Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Genesis Paper Trimmer/Bonnie's Best Art Tools (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/genesis-paper-trimmer-bonnies-best-art-tools-608157/)

uncbballfan 03-09-2016 06:19 PM

Genesis Paper Trimmer/Bonnie's Best Art Tools

Does anyone have any information on Bonnie's Best Art Tools or the Genesis paper trimmer?

The same message has been on the website for a couple of years about being out of stock. I was able to add a a guide bar to my cart, but other individual parts are not available due to a parts issue according to a message in my cart.

The FB page has not been updated in about 3 years now.

Any info???

bluesh4rk 03-10-2016 02:51 PM

I would really love to know too because I have been wanting one of these paper cutters for ages. I put myself on the waiting list but I am guessing it might have gone into a black hole.

uncbballfan 03-10-2016 03:44 PM

Julia, I have one and can't imagine doing without it. I was actually going to order the cutting replacement assembly. Not that I even need it yet, but to have just in case...

I emailed Bonnie but haven't heard back. She used to be on here, but she hasn't posted anything since 2014.

sprtchick 03-10-2016 07:54 PM

I want a Genesis too so I hope they are still in business.

sunrisea 03-11-2016 02:53 PM

This is the phone number for Bonnie's on Google: Phone:(404) 869-0081; I would call her.

I order something else for her about 3 months ago with fast service and no problems so I would think she was still in business.

NYTripletMommy 03-13-2016 04:38 AM

Okay....now I want one of those!!! I have been looking at stack paper cutters but this looks awesome!

Arizona 03-16-2016 12:48 PM

I've been wanting one for years, but finally got tired of waiting for them to become available and the lack of response other people were getting regarding whether they were even in business anymore. I purchased a Rotatrim Professional Trimmer instead and have been very happy with it. I can cleanly cut 3 pieces of Gina K heavy weight cardstock and even chip board. A bonus is it cost me less than what I would have paid for the larger Genesis which is what I would have bought.

This is the one I got from Amazon:
Amazon.com : Rotatrim RC RCM15 15-Inch Cut Rotatrim Professional-15 Cutter : Printer Cutters : Camera & Photo

sprtchick 03-16-2016 09:45 PM

Arizona I just put one in my cart on Amazon. Im so frustrated by cutters I have purchased.

NYTripletMommy 03-17-2016 02:11 PM

Oh man!!! Now I want this too!! ;-)

Joan B 03-23-2016 01:38 AM

I love mine. It isn't made of kryptonite. Surely someone should be able to build one!

binkiemonstermom 03-28-2016 08:13 AM

I have one and it is the best trimmer out there. I also have the green one - cutter pillar that I think is very comparable, just not as well made (it is well made but the genesis is all metal just feels professional, where the cutter pillar has some plastic on it.) If genesis one is no longer available I think the cutter pillar would be a good substitution for most.

sprtchick 03-29-2016 09:27 PM

Im not a cutterpilkar fan...but I want to be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by binkiemonstermom (Post 21206160)
I have one and it is the best trimmer out there. I also have the green one - cutter pillar that I think is very comparable, just not as well made (it is well made but the genesis is all metal just feels professional, where the cutter pillar has some plastic on it.) If genesis one is no longer available I think the cutter pillar would be a good substitution for most.

I have probably had my Cutterpillar v3 for 2 or 3 years. It has never given a goid cut even with a new blade. It feathers the edges of the paper and leaves some of the paper turned under to give it a weird edge. I have had 3 blades and the results are the same. It is the most accurate cutter that I have ever had just leaves such a poopy edge on the side you cut. I have ordered 4 other cutters over the last few months trying to find a good one. I have so many cutters its depressing! Just got a Fiskars large bed (like 12 x 12) with a gilloutine for cutting. It has a self sharpening blade too. It just came yesterday so I have not had a chance to try it yet.

So tired of wasting money on paper cutters.

connie leone 04-01-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchick (Post 21207254)
I have probably had my Cutterpillar v3 for 2 or 3 years. It has never given a goid cut even with a new blade. It feathers the edges of the paper and leaves some of the paper turned under to give it a weird edge. I have had 3 blades and the results are the same. It is the most accurate cutter that I have ever had just leaves such a poopy edge on the side you cut. I have ordered 4 other cutters over the last few months trying to find a good one. I have so many cutters its depressing! Just got a Fiskars large bed (like 12 x 12) with a gilloutine for cutting. It has a self sharpening blade too. It just came yesterday so I have not had a chance to try it yet.

So tired of wasting money on paper cutters.

Amber, when you have a chance to try out your new trimmer, please let me (us) know how you like. I need a new trimmer myself and I prefer the guillotine style as that is what I always use. Thank - you !!

sprtchick 04-01-2016 08:39 PM

I will try it out tomorrow Connie.

uncbballfan 04-01-2016 11:34 PM

You can't really believe anything you find on the internet, but my latest search for info on Bonnie's Best shows the address to be a home, and a further search shows this to be a vacant lot. Who knows?

But I do know I'm mad as, well, I can't say how mad I am. After spending hundreds of dollars (albeit a good product) to be left in limbo like this is unconscionable!

darlenemcg 04-02-2016 12:54 PM

Bummer

that nobody can get a hold of her. I always had good service but haven't had a need to order from her in awhile. I would think if you went out of business the website would indicate that. Hope she's okay

CherylQuilts 10-17-2016 05:52 AM

I just heard from a friend who has been hoping to get one of her cutters, and she said that the owner is ill. So I hope she will recover. Very sad...great product. Another friend has one, and I love using it. Wish someone else would make one like it - with the light. The light feature is what I especially like about the Genesis. Another friend has a Rotatrim and loves it.

Boss 06-08-2017 08:02 AM

This is a VERY old thread, but I am reviving it because of some info that might be of interest to those of you still looking for a Genesis trimmer.

FYI, There are 2 different Genesis trimmers for a sale on EBay right now. Both are old models (before Bonnie bought the manufacturing rights?), and have 24" beds. One of them is a buy-it-now for $79 plus shipping, the other is a bid item starting at $39 plus shipping (no bidders when I checked). There was a 3rd Genesis available a couple of days ago that was a Bonnie one with a light....it went for $39 plus shipping.

If you are interested in following these items, just put Genesis trimmer in the search bar at EBay and they will pop up if they are still available.

Althea Brown 06-22-2018 09:33 AM

Genesis Paper Trimmer

I was so glad to see all these comments on Bonnie and the Genesis. There has been no response to me for the past 3 years. Last comment was for me to put a wheel in the cart and when it came in they would contact me. Well...many years later and my trimmer is leaving my edges a little too ragged. But i love it for what it is.

This thing cuts a straight line, except when due to operator error.

I sure hope if someone gets an inkling of an answer they will share it with all the rest of us. A straight line is why I bought it in the first place.

So who has a good trimmer for that?

maryalena 06-22-2018 10:01 AM

I bought a Rototrim last month on Amazon. It cuts a very straight line, down to a sliver. It�s made in England and has a five year guarantee. It�s a heavy no frills cutter. I got the smallest one but they have larger ones. It�s important to get the one with the two rails. If you want something that cuts five pieces of cardstock at a time, this is not it but it�s a precision cutter for sure. Here�s a picture of it cutting a sliver off 110 cardstock. Reviews on Amazon were good and people talked about having these still going strong forty years later. The blade is self sharpening. Our FedEx offfice uses these.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...ba32ea204.jpeg

Arizona 06-22-2018 11:49 AM

Rotatrim

I have this same cutter in the 15 in size. It's expensive but worth the money. I've had it for almost 3 years and still love it.

Amazon.com : Rotatrim RC RCM15 15-Inch Cut Professional Paper Cutter/ Trimmer : Printer Cutters : Camera & Photo

maryalena 06-22-2018 01:08 PM

Actually 234. is a better price. It’s only a dollar more than I paid for my 12”. I bought the Rotatrim because I had gone through three failed trimmers, some of them not cheap. I’m in the process of recutting slivers off all the cardsized pieces I screwed up with my last new trimmer. If you take your cardstock to be professionally cut it might not be worth it but I have stopped doing that.

I use my small Fiskars see through wire trimmer for making narrow sentiment strips just because I can eyeball the width and don’t have to stand up. I go through a lot of those little slider blades but it’s held up for three years.

uncbballfan 06-24-2018 06:16 PM

I sold my Genesis and bought a Rotatrim - I LOVE it, and love the fact that I can get a replacement cutting wheel assembly if I need one. I agree with Mary about getting one with dual rails.

maryalena 06-24-2018 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfan (Post 21677250)
I sold my Genesis and bought a Rotatrim - I LOVE it, and love the fact that I can get a replacement cutting wheel assembly if I need one. I agree with Mary about getting one with dual rails.

Yay! So glad you like yours too and think it is worthy after having a Genesis. I�m relieved to finally have a precision trimmer. There are some videos on replacing the blade but from what I�ve heard they go ages before they have to be replaced.

appalachianyeti 07-04-2018 11:31 AM

I’ve tried emailing Bonnie to see about getting a cutting head replacement just in case something would ever happen. Haven’t heard back at all. Very sorry if something has happened to her. I love my Genesis.