Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-20-2008, 05:53 AM   #241  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by najahleiForums at Splitcoaststampers
I just ordered one. When I get it I'll do a little review. Until then, they have a demonstration video on craft tv...
Can you post a link to the video?

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #242  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Rite Stamping Video

Hi Jami,

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post the link...but here goes:

http://sbl.tvweekly.com/player.php?f...fae1e9ea7z1367

Copy and paste the link into your browser.

And by the way, I ordered the kit on Monday and got it today! Had I known I'd have gotten it so fast I would have gone to buy my lamp! Now I have to wait until tomorrow to get it...I will test it out as soon as I get my lamp!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamiForums at Splitcoaststampers
Can you post a link to the video?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 04:14 PM   #243  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Just Rite Stamping HOme Kit

ok, so I just read over my last post and decided that it made absolutley no sense...stamping frenzy..

What I meant to get across was that I was expecting to wait at least a week b4 the stamp at home kit was delivered so I didn't rush out to get my lamp. However, it shipped on Tuesday and I got it in two days--so I don't have a lamp right now to test it out...I will go get my lamp during my lunch break tomorrow and post my results as soon as I'm done testing it out.
There.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 05:12 PM   #244  
Forum Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks so much for posting the video to Just Right Stamp kit - fabulous video! I'm excited again about the thought of making my own stamps! After reading about all the frustration and messing around with the StampCritter, I decided it wasn't for me. This video gives me hope that there is a product out there that might work for me!

I will be looking forward to comments on this Just Right stamp kiet so it can be compared to the perfomance of the Stamp Critter.

Again, thanks for keeping us informed about what's available in the market!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #245  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossForums at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks so much for posting the video to Just Right Stamp kit - fabulous video! I'm excited again about the thought of making my own stamps! After reading about all the frustration and messing around with the StampCritter, I decided it wasn't for me. This video gives me hope that there is a product out there that might work for me!

I will be looking forward to comments on this Just Right stamp kiet so it can be compared to the perfomance of the Stamp Critter.

Again, thanks for keeping us informed about what's available in the market!
Hiya Boss!
No problem! I am really excited and I have a good feeling about this set--after watching the video I was sold! Well-- I take that back--I saw a review on a TAC angel's blog and though the first few tries were unsuccessful, the one that worked came out great! after that I did a little research on the company and decided to give it a shot...ok I'll stop talkng about it now before I jinx myself! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 06:11 AM   #246  
Matboard Maniac

I mentioned I returned my Stamp Critter. Wanted to update you that Tim received it and is issuing a refund and has been very patient with me!!lol!!

I did not want to discourage anybody from trying the Stamp Critter. I am sometimes quite impatient and I was not willing to keep trying to get it to work. Kim is obviously a patient person. She says it wroks good for her!

As a new small business, I think the Stamp Critter will be constantly making improvements and can only get better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 07:15 AM   #247  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellrickForums at Splitcoaststampers
I mentioned I returned my Stamp Critter. Wanted to update you that Tim received it and is issuing a refund and has been very patient with me!!lol!!

I did not want to discourage anybody from trying the Stamp Critter. I am sometimes quite impatient and I was not willing to keep trying to get it to work. Kim is obviously a patient person. She says it wroks good for her!

As a new small business, I think the Stamp Critter will be constantly making improvements and can only get better.
Don't feel like you've discouraged people by your comments - you merely pointed out your frustrations with the products, which is what product review is all about! I, for one, appreciate honesty when someone is telling me about their experiences with a new product. From that I can decide whether I am apt to have the same reaction or not.

Remember, it is feedback by users that helps a manufacturer figure out what changes may need to be made to make their product more user friendly. Typically this is done BEFORE a product is offered for sale to the general public, I think it's called beta testing. I, too, believe that Stamp Critter will be making improvements to their product - but I would caution them to also be aware of their pricing. Every improvement does not justify a price increase - people will be cautious to buy a product that is constantly being changed, never knowing if they have the newest and the best that is available. Just my two cents on the subject!

I'm glad that you had a good experience with your Stamp Critter return, that says a lot for the integrity of the company!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 09:53 AM   #248  
Cardstock Collector

Default ordering problems

I ordered my stamp critter 15 Jan, and got a confirmation email my ePayment went through on 18 Jan. I emailed on Monday, 18 Feb and got a response on 19 Feb, saying my machine will e shipped friday (today) or monday and that I'd get an email.

I actually ordered the stupid thing twice and they cancelled my AMazon order without explaination. Amazon ordering is the same as ordering through Stamp Critter, its the same guys. Amazon emailed me after 10 days, to contact the seller for feedback.

Once I get mine I will make a video with sound including grunts and beeps.

