Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-25-2009, 10:54 AM   #41  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Glue Glider and love it. I bought it, knowing that it was not as economical as the ATG, but because I didn't want to run out of adhesive so often. To me, the ATG looked too cumbersome, although I know that the people who use it and love it say it isn't. I like the smaller size.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DH bought me the Glue Glider when I sent him out for tape during a deadline project. Yes, the refills are expensive, but I'm loving it so far!! I like the fact that it is small and easier to store than theATG guns that I've seen (I will say that I've never tried the ATG). For now, this is what works for me!
Exploring Creativity~blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #43  
Cardstock Collector

The perma tac comes out in a continuous line of rectangle shaped adhesive and the high tac comes out in a continuous line of dots. I like the way the high tac comes out because when you are laying down a line of adhesive, the perma tac sometimes leaves a piece over the edge that you have to pull off or fold over. I imagine the perma tac creates a stronger bond, but I've not had a need for that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 07:08 AM   #44  
Compulsive Stamper

Well I just Bbought my ATG 714 and i love it. I havent gotten to play with it so much but it is just so much better then buying the tape at Ms or Joann. It was hard to load the tape at first even watching the youtube videos but once you understood it then it was no problem! I havent used the glue glider pro I really cant say anything about it! My choice was that or the ATG. Alot of online searches later and then my choice was made.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

I am also comparing the ATG to the GG and Tombow. I currently use Tombow and don't not have either of the other 2. The biggest draw backs for the ATG for me is that it seems huge, looks like a big pain to refill, I can't get it locally, and the initial cost, of course. I can get the GG and Tombow at HL with coupons. I keep hoping that maybe they will come out with a smaller ATG. If they do that I will probably get it. Right now, though, there are too many draw backs to the ATG. I'm still considering the Glue Glider.

I want to buy everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #46  
Stampin' Fool

I have both and usually go for the ATG. It's bigger so I can find it faster, LOL! I have not bought refills for the glider after the roll that came with it got used up because they are expensive even with a coupon. Also, I didn't like the feel of it compared to the ATG. With the ATG I felt I could aim the adhesive exactly where I wanted it to go but the glider always felt off for some reason. Hard to explain. I think I will put the glider in a gift basket with a refill and give it away with stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

subscribing......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #48  
Stampin' Fool

Also wanted to add it's nice having lots of adhesive around. I never have to worry about running out because I order enough to get free shipping. I think I got my gun maybe 2 years ago (at least 1 1/2) with a box of adhesive and I'm just now getting close to needing to order some more. Don't know if the price has changed since then!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2009, 11:26 AM   #49  
Compulsive Stamper

Red face The info I was looking for!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchkView Post
I have and love the Glue Glider Pro. It works great with my arthritic hands, which the ATG does not.
Thanks for your input! I have RA (the mean one). I have to get real creative sometimes with my crafting tools. I had heard the GGP was easier for us arthritis folks but I wanted comfirmation from someone that actually had the disease.

I have actually stood in an elevator wondering why it wasn't moving....then I finally realized my fingers didn't press the button hard enough! I just laugh at myself and try again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

I got the glue glider pro a couple of weeks ago and am very happy with it. I plan on buying the refills on sale and /or with free shipping whenever I can. there is another thread somewhere that has some good info on where to get your refills.
Hope it works out for you too....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #51  
Matboard Maniac

I don't have any experience with the GGP, but I just had to chime in here that I've been watching threads about the ATG for 3 years, knew a gal that swore by it, and I FINALLY bought one last week. I was using double-sided tape that whole time and I just got tired of handling the tape. I was ready for a tape runner.

I am absolutely in LOVE with my ATG! It's big but lightweight and easy to use. It's easy to refill and refills are CHEAP!!

I'm so glad I finally stopped listening to all the negative comments about the ATG. I feel I can use adhesive freely now and I don't have to worry about wasting a ton of money.

Scrapbooking and card-making is FUN again thanks to the ATG!! BEST purchase I've ever made in this hobby!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2009, 03:30 PM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

My son is giving me the Glue Glidder for Christmas. I found it online in OH MY CRAFTS...with free refills. Got a package deal, so I'm set for awhile. I'm excited to receive it! I'll just use Mike's or Joann's coupons when the time comes to buy the refills again. I won't pay full price for a refill! Merry Christmas everyone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2009, 08:53 AM   #53  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I LOVE my Glue Glider Pro. It's easy to use and very light.

I found out that Oriental Trading Company has the Refills for $6.99 each

Refills Plus I found a lady on Ebay that sells them for $6.00 each.

I bought 3 of them the other day.

I'm happy that I found them less expensive else where.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2009, 10:00 AM   #54  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hobby Lobby has the refills for Glu Glider at $8.99 but you can use a 40% off coupon. I just saw them while on a visit to Tennessee. I wish we had HL here on the west coast.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2009, 10:17 AM   #55  
Inking Addict

Thumbs up

I also recently bought a GGP and LOVE it. I got a really good bundle deal from stampingscrapping.com and the refills thru them are currently $5.48. Pretty good deal, I bought several of each refill when I ordered. Also love the amount of adhesive on each cartridge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #56  
Cardstock Collector

I've had problems with the GGP too-same refill issue. Also, I had several issues with the tape sliding to one side of the roller and gunking up. It all depends on the refill. I expected it to last longer than what I was currently using and bought it for that reason. The cheap price lured me in. I was soooo disappointed that it didn't last any longer than my tombow mono. After seeing the price for refills and comparing it, tombow was a better buy. I wish I had read the reviews before I bought it. I just ordered the atg from framingsupplies. I hope it fulfills my need for a good, easy and cheap adhesive solution. I've learned my lesson...initial cheap price doesn't mean a good deal in the long run.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #57  
Crimping Master

I have both and tend to use the Glue Glider more. The ATG was really big and ackward to use. Also, you have to hold down a button with the ATG for it to dispense the adhesive and the GG you just put down on the paper and run it across... no buttons to hold down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2010, 04:29 PM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapcat71View Post
I don't have any experience with the GGP, but I just had to chime in here that I've been watching threads about the ATG for 3 years, knew a gal that swore by it, and I FINALLY bought one last week. I was using double-sided tape that whole time and I just got tired of handling the tape. I was ready for a tape runner.

I am absolutely in LOVE with my ATG! It's big but lightweight and easy to use. It's easy to refill and refills are CHEAP!!

I'm so glad I finally stopped listening to all the negative comments about the ATG. I feel I can use adhesive freely now and I don't have to worry about wasting a ton of money.

Scrapbooking and card-making is FUN again thanks to the ATG!! BEST purchase I've ever made in this hobby!
I just bought an ATG gun as well (and I have the Glue Glider) and I absolutely LOVE the ATG! Yes, it is bigger then the glue glider, but the tape for the ATG is so much cheaper that I could not justify buying the refills for the Glue Glider.

My Glue Glider is going to be sold with a few of the tape cartridges, and that money will be used to buy more tape for my ATG gun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #59  
Mad Swapper

I can see the lure of the GGP because of its size and because it's "cute," but I LOVE my ATG. I can't justify the expense of $6+ for a refill that doesn't come anywhere close to the amount of adhesive in an ATG refill. I can get an ATG refill for less than $1.50 sometimes for 36 YARDS of adhesive (over 3x more adhesive than a GGP refill at 1/4 the price!). My ATG is second nature. I don't think about pushing buttons, and the size doesn't bother me because it's light and well-balanced-- not nearly as unwieldy as it looks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #60  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by papernuttyView Post
I also recently bought a GGP and LOVE it. I got a really good bundle deal from stampingscrapping.com and the refills thru them are currently $5.48. Pretty good deal, I bought several of each refill when I ordered. Also love the amount of adhesive on each cartridge.
That's where I bought my last supply of refills. And the shipping time was good.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2010, 07:00 AM   #61  
Inking Addict

I was actually just researching this product because I just got one and wanted to read up on tips because the package said that it has so many different uses because of the strength of the adhesive and ran across a field study of both the Glue Glider Pro and the AVG Gun.

Basically the GGP win's when it comes to adhesive strength, size, weight, usability. They found that the adhesive on the AVG gun left extra adhesive that needed to be pulled off and wasn't perforated to apply adhesive only where intended like the GGP gun.

Here is the website where the information is at on the CLASSroom:
http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_c...s-atg-714
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2010, 04:54 AM   #62  
Insane Embellisher

I bought an GGP a little while back and have mixed feelings. WHEN the tape dispenses from the refill (permanent), it does so quite nicely. However, about 50% of the time, the refill seems to stop rolling off the used portion of the tape and I have to take it apart and manually tighten the used part of the roll. Not impressed. When I use up my stash of refills (about another dozen) I think I will be giving the ATG a try. Now that my local M's carries them, I don't mind picking one up with a coupon.

you can also find me here on the web: http://kanatanewfpapercrafts.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes