Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-19-2007, 06:29 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storing Stamping Spots & Refills, NE ideas?

Is there NE1 else out there that just bought the SU spots and their refills? Now I'm looking for a storage idea...similar the actually pads...but instead of having the pen next to the storage have the refill bottle next to the pad. I store mine in a small drawer for now, upside down, but you still have to do some searching to find them.

I also have the staz-ons, and some regularly used stamp pads to store.

NEI have ideas or pictures of what they've done? Would greatly appreciate the help.

Sheila
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 07:21 AM   #2  
RCB
Stampin' Fool

I may not have any ideas to offer, but I have only SU spots too, plus a few reg sized ink pads. My storage is in drawers, and I keep my ink and often-used items in the drawer that is at my working level. I keep my refills tucked farther away, since I find that I don't use them all that often. Like you, I keep my spots upside down. I have labelled the bottom of the boxes by color families so that I can quickly identify them. I have found this to be the most effective organization for a limited space!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 07:25 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

I found a little 4-drawer clear plastic drawer thing at Target. I have all my refills and spots organized in there by color family. Inside the drawer I have the colors sorted alphabetically so I don't have to pick up each one to find the right one. Finally, I have a 2-letter code on the refill bottle tops so I can get a quick at-a-glance look to find the one I'm looking for.

I do like your ideas of storing the spots upside down. Such an obvious idea and I'd never thought of it. I'll be turning all mine upside down when I get home tonight.

THanks!

Check out my Gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Actually according to SU, the spots don't need to be stored upside down. Storing them upside down can actually make the pads leak (especially if there is a little string loose on the side of the pad).

I have had most of mine for 4 years and never stored them upside down. They are still great (although my EE set needs reinking.. i use it the most).

I store my spots in a drawer along with all my non SU pads and versamarks, etc. I have my reinkers in small drawers from IKEA by color family on top of my desk, off to the side. I don't keep them together side I don't use the reinkers every day. My full size SU pads are in my ink caddy from SU.. which I have grown to LOVE.

good luck. Storage solutions are a hard thing.. and personal depending on how you use your space.

Liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 12:08 PM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

Smile lovestamping

I'm new to SU and I'm not sure which is better the spots or the pads. It seems the pads would be better for when I need to use the stamping around wheels:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes