Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Help!!! Iris 6-Case Scrapbook Cart... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/help-iris-6-case-scrapbook-cart-228898/)

Rrprv356 03-01-2007 06:50 AM

Help!!! Iris 6-Case Scrapbook Cart...

I have been considering buying one of these (I know that several of you use them), and now Joann Fabric and Crafts has them on sale right now. My question is can the big, bulky SU stamps fit in the cases??? Also, is it easy to use store 12 x 12 paper in the drawers, or do you find it a hassle to keep organized? Finally, is it a pain having the "drawers" be cases with lids so that they have to be taken completely out and opened to use, or do you like that setup??? (Also, any other "downsides" that I should know about?)

I appreciate the feedback...I have an extremely small stamping area and want to make the most of it with the resources that I have! Thanks so much for your help!!!

~ Rachel ~

mrsdar 03-01-2007 07:11 AM

I can only answer 1

mrsdar 03-01-2007 07:14 AM

oops hit enter before i was done!

As I was saying I can only answer 1 of your questions above since I bought my cart for punches. I actually like them in the cases I can pull it out & place it on my desk & almost always the punch gets back in there, where as I've had other drawer type things that I usually close the drawer & it takes the stuff a bit to get back in there, but maybe if I put the drawer on my desk that would help, LOL! I'm guessing a few of our background stamps would fit in them if those are the big bulky stamps you are talking abt. I know our large punches fit with no problem along with the mega & giga punches if that gives you an idea on how tall they are.

rtraufler 03-01-2007 07:37 AM

I have 7 or 8 of them and love them. I file my stuff by theme in them, i.e. kids, animals, birthday etc. It holds paper very well. It holds everything very well.

HTH,

Robin

Rrprv356 03-01-2007 07:39 AM

Ooooops!!! I meant to put "big, bulky punches", not stamps!!! :D So, you really answered 2 of my questions at the same time!!!

Thanks, both of you, for your responces. I'm a very organized person, so the ease of keeping things that way is important to me!

~ Rachel ~

Sue5924 03-01-2007 07:50 AM

Love mine

I have 5 of them if you pull the top drawer out. Then push the buttons on the plastic you can double stack them. They snap together. Costco has the white ones for 34.99 for six drawers.

majkp 03-01-2007 08:03 AM

I have several i would love to sell off but the shipping would be a killer. I think they are great for storage but not for drawers and to place it on my dek was a problem finding enough room for both the case and an opened lid.

julia_s 03-01-2007 09:07 AM

I have 5 of the carts that I stack on top of each other and use for my 12 x 12 storage. I love them. You say they're on sale at J's.???? Hmmm may have to run back out!

julia

malice67 03-01-2007 10:40 AM

i love MINE-- one of the best parts about it IS that they are cases and not drawers -- I can pop the whole thing in the back of the station wagon to go to a crop and nothing falls out -- I use the cases for projects in progress -- and like how I can grab and go. I also have my name on the cases and so when a sideline borrows stuff, it stays together.

resisitng urge to go buy another one!!!

mary

flutterbye 03-01-2007 10:41 AM

I have one and I just took my 12x12 cardstock out of it. It worked when I had a tiny area, but now that I have a sb room, it tended to become a pain in the rear.
I am going to give it to my 10 year old because her big ole box isnt big enougha nymore...lol

Rrprv356 03-01-2007 10:54 AM

Thank you all for your advice! I think it sounds like just what I need. I love being part of a "family" I can go to for advice!!! (With three brothers, they don't care all that much about stamping!!!!!)

~ Rachel ~

P.S. Resisting the urge to skip my appointment and go shopping right now!!! :D

CrimsonQueen219 03-01-2007 04:40 PM

Does anybody have a link to one of these? It sounds cool but I'm out of the loop apparently.

Rrprv356 03-01-2007 05:12 PM

Here is a link to one.
http://www.amazon.com/Iris-6-Case-Sc.../dp/B000LG0LDE
The one that I'm looking at is black, but otherwise they are the same. Each "drawer" is really a case (with lid) that you pull out and then open to use. I hope that helps!!! (Oh, yes...if you go to Joanne's website and look at their current flier, you can also see it. It's on the back page.)

~ Rachel ~

MommaGena 03-01-2007 08:17 PM

I have three of these and I love mine!!!
I love the fact that the case has to be pulled out to be opened. With three small children under the age of 4 in our home, they are harder to get into from their perspective. I put many different things in mine: all of my scissors and cutting blades in one, Stampin' Around wheels in another with the wheel ink cartridges in another, etc. I love the fact I can see into the cases, too (although I have mine DYMO labeled for quick reference).

You won't regret getting one. . . . .or two or three or four. . . . .LOL

MommaStamper 03-02-2007 05:28 AM

I have a couple of these. I love them also. But .... I take off the lids and it is easier to get to stuff when you open the drawer.

Rrprv356 03-02-2007 06:21 AM

I appreciate the infomation...I didn't know that, if I do get annoyed with the lids, I could take them off and use the cases as drawers. Now, if only the storm here would end so that I could go out and buy one... :)

~ Rachel ~

skydiverwife 03-05-2007 05:33 PM

I saw this at Target and it is cheaper than the Iris carts. I remember seeing it and thinking how cool it was that they had lids on the drawers.
Sterilite 7 drawer Craft Cart

wendella247 03-06-2007 08:48 AM

Drawer Lids

I have two of the cabinets and I have always kept the lids on the drawers, but lately, I'm finding that I often don't have a surface to set them on before opening, so I'm think about taking the lids off. They can be put back on if you decide you don't like them that way.