Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-10-2009, 08:20 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daisy 2 in Wizard, Big Shot

I am using the Daisy 2 die in my Wizard. They fail to cut completely. I spend a lot of time trying to rip the daisies out of the paper, and have to resort to scissors to finish cutting them out. I have tried a different sandwich, substituting a hard clear acrylic Cuttlebug B plate for the universal mat that came with the Wizard. This works a little better. The other thing I have tried is putting two sheets of cardstock in so that one of them will actually cut cleanly. Do those of you with the Big Shot experience this type of problem? If not, I would sure be tempted to buy the Big Shot. It takes forever to make anything when I spend so much time cutting out something that was supposed to be completely and cleanly cut! The Wizard works fine with Nestabilities, but I have sure struggled with this Daisy2 die. Thank you!!
-Ann
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 06:52 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

I have the Big Shot and the Daisy 2 die and have had no problems with it at all. I can't remember having any issues with anyone's dies not cutting completely and I wouldn't trade my Big Shot for anything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 07:04 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Thank you. That is good to know. The Wizard just seems to be a struggle with that Daisy2 die. Supposedly it has thousands of pounds of pressure, but I have always wondered why that is necessary to cut paper?? I will have to definitely consider the Big Shot. Thanks for the post.
-Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Skype™ to jeannie barron

I didn't have any problems with the Daisy 2 in my big shot, lot of fun to play with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 12:34 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love the Daisy 2...it makes beautiful flowers...
Blessings,

Oh..I have the BS and the Cuttlebug.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I have the wizzard also. I had the cuttlebug snowflake die and embossing folder. I also had the leaf one no problem however the snowflake was a big problem with me. I even had someone check to make sure the die was not defective because the snowflake did not cut out completely (quite a pain). I finally played around with the die again and decided to use some shims ( use the cuttlebug folder backs or some heavy duty posterboard like paper) I tried different shims amount to I finally had success and was finally able to cut the snowflake. I hope this might work with your daisy2 sometimes even one shim or 2 might work. Good Luck I have a love /hate relationship with my wizzard. If does have a attitutude sometimes (I guess it matches the owner) (I know this is a machine and does not have feelings etc but still)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2009, 11:19 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Thank you for the advice to try shims. I gave that a try and have had better luck. I have also tried some of the cuttlebug plates and that seems to help, too. I like my Wizard, but it can have an "attitude" at times, as you stated! Sometimes I have to do battle with it to make the sandwich "engage". And then of course there is the great force with which it ejects from the machine. When I am cutting smaller dies, I always use my Revolution, because it is quiet, easy and quick and only requires one plate. Would love to get the Big Shot, but it is hard to justify a third die-cutting machine!! Thanks for your suggestions. I do love the Daisy 2 die and have made a couple cards and with the shims, this should be an easier process.
-Ann
Reply With Quote Likes