Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Help! Can't find white sharpie markers anywhere! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/help-cant-find-white-sharpie-markers-anywhere-289492/)

bjtstamper 09-28-2007 08:38 AM

Help! Can't find white sharpie markers anywhere!

I have been trying to find the white Sharpie poster markers that Nichole Heady used to color the Santa from the Believe set. I have checked several Walmarts in my area and the office supply stores with no luck. I did find them online, but they wanted about $8 to ship them. The pens are only about $2.50 each, so that was out of the question. Has anyone in the Boise, Idaho, area seen these available anywhere? Or, is there anyone that would be willing to buy a couple of these for me and I will pay the small shipping cost to get them to me? I need them for my Christmas cards. Thanks in advance!

Mom2Men 09-28-2007 09:16 AM

I actually found them at my local stamp store. It is really more of a paint pen. Maybe try Joann or Mike's in their art department.

Tami Mayberry 09-28-2007 09:24 AM

I got mine at the local Ace Hardware store.

buggainok 09-28-2007 09:50 AM

I found them at Hobby Lobby. They were not in the stamping/scrapbooking section, but in the artists' supply section. I had to ask a clerk to find them. They were on another aisle from all the other markers and pens.

Good luck finding them.

If you can't find Sharpies, an acceptable substitute is sold at Walmart in the crafts aisle. It is a paint pen with acrylic paint in it. I don't know the brand because the label came off mine, but it's in a section where there are other paint pens.

The Sharpie pen also has acrylic paint in it.

madstamper33 09-28-2007 10:27 AM

If you have a staples close to you I found my there. Also seen them in Hobby Lobby.

GolfCat69 09-28-2007 10:48 AM

Nicole used the Sharpie Poster Paint marker. This particular one is water-based...just as FYI. Sharpie also offers paint pens that are oil-based.

amysings 09-28-2007 11:42 AM

I couldn't find them, either, Bev. I'll keep my eye out for them and call you if I find them!

Kiko 09-28-2007 12:31 PM

I ordered 4 of them from Joann.com about a week ago. Hope you find one soon!

kphorse 09-28-2007 01:15 PM

Our Staples has them!

Try www.staples.com

bjtstamper 09-29-2007 06:42 AM

Update: I still can't find the Sharpie paint markers here. Checked Staples, Michaels, Target, Archivers, Walmart, etc. I tried the Elmers Painters from Walmart but did not like the results. I also tried a pigment ink marker from Michaels, and it looked really chalky. I have the Signo gel pen from SU and used that to color Santa's beard, etc. I found something pretty cool...if you color in a small circular motion on his beard, it ends up looking like his beard is curly. So, even though the gel pens are more expensive and I will probably go through a couple of them doing my cards, I think that is what I will stick with. (Also gives me a good excuse to order more from SU, right!)

Kathyc 09-29-2007 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjtstamper (Post 7327720)
Update: I still can't find the Sharpie paint markers here. Checked Staples, Michaels, Target, Archivers, Walmart, etc. I tried the Elmers Painters from Walmart but did not like the results. I also tried a pigment ink marker from Michaels, and it looked really chalky. I have the Signo gel pen from SU and used that to color Santa's beard, etc. I found something pretty cool...if you color in a small circular motion on his beard, it ends up looking like his beard is curly. So, even though the gel pens are more expensive and I will probably go through a couple of them doing my cards, I think that is what I will stick with. (Also gives me a good excuse to order more from SU, right!)

Same here; I can't find that darn thing anywhere (locally that is!); I'm sorry to hear that about the Elmers pen cause that's what I settled for last night @ AC Moore :( ; Maybe I'll just return it; I had the same result with my SU Signo so I'll keep using that until I find the elusive Sharpie!!!

jailbirdstamper 09-29-2007 07:17 AM

I haven't found them either....

Mangomomma 09-29-2007 07:56 AM

I found a white marker pen at Staples. It wasn't Sharpie & I haven't actually used it yet...

I had to giggle though, when I saw the post title I just "knew" you were coloring your Believe Santa stamp. :) He is just the best, isn't he??

shellca 09-29-2007 08:33 AM

I haven't been able to find them either!

chattiekathie 09-29-2007 09:15 AM

Quote:

I just bought the Elmers Painter last night for this purpose - I haven't opened it yet, so I guess I'll try to exchange it. They also had a DecoColor pen by Marvy - maybe I'll try that. There was a ZIG Painty in white, too - I wonder how that would work?

Boss 09-29-2007 09:43 AM

Quote:

I am in your general area (about an hour away from Boise). I bought the Sharpie white poster-paint pen sometime last year at one of my usual haunts. I would have guessed I got it at Walmart, but might very well have picked it up at Bi-mart or RiteAid or the local grocery store. I'll keep an eye out this afternoon when I run errands and see if I spot it on shelves. As I recall it was in with all the regular pens/pencils wherever I found it. :confused:

Kathyc 09-29-2007 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chattiekathie (Post 7328367)
I just bought the Elmers Painter last night for this purpose - I haven't opened it yet, so I guess I'll try to exchange it. They also had a DecoColor pen by Marvy - maybe I'll try that. There was a ZIG Painty in white, too - I wonder how that would work?

I saw the zig painty at AC Moore last night but I think it might have been oil based; check it before you get it; the oil based sharpie I bought soaks completely into the cardstock!

Boss 09-30-2007 11:44 AM

bjtstamper, I checked out the stores here in Ontario yesterday and no white Sharpie poster pen. :( I must have picked mine up this summer when we went through Bozeman, MT. If you would like I can look up the phone or web addy for the scrapbook store there and you could see if they have them (they will mail, I believe).

I am a total non-geek and haven't been able to find the Belive santa sample by Nichole Heady that everyone is talking about. Could someone post a link? Thanks!:D

buggainok 09-30-2007 12:31 PM

I just came home from Walmart in Oklahoma City. They do not have the Sharpie, but they do carry a very good white pen.

It is in the crafts department and hanging with a bunch of other colors. The brand is "Painters" and they are $2.57 each. They contain white acrylic paint, which is the same thing as the Sharpie poster pen.

I tried it out and it looks great. Covers very well on dark cardstock. Takes a little while to dry, but so does the Sharpie. It is paint, ya know!

parknslide 09-30-2007 02:10 PM

I thought I had found the Sharpies at JoAnn's & then I read here they have to be the water based & I picked up the oil based & so I took them back.

shellca 09-30-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boss (Post 7335165)
I am a total non-geek and haven't been able to find the Belive santa sample by Nichole Heady that everyone is talking about. Could someone post a link? Thanks!:D

look here (towards the bottom):

http://www.nicholeheady.typepad.com/...eve/index.html

GolfCat69 09-30-2007 04:48 PM

Sorry I can't help with finding them...I will check around though. My DH brought them home from work one day. Lucky me - he works for the company that owns Sharpie!

Boss 09-30-2007 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellca (Post 7336816)

Thank you!!!!! :D Now I see why everyone is looking for the white Sharpie!:)

meluvstampin 10-01-2007 03:43 AM

I just seen them at Michaels. It is in a pack with 3 other colors but it is by the Christmas crafts at my M's. THey were no an end isle and thats how I noticed them.

shirolives 10-03-2007 01:59 AM

Found them in my email today. This is a fun site = Suze Weinberg. Water based, opaque, acid free, archival, white Sharpie...here's a link if you want them via internet:

http://www.schmoozewithsuze.com/prod...D=071002100356

hth