Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-16-2008, 11:40 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enveloper & envelo-boxes

I've been playing around with my new Enveloper & I love it ~~ I like to make the envelo-boxes because my cards are sometimes (ok, almost always) too thick to put in a regular envelope. They have dimensions for a 6X6 envelo-box & a 4X4 ~~~ I need a 5.5X5.5, which is the size card I usually make. Should be simple right?? If I have the dimensions for the other 2, it should be somewhere in the middle. But I can't figure it out ~~ I've tried 3 times & it's just not turning out. It comes out crooked each time. I used a bigger piece of paper, a smaller piece, different lines ~~~ has anyone made one this size & care to share the size info with me??? It doesn't even have to be with the Enveloper, I am capable (although at this point I'm starting to wonder) of measuring & hand-scoring lines.

****sigh**** this should be so simple.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 02:47 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MilwaukeeMommy..........Unfortunately, I don't know how you would do it with the Enveloper. That system is set for certain measurements that they give you the instructions for the envelopes they developed. I found it doesn't leave any variations. Perhaps someone else has devised a way to get around it.

I use the Scor-Pal which allows for anything I want as it has actual ruler measurements for scoring.

Patti
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 05:45 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Can the Enveloper be used for 4-1/4 X 5-1/2 cards? I purchased the Enveloper but have no idea how to make an envelope this size. Anyone have any idea? I have the Scor-Pal, but I've heard so much about the Enveloper I thought I'd give it a try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Im gonna go look at my enveloper, the square envelopes are easy to figure out using the pathagorean theorum, but the rectangular ones that they dont have listed takes work.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 09:28 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

you need an 8 and 3/8 square and use line f i think, it may be line e, which ever one measure about 3 and 1/4 from the corner point. Try that, mathematically speaking it should work, but sometimes putting it into practice, it doesnt.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 05:05 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

scrapamiga........The Enveloper and Crafters Companion are based on European measurements. Therefore for inch measurements it will be off somewhat.

From what I understand of reading the instructions on mine, to make the envelope that would be for an A2 card (4.25x5.50) the envelope comes out a tad too large. The card has movement inside the envelope which it should not have.

I do like both the purple boards, but find I don't use them anymore since they are based on the European measurements. Also they are only designed for certain measurements of making items or score lines for folding.

That's why I purchased the Scor-Pal. That is marked by inches, so you can make anything you want with no problem. (it also has score lines inbetween for increments)

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 07:33 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

If you play around with it enough (with SCRAP paper, lol) you can figure it out. I asked a friend & she gave me the paper measurements & the score lines to use for the 5.5" square I was looking for...

I do hope to get a Scor-Pal someday.....sigh.....it's on the wish list..... I got the enveloper for such a good price I couldn't pass it up ~~ & I do like it. It's very easy & fast, once you get used to it. Love the envelo-boxes!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks ladies for your help! I'll play around with some scraps till I get it down pat!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 08:42 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapamigaView Post
Can the Enveloper be used for 4-1/4 X 5-1/2 cards? I purchased the Enveloper but have no idea how to make an envelope this size. Anyone have any idea? I have the Scor-Pal, but I've heard so much about the Enveloper I thought I'd give it a try.
Yes, I've made envelopes for this size card with the enveloper. I had to change the measurements a little (start with an 8" square of paper instead of 8 1/4"), but otherwise yes, it can be done. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 09:06 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilwaukeeMommyView Post
I've been playing around with my new Enveloper & I love it ~~ I like to make the envelo-boxes because my cards are sometimes (ok, almost always) too thick to put in a regular envelope. They have dimensions for a 6X6 envelo-box & a 4X4 ~~~ I need a 5.5X5.5, which is the size card I usually make. Should be simple right?? If I have the dimensions for the other 2, it should be somewhere in the middle. But I can't figure it out ~~ I've tried 3 times & it's just not turning out. It comes out crooked each time. I used a bigger piece of paper, a smaller piece, different lines ~~~ has anyone made one this size & care to share the size info with me??? It doesn't even have to be with the Enveloper, I am capable (although at this point I'm starting to wonder) of measuring & hand-scoring lines.

****sigh**** this should be so simple.......
I think I might have gotten it! Try a 9 1/8" square, double scored on the F lines. It should work (with a little wiggle room). HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2008, 05:37 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks everyone ~~ a friend emailed me (she's used the enveloper forever, I knew she'd know, lol) & I ended up using a 9.25" square, then scoring on the F lines. Thanks for helping me figure it out!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes