Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-23-2020, 04:42 PM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts
Default New Quick Trimmer?

Spellbinders (SB) released a new tool called the Foil Quick Trimmer. (It also cuts paper)

I would like to know what people think of it. It sells for abt $15 Looks like something you would use-esp if you DONT have a glimmer machine?

I really like the ability to move the foil around and not dent or scratch it...

Quick Trimmer - What's New at Spellbinders - YouTube
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 06:03 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

There is another thread about this tool on here, but, sorry, can't find it.  The general consensus was that it works great on foil and lighter weight papers but not on card stock.
Maybe a forum search can find more info for you.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 06:53 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,866 Posts

Here is the thread where it was mentioned before:  https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/trimming-sentiment-strips-new-tool-take-635954/

I think it might be worth it for trimming the foil for the glimmer machine.  I have had my machine for several month's but have barely used it as trimming the foil has been a hassle with tiny scissors.  I do have a newer pair of scissors with longer blades, but haven't taken the time to really use the machine in a few months, so my longer blade scissor might be fine.  But the new trimmer looks like a fantastic tool for cutting the foil.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 10:48 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the idea of this! To cut my Minc foil, I am going to try a self healing mat and clear metal edged ruler with an Exacto knife ... hopefully I'll get a similar result without spending more money on yet another tool in my arsenal! �

stamper at ❤

Stamps and dies for sale here

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 01:36 PM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I know that thread. Only Dina spoke about this tool. She was not wild about it. The rest of us were discussing other options regarding sentiment strips. (before I had seen this tool) 

I am more leaning towards it for foil than paper but I dont have a glimmer. So I am trying to decide if it would be good for cutting for foiling with a laminator. I have some manual dexterity issues so I dont cut a straight line by hand. 

I am wondering if there is another way to work with foil and not dent/scratch it. If I use a ruler I can get dents. I dont really want another do-hickey but I do like foil a lot. This thing seems to "ride above" the foil? 
Reply With Quote Likes