Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-16-2017, 11:33 AM   #401  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Ha Ha Ha! I think you should start a new blog. We already have the Frugal Stamper. We need "the Naked Stamper."
Well we wouldn't have to worry about getting our clothes inky, right?!? And I know - since it was your idea, Bugga, how about you volunteering!?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 12:27 PM   #402  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 94 Likes on 59 Posts

I typed up a reply to your funny naked comment, but must've been giggling so hard I hit the wrong button and never submitted! Naked stamping is dangerous for ones health. Especially if also using the bigshot! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 02:12 PM   #403  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I typed up a reply to your funny naked comment, but must've been giggling so hard I hit the wrong button and never submitted! Naked stamping is dangerous for ones health. Especially if also using the bigshot! LOL
Um, ouch!! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 02:35 PM   #404  
Crimping Master

I am shocked and saddened by your risqué comments and falling down laughing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 02:41 PM   #405  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryalenaView Post
I am shocked and saddened by your risqué comments and falling down laughing.
shocked and and
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 08:20 PM   #406  
Crimping Master

Haha why didn't I think of that?

I am also saddened that my TH platform left S.F on the 13th and with only four hours to travel has still not arrived. Seems odd. Tracking says on the way but......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 03:43 AM   #407  
Pearl-ExPert

The Post Office moves in mysterious ways. !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 03:50 AM   #408  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
The Post Office moves in mysterious ways. !
I think they have a list of people they like to torture! LOL. Kind of like Santa's naughty/nice list! It seems I'm on the naughty list for everything except bills!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #409  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsclark2001View Post
Yay! I got mine! Boo! I'm not getting the results I'd hoped for! Many of my stamps are bare red rubber. I've heard that people with the other stamp tool can stamp on watercolor paper with these types of stamps. I tried 2 different bare rubber stamps on two different types of watercolor paper and also tried 2 different inks but I am not happy with the results. I tried paper "shims" and a piece of foam but no luck. Any suggestions?

Edited to add that I'm getting great results with clear stamps on watercolor paper so that is fantastic!
I wanted to post my update with the finished card. I'm so glad you all saved me with tips for stamping on watercolor paper with my new toy. Can't wait for you to share your first creations.
Attached Thumbnails
Have you seen Tim Holtz's Stamp Positioner?-img_5789.jpg  

Last edited by mrsclark2001; 06-17-2017 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: Add pic
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 12:56 PM   #410  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I wanted to post my update with the finished card. I'm so glad you all saved me with tips for stamping on watercolor paper with my new toy. Can't wait for you to share your first creations.

Love your card! Especially cute with summer and road trips and kids!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 12:58 PM   #411  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

That's beyond cute! What did you do to make it work? Inquiring minds...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 06:02 PM   #412  
Glitter Guru

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
This is one solid, cute machine. Smaller than I thought, yay. (In my mind it had grown with each passing day.) Just don't like anyone tell you the magnets are easy to get apart if you stick them together on purpose to see if they're easy to get apart. (PhD in Duficity.)

Love the switch mechanism from polymer to rubber! Nice little click.

I would like the numbers/lines on the ruler to have more contrast against the black. My eyes are cruddier than they used to be. I have a Cutterpillar Crop* with zero contrast - just carved numbers/lines - and the Cutterpillar people suggested taking white or black acrylic paint and rubbing it into the lines, then rubbing off before it dried. I wonder if that would work, since the numbers/lines are very slightly carved in.

Someone is looking at me, making little noises and tapping me with a paw, so have to do a feeding and then will stamp. I hope you get yours today; bet you will!

* selling it since I have a Carl Cutter; PM if interested
Try a white crayon. We used to do that to our dice in the D & D days. I did it with one of my Tonic guillotine trimmers, and it worked well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 06:40 PM   #413  
Glitter Guru

Really!? How neat. I'll have to buy a white crayon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 07:05 PM   #414  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

That's beyond cute! What did you do to make it work? Inquiring minds...
Thanks! I had to really work it for awhile but glad I didn't give up. I used a purple silicone mat (not sure of the brand) used for embossing in my cuttlebug. I used the rubber side but it took many passes to get good impressions. My unmounted red rubber with foam work beautifully on watercolor paper though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2017, 01:18 PM   #415  
Stazon Splitcoast

Since inquiring minds want to know, I thought I would give a brief update.

My stamping platform arrived here in Oklahoma on my doorstep today! Yea!

I've opened it and checked it out and all is well. It's quite heavy and well made. I have some obligations today so I won't get a chance to use it right away.

But...one thing I noticed that I'm happy about. The side that flips to use clear stamps on is not embossed, or textured like the rubber side is.

I was a little worried that clear stamps wouldn't hold well on the texture, and the stamps I use the most lately are clear. So that's a good thing.

When I have a chance to use it, I'll post more details.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2017, 04:27 AM   #416  
Pearl-ExPert

Got mine, and so far I am happy. I tend to use it sideways (like so many I've seen in videos) because it's easier. I like the size of it, and it does seem to stamp easily with less pressure IMO. Have not used it that much yet, so may have more to say.

Would love to know what they changed on this. What were the "tweaks"? I should cancel my preorder (for which SSS now has pushed shipping back to July 20), but I am so curious.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2017, 05:31 AM   #417  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Got mine, and so far I am happy. I tend to use it sideways (like so many I've seen in videos) because it's easier. I like the size of it, and it does seem to stamp easily with less pressure IMO. Have not used it that much yet, so may have more to say.

Would love to know what they changed on this. What were the "tweaks"? I should cancel my preorder (for which SSS now has pushed shipping back to July 20), but I am so curious.
I'm curious too, and left my name on an LSS list. The Platform been working hard the last two days and I love it. Question for you, Rachel, and anyone: are you right or left handed, and with it open when stamping with it sideways (like a book), is the lid to your left or right?

I'm right handed, and when open, the lid is to my left, an automatic, natural placement, plus things I reach for while stamping are to my right. That means a lip is at the bottom. I didn't pay attention to that and was scooting cardstock lower and lower to stamp stripes, and designs on top of and in between stripes. That ended up creasing the paper because of the lip.

It was easy to un-crease, and I was just testing both the platform and stripe designs (so fun!). And duh - if the stamp had been placed toward the top of the platform instead of lower down, it wouldn't have happened - just not thinking ahead.

* And note to Bugga - glad you're at ease with the "washboard" side. ; ) Just for fun I stuck clear stamps to it and no prob with not sticking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2017, 05:40 AM   #418  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Question for you, Rachel, and anyone: are you right or left handed, and with it open when stamping with it sideways (like a book), is the lid to your left or right?.
I'm right handed and like you I stamp with the lid towards the left and my ink pad etc towards the right. It just feels natural.

I can't wait to see the second version of the platform and can't stop wondering what the difference(s) will be.

Last edited by sophiejolly; 06-20-2017 at 05:41 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2017, 05:45 AM   #419  
Pearl-ExPert

Right handed and I am working with the cover to the left. But I think if I wanted to do a repeat design, I might switch that and work from the top. Like Tim.

I am concerned (okay, worried) that I will like the new iteration better. Thus my hesitancy at cancelling my preorder. Which I know is ridiculous. How much better could it be? Unless it takes the stamps off the storage panel, cleans them when I'm done, and puts them back?

Last edited by Rachelrose; 06-20-2017 at 06:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2017, 09:18 AM   #420  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Right handed and I am working with the cover to the left. But I think if I wanted to do a repeat design, I might switch that and work from the top. Like Tim.

I am concerned (okay, worried) that I will like the new iteration better. Thus my hesitancy at cancelling my preorder. Which I know is ridiculous. How much better could it be? Unless it takes the stamps off the storage panel, cleans them when I'm done, and puts them back?
Maybe it will be worse. Maybe we'll be like the rare kids who get a car in high school.

The one that is coming out has an automatic cleaner that works similarly to how car windshield wipers work. And as previously mentioned, a button is pressed to hear one of a dozen "Timisms." Okay, I'll stop, though my mind goes to what could be said about stamping "top down."

If I stamped top down, I'd have to move things I keep in front of me when stamping and move the vegetable cans holder that holds frequently used tools. So the rare times it would be handy to do that, I guess I'd move things.

I stamped 29 or 30 times doing the stripe adventure, and still did left to right. I'm curious why you might switch to top down for multiples.

Last edited by bjeans; 06-20-2017 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: Eyes still dilated from doc appointment; so many typos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2017, 05:37 PM   #421  
Crimping Master

Being left handed I have always used my Misti upside down. I've never bothered to wonder about the importance of that external ruler. Sadly my TH from Craftworks seems to have been lost in transit. Last tracked it left San Francisco on the 13th and still tracks as in transit. I'm four hours away so it's not looking good and the local PO is very so what about it. Not sure of next steps. First PO fail for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 03:35 AM   #422  
Pearl-ExPert

Have you called USPS? Not your local PO. And if they keep giving you machine menu options, just keep saying "agent" or "respresentative" as your answer, over and over and over and over and over and over, until they give up and connect you to a person. I had something go lost, and that was the only way I was able to find it and get things moving. It had gotten hung up in a processing center for over a week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 04:37 AM   #423  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Being left handed I have always used my Misti upside down. I've never bothered to wonder about the importance of that external ruler. Sadly my TH from Craftworks seems to have been lost in transit. Last tracked it left San Francisco on the 13th and still tracks as in transit. I'm four hours away so it's not looking good and the local PO is very so what about it. Not sure of next steps. First PO fail for me.
Oh, that's awful, maryalena. In addition to Robin's suggestion, if you haven't visited your post office (besides calling), talking to the postmaster/manager there might be worthwhile, but you may have done that.

In San Francisco is it still at the ISC? Some international packages seem to get stuck there. How disappointing; I'm sorry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2017, 09:07 AM   #424  
Crimping Master

Thanks for the suggestions you guys. It apparently left SF on the 13th so I don't think it's still in customs. I went back to the PO yesterday and got a different person, no clue again. I'll go higher with your suggestions. I have never so eagerly awaited a package. Is this a karma thing? Haha.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2017, 09:38 AM   #425  
Pearl-ExPert

Call. And remember, don't let the machine intimidate you. It will want to track for you, and you want a person to talk to. Just answer every question with "agent", even if it says "I'd be happy to transfer you to a representative but first I need some information to get you to the right person". Just agent, agent, agent. It will give up eventually and put you in a queue.

I went through this with a shipment of medication. It got hung up somewhere and it took a live USPS agent to make things get unstuck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2017, 11:24 AM   #426  
Crimping Master

I spoke with the USPS central call center today. Her thought is that somehow the label has been damaged and that it is lost somewhere because of no label. Her last scan shows it going down the conveyer belt in SF and then it disappears after that. It’s probably not a customs issue. She told me that since it was not insured I have fewer options. I can file a claim and maybe the lost mail center in Atlanta may track it but it’s a long shot. She also said that if the sender part of the label is not damaged they might send it back to the UK. I will file the paperwork and notify the sender but this is a lesson in not having something shipped without insurance. I made assumptions that it was insured.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2017, 11:39 AM   #427  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I spoke with the USPS central call center today. Her thought is that somehow the label has been damaged and that it is lost somewhere because of no label. Her last scan shows it going down the conveyer belt in SF and then it disappears after that. It’s probably not a customs issue. She told me that since it was not insured I have fewer options. I can file a claim and maybe the lost mail center in Atlanta may track it but it’s a long shot. She also said that if the sender part of the label is not damaged they might send it back to the UK. I will file the paperwork and notify the sender but this is a lesson in not having something shipped without insurance. I made assumptions that it was insured.
So sorry to hear this. I do remember when I got my package, I noticed that the "label" was a small piece of paper with my name and address, covered with packing tape. It wasn't the big label like you get from packages from Amazon or places like that. It makes sense that it might have been damaged or lost.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2017, 11:39 AM   #428  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I'm still waiting for my shipment too. Mine was shipped a few days after yours and was processed through ISC Los Angles on the 16th. Arrived and departed at the USPS facility on the 19th and has been in transit to destination since the 20th. I am about four hours away from LA and now I'm a bit worried that it may be lost. I will give it a few more days before I start to panic. At this rate, I will receive the UK version the same time the US version is finally available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2017, 05:11 PM   #429  
Glitter Guru

I'm bummed for both of you. That's so disappointing.

I'd think if packing tape covered the small label, it would be even *more* well protected, maybe even more so than a "regular" label, at least if it was fully covered. But I don't remember what it looked like

I have a feeling they'll show up. But maybe that's just wishful thinking.

ETA: "more"

Last edited by bjeans; 06-24-2017 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: Omitted a word
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2017, 06:55 PM   #430  
Crimping Master

Could this be true? I just got an update after 10 days that my package departed Oakland today!! Nothing goes from SF to Oakland on it's way to my little town up north. They are like seven minutes apart. Dare I hope????

Bjeans your crystal ball is working overtime.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2017, 08:06 PM   #431  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Don't fret

Quote:

Originally Posted by domesticdivaView Post
I'm still waiting for my shipment too. Mine was shipped a few days after yours and was processed through ISC Los Angles on the 16th. Arrived and departed at the USPS facility on the 19th and has been in transit to destination since the 20th. I am about four hours away from LA and now I'm a bit worried that it may be lost. I will give it a few more days before I start to panic. At this rate, I will receive the UK version the same time the US version is finally available.
That happened to me.... and my Platform arrived. Mine departed LA and I received it 6 days later. I'm 2 1/2 hrs from LA.

http://darlenemcg.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2017, 03:55 AM   #432  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Could this be true? I just got an update after 10 days that my package departed Oakland today!! Nothing goes from SF to Oakland on it's way to my little town up north. They are like seven minutes apart. Dare I hope????

You dare.

Sounds like it got stuck in a large hub, and/or was misdirected. Fingers crossed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2017, 06:07 AM   #433  
Rubber Obsessor

Does anyone else wish they would just tell us what changes were made?
If they are significant, then maybe we would not want it. I hope they really are extremely minor but wow, it was already so different from the others that I just hope we all like them as much as we thought we would originally lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2017, 07:30 AM   #434  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftwiseView Post
Does anyone else wish they would just tell us what changes were made?
If they are significant, then maybe we would not want it. I hope they really are extremely minor but wow, it was already so different from the others that I just hope we all like them as much as we thought we would originally lol.
Sure, but they can't due to the lawsuit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2017, 07:54 AM   #435  
Crimping Master

Quote:

It looks like Bjeans crystal ball is working overtime. I just checked and it has arrived at a local USPS. Hopefully it will come today or Monday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2017, 07:56 AM   #436  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by darlenemcgView Post
That happened to me.... and my Platform arrived. Mine departed LA and I received it 6 days later. I'm 2 1/2 hrs from LA.
Thanks - it looks like it has arrived at a local USPS this morning. Now, I just have to wait for it to hit my front door.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2017, 12:28 PM   #437  
Crimping Master

Yay for everyone who is close to grasping their platform in eager hands. I guess my theory that my mail truck only had a reverse gear is incorrect. Here's to hope! I'm thinking Tuesday would be a reasonable delivery day but that may be optimistic after hearing these LA stories.

I guess that is right. With the lawsuit, wondering also if revealing the changes could provide more fodder for MSP. Seems like an awkward position for them but they must be getting big time legal advice. I can't imagine that they would risk taking away a major feature without an awful lot of blowback from customers. On the positive side maybe it is some drop dead added feature that will make me buy a second one. Groan.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2017, 12:59 PM   #438  
Glitter Guru

Yay!

Magic 8 Ball rocks! ; )

I was at a Stamp & SB Expo all day today and yesterday. If you don't want to be enabled? Never. Ever. Go. Took five classes, was the volunteer teacher's helper in two (though they pay you), didn't spend as much time as I wanted on the convention floor, but had fun.

So glad your Tim platforms are finally going to their loving homes!

ETA: They said it would be a tweak and most people wouldn't notice. That seems un-bigfeaturelike. ; )

Last edited by bjeans; 06-26-2017 at 10:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2017, 07:16 PM   #439  
Crimping Master

Curiouser and curiouser about "the tweak." I expect the forums to light up if the release actually happens in July.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2017, 07:04 AM   #440  
Crimping Master

The Stamp Platform arrived at my doorstep yesterday while I was out. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but so happy to have it.

It will be interesting to see what the tweak is to the US version.

Maryalena - hope your platform arrives soon.
Reply With Quote Likes