Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-02-2021, 03:36 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 93 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Double-sided tape source

Hi Stampers,
Recently someone on splitcoast linked to a blogger on youtube, biblescraps. She is enjoyable to watch and today I came across a video where she talked about a source for double-sided tape that she’s been super happy with, so I thought I’d share the link here: Double Tape Roll-https://amzn.to/3pDFRAa
I apologize in advance if this has already been posted! It comes in a bunch of different widths and she says it is as strong as the tape sold by the name brand companies that we’re familiar with, but at a much lower price. I just learned about this so haven’t compared prices yet. Hope this helps someone!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2021, 03:52 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

this is great info - thank you for posting. Even if it has been listed previously, it always helps someone out to find a 'recent' post. I love SCS forums, but so many times I see a post and then lose it and can't find it again.....

Happy Crafting...
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
bzzzeee (08-02-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 04:18 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac4551View Post
this is great info - thank you for posting. Even if it has been listed previously, it always helps someone out to find a 'recent' post. I love SCS forums, but so many times I see a post and then lose it and can't find it again.....

Happy Crafting...
You’re welcome! I love SCS and learn so much here. I’m hoping to return the favor! I just did a quick comparison with another site. The link I posted has a 5” roll/54.67 yards for $24.99, and a stamping site has a 4” roll/27 yards for $32.99. I’ve seen some cool techniques lately using double-sided tape and glitter with big dies, so I’d love a wide roll (I think the biggest is 11”). I like using the wider tape for big die cut words, too.

Last edited by bzzzeee; 08-02-2021 at 04:31 AM.. Reason: Added info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2021, 05:06 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzzzeeeView Post
Hi Stampers,
Recently someone on splitcoast linked to a blogger on youtube, biblescraps. She is enjoyable to watch and today I came across a video where she talked about a source for double-sided tape that she’s been super happy with, so I thought I’d share the link here: Double Tape Roll-https://amzn.to/3pDFRAa
I apologize in advance if this has already been posted! It comes in a bunch of different widths and she says it is as strong as the tape sold by the name brand companies that we’re familiar with, but at a much lower price. I just learned about this so haven’t compared prices yet. Hope this helps someone!
Your link takes me to a page that says that I'm leaving YouTube. The URL for the link when I hover over it also points to YouTube.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2021, 05:08 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Hi Stampers,
Your link takes me to a page that says that I'm leaving YouTube. The URL for the link when I hover over it also points to YouTube. Are you able to post the direct link to Amazon? I don't use shared re-directs. Thanks for sharing the info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2021, 05:49 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
Your link takes me to a page that says that I'm leaving YouTube. The URL for the link when I hover over it also points to YouTube. Are you able to post the direct link to Amazon? I don't use shared re-directs. Thanks for sharing the info!
Oh no! Sorry about that! When I click the link or hover over it I do get the amazon page for the tape. Hope this works:

AJ Sign World Best 11" Ultra-Thin Permanent Double-Sided Tape for Arts, Crafts, Die Cutting, Photography, Scrapbooking, Tear-by-Hand, Paper Backing, Documents, All Purpose (11-Inch by 55 Yards)

Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RV6QR89...JGXVA5EY5NPR10

Last edited by bzzzeee; 08-02-2021 at 05:51 AM.. Reason: Added info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2021, 09:26 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

just marked it for future reference..thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
bzzzeee (08-02-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 10:39 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I was the one that posted biblescraps. I am glad you are enjoying her videos. She is a real doll and one of my favorites.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2021, 03:09 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
I was the one that posted biblescraps. I am glad you are enjoying her videos. She is a real doll and one of my favorites.
Thank you! I could not recall which video I watched first but I definitely went down the rabbit hole after you mentioned her videos! I agree, she is fun to watch and very relatable. I like her enthusiasm and she shares great tips!
Reply With Quote Likes
lylacfey (08-04-2021)
Old 08-03-2021, 09:38 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

I too ama happy user.
Quote:

