do you think of it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #20  
Glitter Queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Poor purchase for the money, users say

Here is a link to the product reviews by people who purchased this - sounds like a bad purchase!

Organizing Essentials Creative Cut Center*: dies & accessories*: die cut machines & accessories*: scrapbooking*: Shop | Joann.com
Reply With Quote Likes