I bought a couple of different size acrylic photo frame boxes (5 x 7 x 1 and 8 x 10 x 1), the depth was perfect. I'll let you know how things go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 10:04 AM   #249  
Cardstock Collector

Oh I thought I'd mention that I'm not going to use the stamps for cards or scrapbook pages. I needlepoint and hand embroider. I want to make my own designs and tried stencils (too much work). I often just draw on the canvas or cloth. Some times using tracing paper works. But I want to use the stamp critter like a silk screening process, for making my designs onto canvas with fabric paint. I found a site that recommended using silk screening, or just directly painting on the canvas with a brush. I have ten+ different designs all ready and waiting for the machine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 08:34 AM   #250  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Justrite stamping at home kit

I give this bad boy two big fat thumbs UP!
It works like a charm! The instructions are similar to the stamp critter, but to me this system is a bit simpler. It works exactly as it does in the video. I am not very good at reviewing so I attached my second and third attempts at making the stamps--the first attempt didn't some out very well b/c I used my own vellum as opposed to the paper that came with the kit. As a matter of fact, I ddn't even check to see how it came out--I just looked at it, didn't see a deep impression so I threw it out. But I learned that until you open the packet you won't really see the impression so maybe I'll fish it out of the garbage and see what happens. Please post or pm me with any questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone have a "Stampcritter"? *merged*-justrite-stamp-home-kit-001.jpg   Does anyone have a "Stampcritter"? *merged*-misc-cards-1st-day-school-07-1st-grade-047.jpg  

Last edited by najahlei; 02-23-2008 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: 1st attachment blurry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 08:42 AM   #251  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

It works like a charm! The instructions are similar to the stamp critter, but to me this system is a bit simpler. It works exactly as it does in the video. I am not very good at reviewing so I attached my second and third attempts at making the stamps--the first attempt didn't some out very well b/c I used my own vellum as opposed to the paper that came with the kit. As a matter of fact, I ddn't even check to see how it came out--I just looked at it, didn't see a deep impression so I threw it out. But I learned that until you open the packet you won't really see the impression so maybe I'll fish it out of the garbage and see what happens. Please post or pm me with any questions.
I am so excited to hear that you like this system, unfortunately your photo links didn't work for me. It shows the red "x" where the photo should be. Is this only a problem on my end or are others seeing the same thing?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 08:43 AM   #252  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Justrite stamping at home kit contents

i am attaching some pics of the kit contents
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone have a "Stampcritter"? *merged*-misc-cards-1st-day-school-07-1st-grade-046.jpg   Does anyone have a "Stampcritter"? *merged*-misc-cards-1st-day-school-07-1st-grade-044.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 08:45 AM   #253  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossForums at Splitcoaststampers
I am so excited to hear that you like this system, unfortunately your photo links didn't work for me. It shows the red "x" where the photo should be. Is this only a problem on my end or are others seeing the same thing?
Oh no! You think if I upload them to my gallery it'll work?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 08:46 AM   #254  
Forum Fanatic

By the time I posted my comment about not being able to see your images, the problem was fixed! That was fast work!

Wow! Those are great images! I would be doing the happy dance with results like those! If you only had one flub before you got these great images, I would say you are doing great. Please keep us informed of your continuing efforts and what you learn along the way - this is very helpful information!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 08:56 AM   #255  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh good! I am soo impressed with this. Next I"ll try to make a stamp from one of my drawings...
Has anyone else ordered this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #256  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Thanks for the report and the photos. I haven't ordered but I'm very interested. Would you mind also putting a comment on the SCS CHA blog here Just Rite on SCS @ CHA Blog at Splitcoaststampers ?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 09:20 AM   #257  
Rubber Obsessor

I put a post up! But I didn't post any pics. Should I have?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #258  
Matboard Maniac

In the photo your stamp looks yellow. I thought these stamps were not suppose to turn yellow. Is it just the lighting or did your stamp actually turn yellow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 09:30 AM   #259  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

I put a post up! But I didn't post any pics. Should I have?

No you can't post pictures there. Your comment was great - thanks.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 09:33 AM   #260  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbbrenForums at Splitcoaststampers
In the photo your stamp looks yellow. I thought these stamps were not suppose to turn yellow. Is it just the lighting or did your stamp actually turn yellow.

Stamp Rite has two products for making stamps (details in the SCS blog post listed above). The kit that requires a 60 watt bulb DOES make clear yellow stamps. The higher priced machine designed for home based business makes CLEAR (no color) stamps.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 09:41 AM   #261  
Matboard Maniac

Good to know! I didn't realize they had 2 machines. I will have to take a better look at their site!
Thanks so much!
Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #262  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbbrenForums at Splitcoaststampers
Good to know! I didn't realize they had 2 machines. I will have to take a better look at their site!
Thanks so much!
Brenda

It's not actually 2 machines. The first kit (the one we've been talking about here) does not involve a machine - check out the Craft TV video that was posted a few posts ago - that shows the process in detail. You just use a desk lamp with a 60w bulb.

