Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cuttlebug--storing dies and folders (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cuttlebug-storing-dies-folders-223963/)

TrayMoney 02-12-2007 01:14 PM

Cuttlebug--storing dies and folders

I just got a Cuttlebug (yesterday!) and I am not sure how I am going to store my dies and folders. Does anyone have a system for this. I especially don't want to cut my fingers on the dies.
Thanks!

scrapshappen 02-12-2007 01:34 PM

Mine are in gallon-sized ziplock bag so I am sure you are looking for a better solution than that (I am too.)

11Valerie11 02-12-2007 01:40 PM

I just have them in a basket by the CB, still in the packaging they came in. For the dies I merely slit one side so I can get them in and out, the folders come in packages that are so easy to take them in and out. The basket is almost full, though...........

Clownmom 02-13-2007 05:18 PM

I read where someone had put the dies in baseball card holders. I bought a pack of them that fit in a 3-ring binder (nine to a page). Works great! For the alphabets, I cut open the bottom of the upper row of holders so that the alphabet can slide through the opening and down into the second row of pouches. Then I just put some small ones in the bottom row. The small embossing folders fit in there too.

tweetyb 02-13-2007 05:48 PM

I am keeping mine in a SU stamp case! They fit perfect!!:)

speanburg4 02-14-2007 07:10 AM

I have my small dies in Baseball card protector sleeves. They fit nine per sheet. I think I got 10 sheets for $2 at Office Depot. I keep the alphas and embossing folders in cd protector sleeves, also bought at Office Depot. The sleeves are meant to hold 2 cds, but I can fit 2 individual alpha dies in each opening, so 4 per protector. I can also fit 2 embossing folders per protector. I think I got 10 for around $5. They all fit very nicely in a 3-ring binder. I can post pics if you are interested.

CrazyStampFrog 02-14-2007 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4
I have my small dies in Baseball card protector sleeves. They fit nine per sheet. I think I got 10 sheets for $2 at Office Depot. I keep the alphas and embossing folders in cd protector sleeves, also bought at Office Depot. The sleeves are meant to hold 2 cds, but I can fit 2 individual alpha dies in each opening, so 4 per protector. I can also fit 2 embossing folders per protector. I think I got 10 for around $5. They all fit very nicely in a 3-ring binder. I can post pics if you are interested.

This is essentially what I am doing as well--baseball card sheets for the small ones (Walmart for 1.98), and photo protector sheets for the alphas and large embossing plates (also Walmart), all in a 3 ring binder--works great! I have NEVER been this organized before--I am so proud of myself!

Heather_M 02-14-2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4

I'd love to see a pic! :) Still trying to figure out what to do myself! :rolleyes:

speanburg4 02-14-2007 09:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple pics to show my system...

Soozie4Him 02-14-2007 12:02 PM

I have my CB stuff in a Snapware container I got at the Container Store. The top of it is the exact color green as the Cuttlebug!! Here's a picture of the one I got for $7.99 (except for the color of the cover):

http://www.organize-everything.com/medcraftbox.html

I keep the CB plates and Embossing Folders in the bottom section, my 2 alphabets in the middle section, and my other dies in the top section (I have about 4 of the 4-packs, and one of the larger dies). It all fits very nicely, for now anyway!!! And there is room to grow too, because you can buy another Snapware container and you can snap it onto the bottom and make it as tall as you want!!

Hope this helps someone!

addiesmomma 02-14-2007 05:36 PM

I saw some holders for QuicKutz dies. They look like mini basecard holders. I think there were 10 in a pack, but I don't remember the price. They were at Archivers -- if you have near.

candyf 02-14-2007 05:58 PM

This sectioned box will hold all the Cuttlebug dies, folders, and alphabets. Each section will hold 2 alphabets if you stack them on top of each other. The box snaps closed so it is perfect if you need to carry your Cuttlebug things with you -- and the box can be altered to match your scrap/stamp area! Note that the plates will not fit in the box.

http://www.newcleardollarstamps.com/.../Detail?no=842

Candyf

Cathy H 02-14-2007 06:00 PM

Candy, this link isn't working -- at least not for me --

candyf 02-14-2007 07:44 PM

Sorry -- try this link!

http://www.newcleardollarstamps.com/.../Detail?no=842

Candyf

Mynee 02-14-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetyb
I am keeping mine in a SU stamp case! They fit perfect!!:)

That's exactly what I do!

sassyat30 02-15-2007 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soozie4Him
I have my CB stuff in a Snapware container I got at the Container Store. The top of it is the exact color green as the Cuttlebug!! Here's a picture of the one I got for $7.99 (except for the color of the cover):

http://www.organize-everything.com/medcraftbox.html

I keep the CB plates and Embossing Folders in the bottom section, my 2 alphabets in the middle section, and my other dies in the top section (I have about 4 of the 4-packs, and one of the larger dies). It all fits very nicely, for now anyway!!! And there is room to grow too, because you can buy another Snapware container and you can snap it onto the bottom and make it as tall as you want!!

Hope this helps someone!

Tee hee! I just had to laugh when I saw this container b/c this is what my DD keeps her crayons and markers in. :D Crayons in one level and markers in the other one...it works great!

I never thought of it for my CB stuff, though. Thanks for the idea! ;)

CKMom 02-15-2007 04:54 AM

CB storage

I took someones advice and purchased the CD protector pages, 10 to a pack. They fit the folders perfectly, the 2" dies and alphabets, but I foresee having to buy another pack soon to accomodate the newbies. I found a cheap 3 ring notebook at Target with bright flowers and CB green background.

jenintx 02-15-2007 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrap'n'stamp
I saw some holders for QuicKutz dies. They look like mini basecard holders. I think there were 10 in a pack, but I don't remember the price. They were at Archivers -- if you have near.

I have the quickutz holders for my quickutz, I tried to put the cuttlebug dies in them, they fit but really tight.

WeimFamily 03-07-2007 04:47 PM

Bumpin' this up for more ideas. I need a way to store a few CB small die sets and a few alpha sets. I'm too lazy for the binder solutions - I need a box/container I can just reach into and put things back in. So far, the snapware seems to be the best solution for me. Any more ideas???

mnhyrkas 03-07-2007 07:59 PM

I have my 2x2 die sets in CD cases. folders and alphas in a basket.
I love the binder/sleeve system. Gonna stop at office supply store tomorrow!

dianebeckman 03-07-2007 09:21 PM

Cuttlebut--storing dies and folders

Hello,

I just put all mine into a plastic container. Sorta like a plastic shoe box container.
I like that I have them all together and can grab the container and go with them if I want.

Diane beckman