Hi Stampers,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2021, 10:01 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by browprView Post
I too ama happy user.
That’s great to know! I should have mentioned earlier that there are savings on all the sizes, from the 1/4” on up. I use various sizes depending on the project. The wide roll will come in so handy for mini albums, and the smaller sizes for die cuts. I use the double-sided tape more often than tape runners now, so the savings will add up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2021, 10:44 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I think the application tool might be specific for that tape. They don't call it ATG tape, it has a paper backing, and if you can tear it by hand it is very different from what we have been using with the red or pink ATG applicator. Just Sayin', because I'm still looking for the 3M ATG #918 replacement that's not good anymore though maybe Amazon still carries it.

If you scroll down from that, you will come to Purple easy-release tape by Termo-web. It's so easy to release, it doesn't stick long enough to be useful.
Can you recommend a good easy-release tape for holding dies straight on a cutting plate?

Last edited by Bahb; 08-03-2021 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2021, 11:54 AM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default That is big tape!

My wife likes to use the small rolls of Scotch brand that she gets from Sam's club. How often would she need something that big?

Jim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2021, 01:06 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 243 Likes on 129 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahbView Post
...If you scroll down from that, you will come to Purple easy-release tape by Termo-web. It's so easy to release, it doesn't stick long enough to be useful.
Can you recommend a good easy-release tape for holding dies straight on a cutting plate?
I use the purple tape you mentioned for holding dies in place. Formerly I used it for holding stencils in place until I found Pixie spray.
I also use washi tape for holding dies in place. And I do have plenty! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2021, 02:53 PM   #15  
Cardstock Collector

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been referred to this AJ Tape before by a friend in the US (I'm in Australia). Unfortunately, the 5" wide one is $34.77AUD plus $33.06AUD for postage so $67.83AUD. I use the Stylus brand here in Australia and it's the best and strongest you can use down here. For a wider one, Couture Creations do a 4" wide one for around $20. This info is for any Aussies amongst the group. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
bzzzeee (08-03-2021)
Old 08-04-2021, 06:27 AM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutterspeedblogView Post
My wife likes to use the small rolls of Scotch brand that she gets from Sam's club. How often would she need something that big?

Jim
Hi Jim.
It sounds like the tape your wife uses is working for her! She probably would not use the wide tape unless some project calls for covering a large surface. The tear tape on amazon does come in many widths, for anyone who might be interested, from 1/4” on up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2021, 07:00 AM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2021, 09:32 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dear Bzzzeee,

How KIND and very THOUGHTFUL of you to share this information with all of us, thank you! It's information that I will use. I'm in Canada, and especially with the closed borders, it makes getting some supplies more complicated, as we cannot just drive to the US (I live within an hour from the US border), where I would sometimes go across and pick up a couple of parcels of product that was either much cheaper or usually unavailable here. Amazon is a great source as well for some inexpensive white cardstock shared originally by Jennifer McGuire and I have tried it. I mainly use it for die-cutting rather than stamping on it, as it's not as smooth as more specialty cardstock, but since I love die-cutting, it's been a wonderful find for me. Likely most people have heard of it, but I wanted to share it. I've bought it in both heavyweight 120 pound and layering weight 80 pound. It's available on Amazon Canada where I bought it as well as Amazon.com.

Here's a link for the Accent Opaque White cardstock paper 120 pound-- https://www.amazon.com/Accent-188179...s%2C191&sr=8-2

Here's the link to Amazon US for the same paper in 80 pound weight-- https://www.amazon.com/Accent-Opaque...s%2C191&sr=8-3

If you live in Canada, best to check Amazon.ca first, but I have ordered from the US site and had the items shipped to me in Canada. I hope that this helps. This is GREAT paper for cutting multiple pieces of a die-cut to add weight and stability under the main die-cut as Jennifer McGuire has taught many of us to do!

