Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Do I need? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/do-i-need-427774/)

shazm 03-24-2009 06:44 AM

Do I need?

I have been offered the chance to buy all 48 SU classic inkpads at a discount price, do you think I need them? Are there colours that you do not use at all?

craftsrlb 03-24-2009 06:48 AM

ink pads

I guess it all depends on how much the discount is. I am a demo and actually sold most of my large pads and either got the spots or because I have the set of markers, I use those instead. I find it easier to use the markers for most stamps..I do have a few large pads that I use alot like choc chip, real red, pretty in pink, but the rest I hardly use. See if the price is better than getting the spots.

momis mama 03-24-2009 07:08 AM

i LOVE the full size pads!

if the price is right i would jump on it!

make sure that they aren't too old and in need of re inking.

jackie1 03-24-2009 07:14 AM

I have all of the ink pads, plus all the in colors for the past couple of books and I use them all, maybe not everytime I sit and stamp, but I do use them. If the discount is a good one I would take it.

GreenDragonLady 03-24-2009 07:15 AM

It is really nice to have all the coordinating colors when you need them!

ckstampinkansas 03-24-2009 07:26 AM

I would love to have all the colors and if it's a good price I would get them.

acable 03-24-2009 08:50 AM

I have all of the full size pads, with the exception of Handsome Hunter. I love having all of SU's colors available! :)

annie21211 03-24-2009 08:57 AM

I've never wanted to own all the SU ink pads. I have less than 20 I think and even less markers. I do have 3 sets of stampin spots, 1- I bought myself and 2 my mother gave me, but I find I don't reach for them very often. There are several colors in each family that I just don't like which is what stopped me from buying the pads in sets.

deborahmegan 03-24-2009 08:58 AM

I don't have all 48, but I'm happy with my selection. I have about 35 and I probably use them all. Sometimes, I use a color for sponging more than inking. It depends. I don't use Yoyo yellow often at all...but I suppose it's nice to have in case I do. I'm trying not to be a completer (even though I am), but I'll eventually get them all...just because I'd prefer to have the whole set.

As for the Craft pads, I just have white, black, vanilla, and choc chip.

deborahmegan 03-24-2009 08:58 AM

I would also add, I prefer the full pad to the spot. Just a personal preference.

stamp luvr 03-24-2009 10:18 AM

I have them all and rarely use them. If I had it to do again, I would buy the spots. In fact, I just sold some brand new ones on Ebay for half what I paid for them!!!

Curly Chick 03-24-2009 10:38 AM

I have them all and love them. Some are the old style and some are the new flip-top ones. There are some colors I use very rarely, but I am glad I have them. If you can get them for a good deal, I would say go for it. Refills are always available and are waayyy cheaper than a new pad.

Pamela

Stampinmom57 03-24-2009 10:57 AM

I have all sets plus the incolors and would not give them up. Of course I have every color of paper too. I would jump at the opportunity of getting a discount.
Sheri

GreenDragonLady 03-24-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampinmom57 (Post 13525640)
I have all sets plus the incolors and would not give them up. Of course I have every color of paper too. I would jump at the opportunity of getting a discount.
Sheri

Become a demo! :D

shazm 03-24-2009 01:30 PM

Thanks for all your input. I have decided to go for them as they are all brand new & are on offer for half the RRP. If I don't use them I can always sell them on.