Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Flower Punch? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/flower-punch-121364/)

Kath 02-16-2006 06:59 AM

Flower Punch?

In the gallery, there are several cards displaying what looks like large flowers. The rumor is that there is one punch with three flowers that matches a stamp in the Spring mini. However, it looks like a larger version of the eight/ten petal flower on the cards. Are these being hand cut or is there a larger floral punch? If there is a larger punch, could someone give more details on what that punch is and where it can be purchased? Thank you. Kath

Ksullivan 02-16-2006 07:01 AM

I saw it in my demos spring mini yesterday. It looks like the punch does 3 different flowers and it is $13.95. I need that punch and stamp set, the stamp set is $28.95, I think, kind of pricey, but I think I will get both, they look so cool.

K

mamakimberly 02-16-2006 07:04 AM

the flower punch punches 3 flowers, yes.

Lots of people are also cutting out the larger flower as well, but that is a handcut image, not a punch! :)

Ksullivan 02-16-2006 07:11 AM

And I was so hoping I could escape the Spring Mini without any wants, Oh well.

K

Kath 02-16-2006 07:11 AM

Wow! Thank you. That is alot of hand work to cut the large flowers!!

mamakimberly 02-16-2006 07:12 AM

yeah, if they made a matching punch for the big flower I'd buy it too! :) love the look, hate the work!

Kath 02-16-2006 07:14 AM

Let's hope SU hears of the need and makes a larger punch too! That would give more time for using up the inks and papers!

WebDeb 02-16-2006 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksullivan
And I was so hoping I could escape the Spring Mini without any wants, Oh well.

K

You are so, so wrong!

indyemmert 02-16-2006 07:45 AM

I have cut out the large flower, and it wasn't as bad as I thought. If they made a punch, that would be one big honkin' punch, and I can't imagine how expensive it would be! LOL!

MSBetsyZ 02-16-2006 08:48 AM

I've cut out a lot of those flowers, too....25 at one sitting!...and it's true. It really isn't as bad as it would seem, and I'm one who HATES to cut.

lbirus 02-24-2006 05:30 PM

Are you all serious? Are you sure you guys aren't spilling the beans on a large flower punch that matches that big flower. I can't believe everyone is cutting those puppies out so perfectly! Really????

amysings 02-24-2006 05:45 PM

There is sort of a trick to it. You go around cutting out one side of each petal, then go around the other way cutting the other side of each petal. Then you round off the tops.

I think in lots of the samples you can see how uneven it is. :-) That should convince you there is no larger punch, at least in the Spring Mini. (I got mine on Tuesday, and there are waaaay too many things I want, anyway.)