Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Which Embossing Powders? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/embossing-powders-290925/)

PaperBouquet 10-04-2007 07:05 AM

Which Embossing Powders?

Okay, I was thinking last night about what I would pick if I could only have 3 colours of embossing powder. When I use embossing powder, its fairly minimal, so for starters I'd probably go for something basic and necessary like black. For my second colour, I always love a bit of metallic accent so I'd pick an antique gold. And for my third I'd go with a forest green, since I like foliage in my art.
What three colours would you pick? Just wondering. : )

Olivia

AZMom 10-04-2007 07:10 AM

I'd choose detail black, clear, and a metalic silver for my 3 EPs.

LateBlossom 10-04-2007 07:14 AM

Black, clear, and gold.

nannersmom 10-04-2007 08:29 AM

Clear, white and silver. Black and gold, too. Well, that's more than 3. Why limit yourself! The accessories will multiply overnight. Especially Stickles, glitter and liquid appplique. Then the punches....
Have fun. Seriously, buy what you think you will use the most. :-)
Stacy

godchick 10-04-2007 08:50 AM

Silver, gold and white.

Kiko 10-04-2007 09:12 AM

I really love the copper EP.

Skilo 10-04-2007 09:25 AM

White, clear and black would be my choices

good luck with deciding!! there are so many choices out there isn't there~!

PaperBouquet 10-04-2007 09:58 AM

Actually, I already have a rather large collection of embossing powders, I was just wondering what if one could only select 3 colours. Kind of like that question "if you were alone in the wilderness for a week and could only have 5 things". I just wanted to see what others would pick, simply curiosity. : )

Olivia

mastamper 10-04-2007 10:04 AM

Clear, Gold and Silver
With my craft ink spots and white and black pads, I could always stamp with any color craft ink and emboss with clear for embossing in any color.

foodsgal 10-04-2007 10:29 AM

I am with everyone, I would pick clear, gold and silver for the embossing powders.

BA 10-04-2007 11:02 AM

I have several too, but I usually pull out detail white, detail clear, and detail black!

Now that Stampin' Up! has discontinued their detail embossing powders, which brand do you all like and where do you purchase it?

Suzy_H 10-04-2007 11:04 AM

I see such a huge difference with detail vs regular EPs that I will only buy detail from now on. Worse comes to worse I can use versamark and ink to color.

my choice would be black white and clear

LoriBerry 10-04-2007 01:51 PM

Clear, Gold, and Silver. (I also have copper, which I haven't used yet, WW and VV, which I didn't feel worked great, and I've got a metallic purple and a metallic blue, that I'm going to try out.) But definitely Clear, Gold, and Silver.

nestof3 10-04-2007 07:12 PM

Where do you buy ""detail" embossing powders?

peggysue 10-04-2007 07:17 PM

Clear, Irridescent Ice and Gold, those are the colors I reach for the most, actually two of them aren't really 'colors' but they alter the stamped color underneath, which is why I like them. I actually don't own black EP, if I want that color I stamp using black craft ink and use clear on top.

Kiko 10-04-2007 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiko (Post 7370338)
I really love the copper EP.

Oops. I didn't name three to answer your question. I would also have to add gold and silver if I had to pick only three. I have the soft subtle EPs but haven't used them yet.

meluvstampin 10-05-2007 03:44 AM

My most used ones for this time of the year are Puffy White, Detail Black, Detail Clear and Chameleon. Now for Thanksgiving cards they will be SU Earth tones and Detail Clear . For christmas they will be Detail Clear, Kaliedascope, Adirondek's Cranberry and Moss. I really think it all depends on the season. I love using EP on my cards. I have 31 jars of EP that I bought over the last year. For spring I will be using my pastel colors and so on. It is really hard for me to just pick 3 so I picked 4 as I always use my deatail Clear EP.

PaperBouquet 10-05-2007 05:04 AM

Detail EP

Here are a couple of sites I found for detail embossing powder:

http://www.stampin.com/online/accs/embacc.htm#detail

http://marcopaper.com/embossingjudikins.htm
http://www.scrapperdoodle.com/servle...ing/Categories

Thanks to everyone who's replying! :)
Olivia

Topaz_n29 10-05-2007 05:18 AM

MIne are..pewter,snowflake, gold, and many others..lol.
I have a question about the black.. i have been wanting to use it on a lamp-post for a xmas card..no matter how many times i run my EB over it and tap off the excess..i can't get rid of the black smudges it still leaves..it's so upsetting as the lamp-post looks awesome with the black EP..any hints?? thanks ahead for any replies..loves ya

PaperBouquet 10-05-2007 06:45 AM

Smudge Problem

Gail,

I'm not sure what 'EB' stands for.:confused:
Maybe you have too much ink on the stamp? When I have "smudge problems" I usually go through with a fine-tip paintbrush and remove it. The shorter the strands (for lack of a better term) on the brush, the more control you have.
Hope this helps. : )

Olivia

vronica 10-05-2007 09:16 AM

Blonde Moments

I recently started using Blonde Moments embossing powder............and I LOVE it!!
It works perfectly and all those colors are YUMMIE.......really nice to add a different touch to your cards etc..
Vronica;)

Kiko 10-05-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topaz_n29 (Post 7377466)
MIne are..pewter,snowflake, gold, and many others..lol.
I have a question about the black.. i have been wanting to use it on a lamp-post for a xmas card..no matter how many times i run my EB over it and tap off the excess..i can't get rid of the black smudges it still leaves..it's so upsetting as the lamp-post looks awesome with the black EP..any hints?? thanks ahead for any replies..loves ya

[EB=Embossing Buddy] I get frustrated with black EP for the same reason. There always seems to be flecks of it where it shouldn't be after I heat set it. Have you tried using black pigment ink, then using clear EP over it? Any stray EP wouldn't show as much.

PaperBouquet 10-07-2007 03:40 PM

Thanks, Kiko. I've never heard of the Embossing Buddy before, will have to look into it. : )

Olivia

meluvstampin 10-08-2007 03:35 AM

You can buy the Embossing Buddy at Michael's, Joannes and SU sells them also. I use one as well and they work pretty good.