Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Fine Detail scissors suggestion (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/fine-detail-scissors-suggestion-483306/)

Barbara Jay 03-09-2010 01:27 PM

Fine Detail scissors suggestion

I need to buy a scissors that will cut very fine details . I am cutting out a Tilda and the scissors I have doesn't have a thin blade and very fine point to get into the tiny sections.
Any Suggestions? And where did you buy it?

Thanks
Barbara

53queenbee 03-09-2010 01:33 PM

I love the Cutter Bee scissors. Also, I have Gingher (now owned by Fiskars) embroidery scissors for very fine detail. But so far the Cutter Bees are working great.

11Valerie11 03-09-2010 01:52 PM

I ditto Linda on the Cutter Bee scissors. They are available lots of places, I've seen them at Target in the craft area, Michaels and JoAnn's, and many stamp/scrap stores - online or brick and mortar.

For fine detail cutting be sure to look for a blade that is pointed all the way to the tip, those that have a slight blunt or angled end will not cut into tight spaces without causing a blip in the cutting.

Barbara Jay 03-09-2010 01:54 PM

Thanks! I will look for Cutter Bees
Wow Fiskars bought Gingher! The companies that have been around for a 100 years are being gobbled up left and right. So sad .

Gingher was the gold standard in scissors .
I have Gingher scissors from at least 35 years ago. They cost a lot when I bought them, but have given me a life time of service. I have then sharpened every few years and they cut like they did when they were new.

La Fonz 03-09-2010 03:15 PM

Don't laugh, but I use Revlon cuticle scissors. I bought 2 pair at Walgreens a few years back when they had a buy one/get one sale. I have a straight edge pair & the curved ones. I like to use the curved ones to cut that little bridge on circle & oval pieces I cut with Coluzzle templates. I don't do a lot of detail cutting so they have held up. If you need some inexpensive ones in a hurry they would do fine. But if you do a lot of detail cutting, a pair with a more comfortable handle & better blade would be a better investment.

Karen99 03-09-2010 03:19 PM

I found my Cutterbees at Walmart!! LOL...Love those things!!

buggainok 03-09-2010 05:11 PM

Another vote for Cutterbees! And remember, your cutting will go more smoothly if you rotate/move the paper you are cutting, not the scissors.:)

crafty1021 03-09-2010 06:49 PM

Gotta say, love my Cutterbees!

cat_woman 03-09-2010 07:45 PM

I have a pair of Henckels mini scissors I got as a gift when I did a lot of sewing and quilting (for snipping those little thread ends). They were quite expensive, but I've had them for 20 years - they work great and still really sharp (haven't had to sharpen them yet).

peebsmama 03-10-2010 02:16 AM

Another vote for CutterBees. They have been one of my best investments. I've had mine for at least 8 years and they are still just as sharp now as they were brand new. And I used them all the time.

jdixon4 07-24-2021 10:30 AM

I'm hoping to get a pair of curved shears to help with shaping. I'm not looking to spend an arm & Japan Scissors a leg on them--but I also don't want to waste my money on cheap quality shears that are going to end up in the trash.

Any suggestions on brands and where to buy them?

Thanks!

wavejumper 07-24-2021 07:32 PM

I have cutterbees too. And the embroidery scissors. They have the tiniest of points and were around the house from mom. I totally agree about no blunt ends.

Mischelle1 07-29-2021 12:24 AM

Yup, I'm on that train for Cutterbee! I've had mine for over 10 years. I use a scissor sharping tool to keep them sharp. As Tony the Tiger says "There're Great!"

fl_beachbum 07-29-2021 04:56 PM

gosh this thread was started YEARS ago. But it's still true- Cutterbees are wonderful detail scissors!
To jdixon4 - not sure about curved shears. Hopefully someone will see this and answer you!