Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Good stamp markers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/good-stamp-markers-488502/)

pSaMuse 04-21-2010 01:49 PM

Good stamp markers

what do you recommend? with reasonable pricing? And why do you like them?

53queenbee 04-21-2010 01:54 PM

My tombow markers (they make the SU markers) are never going to run out of ink I think! I got mine for about $2 each.

pSaMuse 04-21-2010 02:00 PM

are all stamp makers, or markers for that matter watercolor as well? so you can use them to both color your stamp and do the watercolor techniques?

53queenbee 04-21-2010 02:10 PM

Yes you can! they are a little hard to blend on some paper though...I learned to use the at a convention and Stamps by Judith taught me...the real Judith! She is so talented and was so patient with me.

alanasnana 04-22-2010 08:12 AM

I love my Stampin Up markers. I joined a marker club to get them over a period of four months so I didn't have to absorb the cost all at once. I use them all the time.

cat_woman 04-22-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pSaMuse (Post 16548052)
are all stamp makers, or markers for that matter watercolor as well? so you can use them to both color your stamp and do the watercolor techniques?

The only markers you can't use on your stamps are the alcohol ink markers, like copics, sharpies, and Bic mark its. I just starting using the Marvy Le Plume markers and I really like them. The initial reason I got them was so I could use them with my clear stamps - the ink doesn't pool on the clear stamps like other waterbase ink markers do. So far I've only used them to ink my stamps with, but I know that I've used my other markers (crayola) to watercolour with, so I'm sure the Marvy will work as well for that technique. I have yet, also, to try using a blending pen with the waterbase ink markers to blend colours. Thats the one thing I'm not to good at yet is blending the waterbase inks. But I have some copics and a whole whack of Mark Its and Sharpies, so I think I'm good on markers for some time.

antiquestamper 04-22-2010 09:27 AM

Another vote for Stampin' Up's markers. They are wonderful!

pSaMuse 04-22-2010 11:18 AM

I bought some of the Marvy markers at Michaels the other night. I was thinking about trying the Papertrey Inc ones, particularly because there are other things from that company that I would be getting on a regular basis. I like to keep within the same company. I have also thought about SU....

SkyNacho 04-22-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pSaMuse (Post 16554844)
I bought some of the Marvy markers at Michaels the other night. I was thinking about trying the Papertrey Inc ones, particularly because there are other things from that company that I would be getting on a regular basis. I like to keep within the same company. I have also thought about SU....

Papertrey doesn't have its own line of markers. They sell copics.

weims 04-22-2010 11:46 AM

Another vote for SU markers. Of course, I love having things match so well.

sempermom 04-22-2010 12:36 PM

I have some SU markers that are 8yrs old and still going strong! CTMH are good too

meluvstampin 04-22-2010 02:19 PM

I use my CTMH markers the most for stamps. I LOVE the colors they have!
The tips do not fuzz like my SU ones do and the little tips does not go dry.

pSaMuse 04-22-2010 03:18 PM

The consensus sounds that SU are the best. =D

thescrapmaster 04-22-2010 03:46 PM

Another vote here for the SU markers. They are great.

babydal57 04-23-2010 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_woman (Post 16553479)
The only markers you can't use on your stamps are the alcohol ink markers, like copics, sharpies, and Bic mark its. I just starting using the Marvy Le Plume markers and I really like them. The initial reason I got them was so I could use them with my clear stamps - the ink doesn't pool on the clear stamps like other waterbase ink markers do. So far I've only used them to ink my stamps with, but I know that I've used my other markers (crayola) to watercolour with, so I'm sure the Marvy will work as well for that technique. I have yet, also, to try using a blending pen with the waterbase ink markers to blend colours. Thats the one thing I'm not to good at yet is blending the waterbase inks. But I have some copics and a whole whack of Mark Its and Sharpies, so I think I'm good on markers for some time.

Actually you can use alcohol based markers on your stamps. You just color like with any other marker and mist it with the blending solution and stamp. You get more of a watercolor look that I love. You can also layer color like you do with Copics for more interesting results.

You also need to make sure that you clean you stamps with the blending solution to get any residual ink off and then condition them with something like Stampin Mist or another cleaner with glycerin in it. ;)

But I do agree with the masses. I *love* my SU markers to use on stamps.

uncbballfan 04-23-2010 11:05 PM

Love my Tombow markers, AND they can be stored vertically. I have had mine for about 12 years, stored with the brush tip up, and have never had a problem. Also love their blending pens. A tip I have if you're not using watercolor paper, is to stamp your image, mist it very LIGHTLY with a matte sealer, then color. The sealer will keep the paper from "pilling", and will enable you to blend/shade easier, as the ink doesn't soak into the paper as quickly.