Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-27-2006, 08:26 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone own a BigKick?

I just broke my Sizzix and I want to replace it, but I won't replace it with the original machine if I can find out a little more about the BigKick.

As I understand it, it's more versatile than the original Sizzix, right? Will it cut the Sizzlits, or do I still need my little machine for that?

Basically what I want to know is should I get the BigKick or save some money and just replace the ole Sizzix?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 02:06 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

My Big Shot just arrived yesterday. It's the same thing as the Big Kick - just from Ellison.

With the Sizzix Multipurpose Platform and the Texturizz Starter Kit, you can use either the Big Shot or the Big Kick with any of the Sizzix big dies, Simple Impressions embossing folders, Sizzlets, Ellison Thick Cuts and Thin Cuts, QuicKutz dies, QuicKutz Revolution dies, Fiskars embossing plates, all brass stencils, Cuttlebug dies (either size) and Cuttlebug embossing folders.

With all that versatility, I'd go for the Big Kick (or Big Shot) instead of replacing the Sizzix machine.

Just FYI - the best price I found on this type of machine was from Costco. That's why I got the Big Shot. I bought it without a membership and paid an additional 5%. With shippping, I think my total cost was about $75. I purchased the Platform and Texturizz Starter Kit directly from Sizzix but I think Joann.com carries them, too.

Pat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 02:28 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

You might want to check out the Cuttlebug as well. Here's a mondo thread:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=197907
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 06:38 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi!
I would purchase either the Big Kick which Sizzix has a promotional price with extra stuff right now. Or one of the newer machines with the larger platform to work with the newer larger dies on the market. Whem my Sizzix goes that's what'll I'll do. Good Luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 07:08 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Pat, you mentioned you ordered the Big Shot. Where did you purchase it from, and how much did you have to give for it? I have a $40 gift card to Michael's, but not sure I can order it online, and use their 50% off coupon, and my gift card!! Oh yeah....did I mention I want it all???? Hahaha. Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 07:09 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Ooopppssss, sorry Pat, if I had taken the time to read your full post, I wouldn't have had to ask you that question.....yeah, did I mention I'm also BLONDE??????????? Hahahaha. Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 07:26 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

I'm impatiently awaiting the arrival of the Big Kick in the UK - we won't get it until early 2007.

I've personally chosen to wait for the Big Kick machine rather than getting a Big Shot - because Sizzix have bought out new 'Bigz' dies which are only compatible with the Big Kick. I want to have the most choice available LOL! Also, the Big Kick comes with a multi purpose platform.

I love the look of the Cuttlebug machine though - so cute! I already have a Sizzix Sidekick machine and I am using the 2"x2" Cuttlebug dies in that. I love the look of the Cuttlebug embossing folders - they are fab! I know people are using those in their original Sizzix and BS machines so I'm confident they will work in the BK.

Good luck and happy crafting with whatever machine you choose!
Reply With Quote Likes