The second option is a machine that cures the stamps rather than using a desk lamp.

I saw both at CHA.

HTH.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #263  
Crimping Master

It sounds like the Stampcritter and Justrite Kit uses the same product (imagepacs) and process. I'm glad you have gotten a good image so quickly.

I spent yesterday testing some cheaper pouches from another manufacturer with my Stampcritter machine. I posted results on my blog if anyone is interested in this info.

Please keep us posted on the Justrite Stamping Kit, also has anyone on here received their stampcritter? What kind of results did you get?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 11:55 AM   #264  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooked_on_stampinForums at Splitcoaststampers
It sounds like the Stampcritter and Justrite Kit uses the same product (imagepacs) and process. I'm glad you have gotten a good image so quickly.

I spent yesterday testing some cheaper pouches from another manufacturer with my Stampcritter machine. I posted results on my blog if anyone is interested in this info.

Please keep us posted on the Justrite Stamping Kit, also has anyone on here received their stampcritter? What kind of results did you get?
Hi! I have you to thank for being brave enough to try out the stamp critter!LOL! I really like the images that you've created.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 03:03 PM   #265  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooked_on_stampinForums at Splitcoaststampers

Something I'm curious about...on the Craft TV video the gal says that the Just Rite stamps stick to the acrylic block once you peel the backing off the stamp. I'm wondering why the Stamp Critter stamps don't stick if they are using the same packs? I've never used a clear stamp before that wouldn't stick to an acrylic block.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #266  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Something I'm curious about...on the Craft TV video the gal says that the Just Rite stamps stick to the acrylic block once you peel the backing off the stamp. I'm wondering why the Stamp Critter stamps don't stick if they are using the same packs? I've never used a clear stamp before that wouldn't stick to an acrylic block.
Stampcritter is supposed to be releasing some new pouches soon that do stick to the acrylic blocks. I mentioned in an earlier post about some other pouches I had tested - one was a true clear pouch and it did stick to the blocks, the other was a red tinted pouch, this did not stick to the block. So I guess there is some differences in the products.

Here is an excerpt from an email I received -

The Justrite pouches for use with the lamp are extremely sensitive to UV
light. They have to be in order to work with an ordinary incandescent lamp.
So, the "shelf life" is short, meaning that they are likely to "pre-expose"
quickly if not processed soon after receipt.

Another thing I have been told is to be sure and store all your pouches in a dark place.

So for those of you using the Justrite Kits you may want to use these pouches up quickly, although I'm sure that probably won't be a problem, LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 04:35 PM   #267  
Rubber Obsessor

najahlei those are great images that you have created with just rite! Cant wait to see your own image from a drawing.I went to the just rite website to check somethings out and found out they only do wholesale orders. Will you please let us know where you ordered it from with that quick service!
thank you
Hooked on stampin thank you for keeping us up to date with your stampcritter
stamps.I go almost everyday to your blog and love all your cards. Thank you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #268  
Matboard Maniac

Question I'm confused!

For those of you who own the JustRite kit, I am very interested in purchasing it. However, they claim that the stamps you make would only cost about 1/8 the price of a purchased stamp. For the life of me, I just cannot see how that is accurate.

For example, the large polymer packet itself costs $10. It's about the size of a background stamp. The cost of the polymer pack alone is more than I pay for background stamps (I use unmounted). Add to that the cost of the film or transparency to print the negative on, and the cost of the ink from your printer (which would be quite a bit of black ink), and you are well over what I pay for a nice background stamp from CHF and other places. This doesn't even take into account the initial cost of the kit itself.

I realize cost savings is not the only consideration, as it would be GREAT in and of itself to be able to make your own designs, but I just think it is a stretch to say you save money in the process. Do you who own it agree, or am I missing something major? I would be so disappointed to get it and realize it would be something I wouldn't continue to use because it is too spendy for the refills. How many does the intial kit come with?

Thanks for the input!

Sandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #269  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi there, I just PM'd you.
I'm not sure what the rules are about posting links here to other companies

At that link its offered for a discount
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 06:00 PM   #270  
Rubber Obsessor

Default here are...

...two more stamps that I made today. I got the images from one of my daughter's "learn to draw" books. The artist's name is Christopher Hart.
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone have a "Stampcritter"? *merged*-justrite-stamp-home-kit-003.jpg  

Last edited by najahlei; 02-23-2008 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: fuzzy pics
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 06:02 PM   #271  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Hi there, I just PM'd you.
I'm not sure what the rules are about posting links here to other companies

At that link its offered for a discount

You're welcome to post the link here (as long as you don't work for the company). I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 06:25 PM   #272  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Sandy,

To be honest with you, I didn't do the math when I ordered the kit. The ease of use is what I was interested in. The kit comes with the polymer kit containing 2 Large, 4Medium and 4 Small pouches. The first two stamps that I posted were each made from the small pouches. The second set was made from one medium pouch. I'm thinking that to get a good value, it really depends on what you're going to make and the sizes you need. For example you can use the large pouch and depending on the size of your images, you may get approx 6 images from it (i measured using my largest image approx 2"x2 3/4). However if you're making one background stamp it doesn't seem so great. Using the program that comes with it you can resize your images --in essence, just b/c 10 pouches are n the pack, it does not limit you to making only 10 stamps.
You can get about 12-16 images from one of the sheets that you print on if you space them correctly (there are 4 sheets in the starter kit and they each measure out to 8-1/4" x 11-11/16"). I did not use the enclosed program as i already have photoshop elements.
And I probably have not answered your question at all after all that ! But I hope it clarifed something you may have been wondering about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandydittmerForums at Splitcoaststampers
For those of you who own the JustRite kit, I am very interested in purchasing it. However, they claim that the stamps you make would only cost about 1/8 the price of a purchased stamp. For the life of me, I just cannot see how that is accurate.

For example, the large polymer packet itself costs $10. It's about the size of a background stamp. The cost of the polymer pack alone is more than I pay for background stamps (I use unmounted). Add to that the cost of the film or transparency to print the negative on, and the cost of the ink from your printer (which would be quite a bit of black ink), and you are well over what I pay for a nice background stamp from CHF and other places. This doesn't even take into account the initial cost of the kit itself.

I realize cost savings is not the only consideration, as it would be GREAT in and of itself to be able to make your own designs, but I just think it is a stretch to say you save money in the process. Do you who own it agree, or am I missing something major? I would be so disappointed to get it and realize it would be something I wouldn't continue to use because it is too spendy for the refills. How many does the intial kit come with?

Thanks for the input!

Sandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 06:29 PM   #273  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

You're welcome to post the link here (as long as you don't work for the company). I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in it.
Well the site that I ordered from is for prospective domonstrators and I figured I'd order it from there to get it cheaper. But I am not a demo yet. Just a happy consumer for now. So please let me know if its still ok...Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #274  
Crimping Master

Stampcritter advertises that you can make a stamp for as low as 20cents per square inch. I think that is pretty opitimistic on their part. There pouches would run about $10 a piece for the large size (buying the 100 sq inches). If you are on their automatic ship program, the pouch would run you about $6 per pouch. I just made 2 fairly large stamps from one pouch so that comes to $3.00-5.00 per stamp. This size would definitely be a $8-10 stamp in a store.

I'm not so much into "saving" money making my own stamps, it's just the convenience of being able to do so at an affordable price.

Hopes this helps to put things in perspective a little bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 06:49 PM   #275  
Matboard Maniac

Smile Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification, najahlei and hooked_on_stampin. That is what I figured, but it helps to hear it from somebody who owns it. I realize cost savings is only part of the charm. Since I use mainly unmounted rubber (bare with no cushion at all), I assume my "savings" would be even less because that is the least expensive way to go when stamping. But I LOVE it!

Still.....how cool to be able to make your own stamps. I am thinking that you could fit a ton of tiny word stamps on one large pouch. I know sets like that in the SU catalog are $35 or $40. So right there would be some nice savings indeed. The least cost effective would probably be a background stamp.

Enjoy it, and I look forward to seeing more of your creations as you get them made. I love the Betty Boop stamp you made, najahlei!

Sandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 06:52 PM   #276  
Crimping Master

Here is a picture of the stamp and cards I made yesterday. This picture came from a coloring book. I have found that the Palette Noir inkpad seems to work best for this type of stamp.
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone have a "Stampcritter"? *merged*-2flowers.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #277  
Rubber Obsessor

najahlei,Thank you for the pm. I will check it out and thanks for letting us know what exactly came in the kit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #278  
Rubber Obsessor

In the last post I forgot to add that I love your SMILEY SUNFLOWERS Hooked on Stampin.Those cards are great.You are better than I am with the prisma pencil & gamsol.Your friend will be thankful for the homemade stamp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 08:12 AM   #279  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Hooked on stamping...

...those cards are soo cute!!! And the image came out great!
And thanks for the email excerpt regarding the pouches! I better hurry and use 'em up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #280  
Cardstock Collector

Default sticky back

In the different videos, the just rite left the back of the pouch attached until it was done cooking, in the stamp critter, they removed the whole pouch. I wonder if that makes a difference. I got a copy of the instruction manual for the stamp critter (all 7 pages of it.) I got it by sending an email asking for it. This is the upgraded instruction manual. I can't wait to see the old one (LOL). See attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf StampCritter_Instructions-rev31.pdf (61.8 KB, 29 views)
Reply With Quote Likes