Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Enabler Alert - Sew Mini! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/enabler-alert-sew-mini-314055/)

Itsapassion 01-10-2008 06:10 AM

Enabler Alert - Sew Mini!

The Janome "Sew Mini" is back on sale for $39.99! I watched a friend use hers to sew on her paper crafting projects and it was so convenient and easy!! I love the zig-zag stitch on cards!

Hancock Fabricks Website

I have now maxed out my Christmas Gift Card from hubby!! But this was worth the wait!! :D

tay0479 01-10-2008 10:33 AM

I have been wanting one of these to try sewing on my cards. Haven't done that trend yet, but wanting to. Thanks for sharing.

Jill

Acceber 01-10-2008 12:31 PM

Its a great little machine!

wendalyn 01-10-2008 01:41 PM

I have one and absolutely love it. I keep it on the back of my desk and when i want to use it then its right there. Very convenient

NY2TX_Patti 01-10-2008 06:24 PM

If you use coupon code MTNFAW from Jan 11-14th, you can also save 10% on your entire order at Hancock Fabrics.

AddictedtoStamps 01-12-2008 07:14 AM

Ive read to be sure and order the Janome bobbins as regular bobbins won't fit

pegg 01-12-2008 08:48 AM

For those who have this machine -- can you use it to sew simple pillows, hems, etc? Or is it best just for paper projects? Thanks!

Acceber 01-12-2008 12:43 PM

Oh you can definitely use it for 'real' sewing. It is a real sewing machine in all aspects, just smaller. I designate one needle for fabric and one for paper though, because paper does dull the point faster.

stampinmarni 01-12-2008 05:21 PM

i just got the hello kitty one from target on sale for 49.98. it is a bit larger and probably heavier than the sew mini. it also does more (more stitches etc.) by the time i bumped up my order to 50 to get free shipping at hancock, i figured i might as well just get this one. has anyone used it and do you have any reviews? janome sew pretty sew perfect hello kitty sewing machine...

Lovetostamp6 01-12-2008 08:04 PM

I just got this machine for my Birthday and I LOVE it. Here is a card I did today using this little mini machine.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&what=keywords

stampinmarni 01-12-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gale (Post 8331757)
I got a hello kitty one too but I thought it was exactly the same as the sew mini. It has 4 straight stitches and 3 zig zags. I saw one at target that was different and it did not have a drop in bobbin. I'm picky about the bobbin-I won't buy one without a drop-in. The machine I bought is online only and is still showing as $59.99 (and is now OOS) so I'm curious which machine you got because the only other one they show online is $99 (and says online only so I'm curious what the one is that I saw at the store). Did you get some killer deal in the store or something?

gale - i did get a killer deal! it was the greenish $99 machine marked down to $49, which is why i took the plunge initially today. then i came home to compare it all, and i am scared to open the box to keep it!

it is a bit bigger than the sew mini everyone here is writing about. and i don't think it only weighs 5 pounds, but i also don't think i'll be packing it along for any stamping outings anyway, so i don't really need the light weight. i am just hoping it will do what i want. i can barely remember how to sew, and i can't tell from the outside of the box about the bobbin thing, and i hope that won't be a big problem! and and and...

i have an old full size machine that was my mom's, but this looks so much smaller and simpler. and my 9 year old wants to learn to sew, so even if i don't end up using it for cards, maybe she can use it to start learning. see how i am talking myself into keeping it already??!!! besides... it's so cute and i am still a sucker for hello kitty after all these years. i remember saving up my money to buy a hello kitty colored pencil set in my youth...

i am enabling myself here, without any actual reviews from any of you!!!!