Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Flower Soft storage (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/flower-soft-storage-437601/)

kimz1959 05-16-2009 04:25 PM

Flower Soft storage

I have a bunch od Flower Soft colors and am debating if I should store them in the original containers or buy some snap-lock containers so they stay fluffed up? How is everybody storing theirs????

chef2die4 05-16-2009 04:38 PM

I have a big old Mason jar. I put each color of FS in a ziplock baggie, and stuffed them all in the mason jar. Seems to work just fine, as long as I don't sneeze when a Ziploc is open! :mrgreen:

deb_loves_stamping 05-16-2009 04:45 PM

I cant imagine trying to store them in their original container. I fluffed each colour up and store each colour in a separate Ziploc containter ... works perfectly!

NikiE 05-16-2009 06:07 PM

I store mine in the nugget tins. I like them because they don't take up much room. I can stack them on a shelf and it stays ready for use.

katestamps716 05-16-2009 07:14 PM

I store mine in Gladware containers. They stay fluffed up, store nicely and I can see what colors they are!

jackie1 05-16-2009 07:25 PM

I have mine stored in ziploc bags and then I have the bags, glue and wire in a plastic basket I bought from the dollar store. I have the color name on each of the bags and when I use the flower soft I roll the opening down so that I can put the flower soft on the glue and shake off the excess.

craftjunkiesc 05-17-2009 03:48 AM

I picked up some Ball canning/freezing containers at Wal-Mart (5 for $3). They have purple twist on/off lids, hold the larger containers of FS, have an area for labeling and are see-thru. They also snap together for storage.

[email protected] 05-17-2009 04:11 AM

Is there a blog or FAQ somewhere on how to use flower soft? I havn't bought any yet.

Scamper64 05-17-2009 08:52 AM

Here's a little something from the Flower Soft website . . .

http://www.flower-soft.us.com/Video/Video.php

Hope it helps!

kimz1959 05-17-2009 01:04 PM

Thanks ladies, time to re-pack my FS! :D

garkarlon 05-17-2009 04:35 PM

I took mine out of the Flower Soft pots and placed the product in some small Lock & Lock containers that I got at Walmart. They stack on top of each other, and they're big enough that I can apply the flower soft to my project right over the container, catching any loose product so it doesn't get lost!! Hope this helps!

[email protected] 05-18-2009 12:22 PM

Thanks for the url.

Diane Schulte 05-18-2009 12:43 PM

I store mine in those containers that you get at the deli/grocery store when buying salads and such. I try and go green when and where I can.

Seaside Rose 05-20-2009 04:01 PM

Like Diane, we went green a while ago and so I recycle, reuse, and repurpose anything I can. We get take-out from a local restaurant that has very sturdy containers with translucent tops that snap on. I save these and use them for all kinds of things in my studio. They are great for flowersoft and also glitter, sand (I use beach sand like glitter), and the embossing powders and the glitters I use most often.

These aren't "see through", but I made labels for the outside and that works for me. They also stack nicely.

Another trick... I fluff and crumble the flowersoft and then apply it with a plastic spoon, rather than my fingers. It seems to "flake" better that way. When I try to pick it up and sprinkle it with my fingers, it seems to "bunch".

I don't leave spoons in my glitter and EP as it gets all over them and then all over my hands. I have a small old juice glass that I stand them in. I just wipe or rinse after use.

kphorse 05-20-2009 06:19 PM

Karolyn...Alas, another lock-n-lock user! I have then in all sizes and use them for everything!

sprtchick 05-21-2009 09:19 AM

oh..I am so glad I found this thread. I had just purchased several jars of this from
7idscollegefund and I had no idea when you open the jar it grows...I had a thread over on the general forum asking how you store it and ta da...here is a thread. This stuff is awesome....I am going to have to get more. Does anyone know how many colors are presently available?
Thanks.

snowcountry311 05-21-2009 09:21 AM

i have 12 colors!

[email protected] 05-21-2009 12:41 PM

Lock and lock is a favorite of mine also. I store sizzix dies by category in some of them. The little ones are great.