Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Divine Twine (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/divine-twine-580668/)

lesleybd 11-09-2013 04:45 AM

Divine Twine

Bought some red and 'white' Divine Twine on eBay. Expected it to be bright white as it looks on the screen but it is more of a cream or natural colour. No use for trimming my white cards. :(

Can any one tell me if this is how Divine Twine is supposed to look or if I have been sent a cheap substitute? Frightened to try again from another seller in case I get more of the same.

Thanks

Lesley

QueenOfInkland 11-10-2013 06:35 AM

I cannot answer re: Divine Twine but I would like to make a suggestion (as an eBay and online shopper).

Keep in mind that how the colors appear on the internet vary from one person's monitor to another person's monitor.

To be sure that you buy/get what you want, you can ask the eBay seller or the online company's customer service department any questions that you have about the details of the product so that you know what you'll be receiving.

Whether or not and how fast they answer your question might also have the side benefit of giving you some idea about how good or bad their customer service may be.

HTH.

QueenOfInkland 11-10-2013 06:46 AM

I googled a little and this Etsy seller might be able to specifically answer your question about the Divine Twine:
Divine Twine Peppermint Red Pink White stripes by atoxicdream

lesleybd 11-10-2013 09:10 AM

Thank you.

The seller did warn that different monitors would show different colours but I just 'took the plunge' anyway.

Have since watched various videos on YouTube about different makes of twine. Thickness, softness and brightness varies between brands.

Who would have thought that bakers twine was such an absorbing subject!

I finished the card with ribbon!

Lesley

QueenOfInkland 11-10-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesleybd (Post 20408743)

I finished the card with ribbon!

This gave me a good laugh - thanks!!!

fionna51 11-10-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesleybd (Post 20408743)

Have since watched various videos on YouTube about different makes of twine. Thickness, softness and brightness varies between brands.

I'd add that there's a difference in brands as to the number of color plys and white plys in the finished twine. The one I like has two color to two white. Some don't have as many color plys in it.

By the way, I use twine from The Twinery and their white is white.

lesleybd 11-11-2013 06:35 AM

Thanks, Diane.

I think I need a little break from twine. :D

Will have a good look when I'm in Florida at New Year (I live in the UK) and get ahead for next Christmas.

Lesley

Peanutbodle 11-27-2013 09:53 PM

Another source for White Twine

Annie's Paper Boutique sells Trendy Twine in a true white. Here: White Twine
I just bought some last week, and it is bright white.