Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-09-2006, 08:25 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking GOT MY CRICUT 50% 0FF COUPON

Hi Ladies i just wanted to let you know that a week ago, AC Moore had a scrapbooking demonstration and they had emailed me 2 coupons one 40% and one 50% I went to try to get my cricut and they didn't have it in stock. I asked to speak to the manager and told her how upset I was that they didn't have it. She said it was Provo Cfrat's fault that they are not stocking the stores to prevent people from using the coupons. She said there was a waitlist and I could pay for mine use my coupon and wait. Now a week later they called me so I could pick it up. It came to $162.85. I'm happy!!! So speak to the managers you never know.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 07:28 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Wink

I know nobody has responded because they are excited with the catty, expecting and received orders but I just wanted to share that my Cricut works wonders and I will not be buying all the monograms from SU anymore instead I'll be getting more alphabets for my Cricut and I can blow them up to 5 1/2 inches. It cuts like butter! Love that I can use SU cardstock as well as the beautiful textured papers that Provo Craft offers at $5 a pack (w/out coupon) I can't wait to get more fonts. I have the animal kingdom cardtridge and its so cute! Hope I'm not talking to myself but if someone is listening get your Cricut at AC MOORe next time they throw a 50% off coupon it won't hurt a bit! LOL!:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 07:37 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought the Cricut today at Micheal's. Their current 40% off coupon does not exclude it, and it's not on a current sale... SO YIPPIE for me I got it 40% off!!
HOwever - I'm going to keep it in the box for a few days.....not too sure if it's really a MUST HAVE! I have quickutz and sizzex...not to mention many SU! alphabet sets. I'll use the Cricut more for die cutting shapes (I like the tags,bags, and boxes cartridge). I sold TONS of retired stamp sets and was able to pay cash for the cricut!! WOOHOO

But, What do you think....is it worth keeping? or should I invest in more STAMPS?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 07:44 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Wink

Dear Paris, I love it so much that I am currently thinking of placing all my sizzix alphabets on Ebay. I'm so lazy no more manual labor other than pushing a couple of buttons and letting it cut! I love that you can make the letters in so many sizes I would never use a 5 1/2 inch letter in a scrapbook page but I can certainly will make words for my three year old's room and shapes so that he can see them, repeat them and learn them. I just love my cricut! I know what you mean about the tags and shapes cardtridge that will be my next purchase with the tote so I can carry my Cricut with me. I think you should try it out! I'm just so happy with it!:mrgreen: For SU cardstock you have to set it at maximum speed and the blade on number 6 it cuts really nice! I have to say that I am not SU exclusive when it comes to scrapbooking but I love my newsprint stamp set and will NEVER give that up. But I'm saving tons of $$$ by not buying all the monograms that's a lot of mula!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2006, 09:12 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

How much are the cartridges typically?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2006, 09:17 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine just came in the mail (50% off from Joann.com) 2 days ago. I've stared at it. Cartridges are typically 89.99, but I won't buy them unless they are on sale or with an AC Moore or Michaels coupon. This will never replace my love of stamping -- in fact, I intend to stamp the paper before cutting out the letters! It will however be fun to make shapes, etc.

I think the cutting mat wears out quickly, so I'm going to stock up on those using coupons too. good luck!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2006, 09:23 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Great idea to stamp your paper first. Does it come with a font already or is it essentially naked?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2006, 10:06 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sorry for the hijack but what is AC Moore? Is it like Michaels? I was just wondering. Thanks:mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2006, 06:19 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Yes you can go to their website & find the nearest one near you.
www.acmoore.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this or thought about it but did you happen to notice the USB port on the back of the Cricut. UMMM wonder whats going to happen with that?? Wonder if it is going to be able to do things like the wishblade. Won't that be cool if we can just attach it to our computers & be able to hook into any program & cut out things.
Just thought I would bring this point up. I think Jan. is the date a lot of the companies release new products at the big show.
Sharon

*��)
�.� ��.�**��) �.�**�)
(*�.�� (*�.�' Sharon*��)
�.� ��.�**��) �.�**�)
(*�.�� (*�.�'

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2006, 07:59 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 29 Likes on 4 Posts

Sharon...that's why I have been biting my lip and closing my eyes everything I pass by the Cricut machine at Wally World.... I heard they where also going to release something else in line with "Wishblade and Craft Robo". I wasn't sure if I wanted to save up for a Wishblade/Robo or jump in with the Cricut. So far I have been able to stay away from all the things that needed extra cartridges.... and feed my desired at times by going to the scrapbook store (30 miles away) and using their machine. My girlfriend loves here Robo!!! But, Boy... That little Cricut is a cutie pie... and that tote... oh my goodness... I just want it to cut what I want it to cut.... is that too much to ask.....

You go Briana... Have fun.... I wish I was... I'm still on the fence.... and those pointed things hurt..... lololololol I better go look at the catty and order some stamps to quiet me down.....

Faith
:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2006, 09:22 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briana
Hi Ladies i just wanted to let you know that a week ago, AC Moore had a scrapbooking demonstration and they had emailed me 2 coupons one 40% and one 50% I went to try to get my cricut and they didn't have it in stock. I asked to speak to the manager and told her how upset I was that they didn't have it. She said it was Provo Cfrat's fault that they are not stocking the stores to prevent people from using the coupons. She said there was a waitlist and I could pay for mine use my coupon and wait. Now a week later they called me so I could pick it up. It came to $162.85. I'm happy!!! So speak to the managers you never know.