Blessings,

Joanne
Reply With Quote Likes
bzzzeee (08-05-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 05:33 PM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by 905lovestostampView Post
Dear Bzzzeee,

How KIND and very THOUGHTFUL of you to share this information with all of us, thank you! It's information that I will use. I'm in Canada, and especially with the closed borders, it makes getting some supplies more complicated, as we cannot just drive to the US (I live within an hour from the US border), where I would sometimes go across and pick up a couple of parcels of product that was either much cheaper or usually unavailable here. Amazon is a great source as well for some inexpensive white cardstock shared originally by Jennifer McGuire and I have tried it. I mainly use it for die-cutting rather than stamping on it, as it's not as smooth as more specialty cardstock, but since I love die-cutting, it's been a wonderful find for me. Likely most people have heard of it, but I wanted to share it. I've bought it in both heavyweight 120 pound and layering weight 80 pound. It's available on Amazon Canada where I bought it as well as Amazon.com.

Here's a link for the Accent Opaque White cardstock paper 120 pound-- https://www.amazon.com/Accent-188179...s%2C191&sr=8-2

Here's the link to Amazon US for the same paper in 80 pound weight-- https://www.amazon.com/Accent-Opaque...s%2C191&sr=8-3

If you live in Canada, best to check Amazon.ca first, but I have ordered from the US site and had the items shipped to me in Canada. I hope that this helps. This is GREAT paper for cutting multiple pieces of a die-cut to add weight and stability under the main die-cut as Jennifer McGuire has taught many of us to do!

Blessings,

Joanne
Hi Joanne, Thank you for this great info! I know exactly what you mean by layering the die cuts with white card stock to build them up. I saved your suggestion in my amazon cart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2021, 05:11 AM   #20  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.papermart.com/p/paper-ma...caAsK2EALw_wcB

Paper Mart offers double sided tape at the best price I've seen. 210 yds for $8.22.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2021, 05:21 AM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by irie93View Post
https://www.papermart.com/p/paper-ma...caAsK2EALw_wcB

Paper Mart offers double sided tape at the best price I've seen. 210 yds for $8.22.
That’s a great price for 1/2” tape, but shipping to my zip code is $8.44! Do you buy other supplies from them to maybe mitigate the shipping cost? Looks like they carry a lot of great supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2021, 05:29 AM   #22  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Bzzzeee, yes I do purchase other items. I looked at my last invoice in which I purchased washi tape and mini tassels and white self seal stay flat mailers. My invoice total was $28.79. I selected econo-shipping by USPS and there was no shipping charge. Not sure why??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2021, 05:32 AM   #23  
Embossing Fanatic

And BibleScraps is absolutely fantastic!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2021, 09:07 AM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by irie93View Post
Hi Bzzzeee, yes I do purchase other items. I looked at my last invoice in which I purchased washi tape and mini tassels and white self seal stay flat mailers. My invoice total was $28.79. I selected econo-shipping by USPS and there was no shipping charge. Not sure why??
Wow, that’s great! Maybe you reached a minimum for free shipping. They have a lot of nice products on the site. I’m going to see if I missed a shipping discount. Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
irie93 (08-06-2021)
Old 08-17-2021, 11:54 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahbView Post
I think the application tool might be specific for that tape. They don't call it ATG tape, it has a paper backing, and if you can tear it by hand it is very different from what we have been using with the red or pink ATG applicator. Just Sayin', because I'm still looking for the 3M ATG #918 replacement that's not good anymore though maybe Amazon still carries it.

If you scroll down from that, you will come to Purple easy-release tape by Termo-web. It's so easy to release, it doesn't stick long enough to be useful.
Bahb - have you tried the mint tape from Scrapbook.com? https://www.scrapbook.com/store/sbc-...ml?w=mint+tape It's their house brand; they run it on sale fairly often. Super easy to tear and also works for masking - it feels like paper, but it works really well for holding down dies. I was cutting tag dies and cut about 150 of the same die one night, and never had to change the mint tape on the die - just moved it from the cut piece to the next uncut piece. I was pretty surprised at how well it worked - and it was easy to remove from the cardstock without tearing or leaving sticky stuff behind. Amazing stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes