Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-15-2009, 03:29 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Provo Craft Zision 12" Trimmer

Has anyone that trimmer? What do you think about it? Is it a good one?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 09:00 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

If that is the pink and green Provo Craft one, I have it! I really like it a lot. My mom got one and a friend who scrapbooks with me has one. All of us like it a lot. My mom had one that the arm that swung out to the side didn't have measurements on it, so she was using a ruler. When she saw mine, she quickly replaced her old one.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been using this one for a couple years. Its ok. I don't like the way it shreds the edges of the cut paper, but you'll get that with any v-blade trimmer even if the blade is new. Its not as bad with a new blade. I just replaced mine and got the Making Memories rotary self-sharpening trimmer with my 40%off coupon at Mikes. I'm loving this trimmer - nice clean acurate cuts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

This was the first trimmer I purchased, because it was inexpensive. I liked it and it worked well, but I had to replace the blades very often to keep clean edges on the cuts.

Now I have the Making Memories Precision Trimmer which is self-sharpening. I absolutely love it. Like someone said, you can get it at Michaels with a coupon. I highly recommend the MM trimmer.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

That Making Memories sounds neat, especially a self-sharpening edge. However, our Michael's is horrible with selection, and I highly doubt they have any there. I am going to look because I am curious, but I'm not too hopeful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madam MimView Post
Has anyone that trimmer? What do you think about it? Is it a good one?

I had one and used it for awhile. I got rid of it. Cause it would shred my paper. I was alway replacing the blades for it too.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 03:15 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you do end up using this trimmer, just to let you know that you can use the cricut trimmer blades in it as well. The green cricut trimmer sold at Walmart is the same trimmer just a different colour. The replacement blades are like $9.99 at Mikes and only $3.99 at Walmart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Default Provo Craft Trimmer

I have just about every non-rotary trimmer on the market. (Except I do have the Cutterpede large and small and MM Self Sharpening one) You name it I have it. the MM Memories Sharpening one is very good. I tend to use this more for "thicker paper" like DCWV. I have several of the Fiskars and I do like the Premium Wire Lined one however I had to return two different ones because the blade kept getting "nicked" on the wire and the wire would fray and the blade would always get stuck. The new one they sent me so far has been great. My Tonic Gul. is great for Large 12 x12 sheets of paper.

However...I tend to keep coming back to my Green and Pink Provo Craft one. I esp like that it is so little and light. I keep it on my kitchen Island in the "organizer" that holds the "bills" and the calculator and the notepad and the stamps...you know the one. I tend to do most of my "minor" scraping here to keep my eye on the kids and I seem to use this one the most esp. for the light weight papers it is great. I tried to cut Gina K Pure Luxury Base Weight paper and it was tough and dulled a new blade quickly as well as the really thick glitter DCWV does.

So for every day trimming it it great. But for the thicker stuff I would go with either MM or Tonic. But for the price you can't beat it.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the this trimmer has 1/4 lines on the bed and a generous section to the right of the blade as well (very similar to the Cutterpede.) I did have to use a Sharpie to darken the ruler markings because it is green on green, but once I did...Perfect.

Oh one more thing. The ruler part is very similar to the Cutterpede in that it lifts straight up from a hinge on the top and "snaps" to lock down. This was really awkward for me in the beginning after being used to the Fiskars style of where it is hinged at the top and bottom and you kinda get in the habit of using your thumb to swing up and it does not snap and lock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 12:46 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

This trimmer was the first trimmer I ever bought and is still a favorite if I need a lightweight portable card/scrapping kit. As other posters have mentioned it does a good job with a new blade but the blades do go blunt quickly - so whilst the trimmer is initially cheap to buy the consumable blades do quickly add to the expense. I mainly use my MM trimmer at home as it does always give accurate clean cuts and the self sharpening blade is terrific.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 12:48 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

This trimmer was the first trimmer I ever bought and is still a favorite if I need a lightweight portable card/scrapping kit. As other posters have mentioned it does a good job with a new blade but the blades do go blunt quickly - so whilst the trimmer is initially cheap to buy the consumable blades do quickly add to the expense. I mainly use my MM trimmer at home as it does always give accurate clean cuts and the self sharpening blade is terrific.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 12:49 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 12:52 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Reply With Quote Likes