Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Which embossing machine for the new PTI dies (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/embossing-machine-new-pti-dies-490748/)

Katyushka 05-10-2010 06:13 PM

Which embossing machine for the new PTI dies

I love the new PTI embossing plates.

I don't currently own an embossing machine.

Which machine works the best for die cuts/embossing at a decent price?

(Is anyone else in love with the cloud dies and the new sunshine impression plate or what?!?!?!?!?)

TIA.

Ally

katestamps716 05-10-2010 08:33 PM

You can use any machine. Cuttlebug is probably your cheapest option if you've got a box store nearby that you can use a coupon with.

princessmeshelle 05-10-2010 09:19 PM

I Love my Big Shot!

kkaisu 05-10-2010 09:42 PM

The Big Shot and Cuttlebug do the same thing and all brands of dies/folders work in both machines. The main difference is the size - the Cuttlebug folds up a bit smaller so takes less room Some people prefer the Big Shot because it is bigger and seems more sturdy. I have used both and that is the only difference I could find. I own a Cuttlebug because it was smaller and less expensive than a Big Shot - I love it! If you have a chance to try them both - do so and decide which "feels" right, because they both work on all the same materials, dies and embossing folders.

Michellena317 05-11-2010 06:04 AM

Ugh why did I go and look on Nichole's blog... I want one of everything now.

I use my Bigshot with the PTI dies and they cut like butter. I had a cuttlebug but I sold it when I got the Bigshot...it just works better for me bc of the bigger size. I like cutting the 12" border strips and alphabet strips (don't need to buy alphabet stickers can just make my own)... Curses! The Budget is foiled again!

Now I want all the new PTI dies- Filable Frames 4, clouds, hot air ballons, eyelet lace border, the A2 envelope liner die( love this one)...in addition to the one I was already planning on getting- the Enjoy the Ride die.

sprtchick 05-11-2010 08:51 AM

I too love Papertrey...they have some amazing things. Always something fresh and new...My list is growing for the new releases on 5/15!
blessings.

smaverick1 05-11-2010 11:53 AM

I also use the PTI dies in the Big Shot. Never tried the Cuttlebug, but the BS can die cut two layers of patterned paper which I love. And that's using all dies including the thin PTI dies.

There's also a wider range of dies that can be used in the BS. It does cost more, but I see it as an investment. Who's to say that in 3 months or 2 years, I won't want to cut 12" borders or those funky box thingies that SU has in their catalogue. If you go for the Big Shot, order it from SU. At least you can get hostess benefits which will pay for your first die.

stigmom6 05-11-2010 02:13 PM

Does anyone use the Spellbinders Wizard? I plan on ordering a couple of the PTI dies after the next release but want to be sure they work with the Wizard!!

BadSherry 05-11-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stigmom6 (Post 16667099)
Does anyone use the Spellbinders Wizard? I plan on ordering a couple of the PTI dies after the next release but want to be sure they work with the Wizard!!

The Wizard works with all dies. Here's a link to the videos on their site that show how to use all the dies with the Wizard:

http://www.spellbinderspaperarts.com/videos

lesarapp 05-11-2010 05:59 PM

I use my wizard with them and they cut perfectly. I owned a cuttlebug first and have to say I love the results of the Wizard more than my cuttlebug and I loved my bug. The Wizard is amazing. :)

Beaglelover 05-11-2010 06:12 PM

Cuttlebug.....

.... all the way baby! You will never regret it.

Beaglelover

nenimlasj 05-11-2010 07:15 PM

I am gonna jump in here and say I have a cuttlebug and use it alot. Even use the bigz xl sizzix dies with the xl plates but I had my DH cut off a 1/8 of an inch on the long side. cause they wouldn't fit before. but I love it! I have used the pti dies too, and they cut beautiful even the felt. HTH

NikiM 05-12-2010 11:33 AM

Big Shot - sturdier, love the handle and you can get a multi purpose platform that has pictures on it so you do not have to remember how to sandwich each type of die or embossing folder

kimz1959 05-12-2010 12:06 PM

another c-bug owner...LOVE that machine!

sprtchick 05-12-2010 02:14 PM

I have BS and CB and use them both...
blessings.

CathyC 05-13-2010 05:30 AM

You should be able to use any machine that will cut wafer thin dies. Since PTI dies are not embossing dies you don't have to worry that your machine of choice will have enough pressure to give you a crisp deep emboss.

Cathy