WooHoo! Can't beat that! I'm still trying to tell myself that I don't need one, but It's a loosing battle especially everytime I log on here lol
I do wish that we had an AC More the closest one to me is 437 miles away :-(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2006, 09:17 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by sims700
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this or thought about it but did you happen to notice the USB port on the back of the Cricut. UMMM wonder whats going to happen with that?? Wonder if it is going to be able to do things like the wishblade. Won't that be cool if we can just attach it to our computers & be able to hook into any program & cut out things.
Just thought I would bring this point up. I think Jan. is the date a lot of the companies release new products at the big show.
Sharon

The USB port is a question that someone raised in one of the November Cricut newsletters. The response from Cricut was that the USB port is for software updates. They did say that a future possibility is software to make the Cricut interactive with your computer, but don't have a definite date on that.

I am hoping they work on the interactive software asap as I want it now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogwoman
The USB port is a question that someone raised in one of the November Cricut newsletters. The response from Cricut was that the USB port is for software updates. They did say that a future possibility is software to make the Cricut interactive with your computer, but don't have a definite date on that.

I am hoping they work on the interactive software asap as I want it now.
How do you get the Cricut newsletters?

And how do you know when and if you need to update software? I noticed mine says Cricut 1.0 when you turn it on so I wondered about that myself.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2007, 09:33 AM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

I just got the Cricut for Christmas and I am having so much fun. I was wondering if anyone has tried to cut chipboard yet? I am going to be getting tons of chipboard coasters and I wanted to try cutting out some letters so I don't have to buy anymore!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2007, 10:10 AM   #16  
Embossing Fanatic

I was in Michael's the other day (New Year's Eve) and overheard two women talking about the Cricut. One of them was asking the other if she had heard they were coming out with something new? Maybe that USB port has something to do with it? I am on the fence about buying one and am afraid if I do now, they will come out with something "bigger and better."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2007, 12:15 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Go to www.cricut.com to sign up for the newsletter. It's called the "Cheep" or the "Chirp," something like that, lol! When they launch a software update, I'm sure it'll be announced there.

As for "newer, bigger, better," Cricut coming out...yes, it sounds as if there will be another Cricut launched at CHA. That should be like end of Jan/start of Feb I think. All I've heard is that it's supposed to cut 12" wide paper. Beyond that I really haven't heard much besides sheer speculation. (I guess you know how we girls can get, lol!)

There is a message board you can join at cricut.com as well, and get a lot of info on the Cricut, as well as all the latest speculations, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #18  
Cardstock Collector

Default Critcut

I got mine at Walmart for 169.00 retail. The cartrages where 59.00. It sounds like that is the regular price for them there. I wonder what they will come out with at CHA. I will be bummed if it is a 12" one. Oh well water under the bridge now. I am sure hubby would not be happy if I said... I want I want.. Now..

Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2007, 05:11 PM   #19  
Embossing Fanatic

What is CHA?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2007, 05:37 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

my friend works at michael's. she was told by their provo craft rep that they will eventually have the capability of cricut owners going online to provo craft and downloading alphabet sets. i have no idea what the cost of that will be, but that's what she was told.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

So no one has tried Chipboard huh?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2007, 07:06 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Chipboard would probably void the warranty. It's too thick. At the highest settings, I can cut SU cardstock, which is pretty thick cardstock. I suppose if you slow the blade down a lot, it might do the job, but I'm gonna leave that to someone braver than I....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2007, 07:07 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

CHA is the Craft & Hobby Association. There is a big vendor show in the winter where different companies introduce new or improved products. Not open to the public, only retailers, vendors and/or employees with passes can go. <sniff!>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am glad someone else noticed the USB, I kept asking DH about it and he was looking at me like I had two heads or something....like it was supposed to be there and I just wasn't getting it!

I'm pretty sure I shut my blog down til further notice! Perhaps forever!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #25  
Insane Embellisher

I got my Cricut for Christmas and just set it up today. I love it but now I'm nervous that something bigger and better is in store down the road. Ugh...it makes sense though b/c now that WalMart is selling them (cheaper than Jo Ann's and Michael's) it's probably too good to be true!
169.00 is an awesome price though. It's amazing how WalMart prices vary depending on where you live. My parents bought it for me at 199.99 and when I was visiting my fianc� it was 20.00 cheaper at his WalMart.
Also, I have been watching the Michael's and Jo Ann's coupons for months and I've never seen one that includes the Cricut for the coupon sales. I was curious as to what area was doing that....
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

I think I might actually try the chipboad when I get it...because it would be SO cool if it did that!!! I will keep you posted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 09:01 PM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

Okay, I FINALLY got some coasters and I tried cutting them with my Cricut AND................IT WORKED!!!! I mean, it didn't go all the way through, so I had to finish it off with my X-acto, but STILL!!! I cut out a ton of large flowers and hearts and I haven't had to change the blade at all. I am having so much fun!!! Now I think I may need to order more coasters!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 06:09 AM   #28  
Crimping Master

Default Cutting coasters-???

How brave of you!! What settings did you you use and how thick are your coasters?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 07:52 AM   #29  
Inking Addict

I join all of you in crossing my fingers that the new model isn't so cool that I regret using ALL my christmas giftcards to buy it. If it just goes to 12x12, that's fine - I don't HAVE to have that - but if there are other really cool features (USB, for example) or if the cartridges aren't cross compatible, I'll be mad!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 08:16 AM   #30  
Gallery Gazer

My coasters are probably 1/16" thick. I used the deepest cut setting and I put it on the slowest setting and it worked great!
Reply With Quote Likes