Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cuttlebug dyecut storage (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cuttlebug-dyecut-storage-238647/)

batgirl 04-06-2007 10:54 PM

Cuttlebug dyecut storage

how are you storing your CB dies! I just got my CB today with the 50% off coupon at Mikes and I got the Asterisks dies and I would like to get something to store them in :)

HisPrincess915 04-06-2007 11:02 PM

Right now, I store my Cuttlebug embossing folders and the few dies I have in one of the clear boxes from Stampin Up! - it's very handy :)!

-- kimB

HisPrincess915 04-06-2007 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HisPrincess915
Right now, I store my Cuttlebug embossing folders and the few dies I have in one of the clear boxes from Stampin Up! - it's very handy :)!

-- kimB

Forgot to add -- I don't have a storage case or carrying bag for the Cuttlebug machine itself, but would love it if ProvoCraft came out with something similar to the hot pink carry case that Xyron has for their PCS machine :D! Except in lime green, of course -- to match the 'Bug ;)!

Erica Fields 04-06-2007 11:13 PM

Quikutz has a line of plastic storage sheets that are divided and have an opening at the top. Each sheet holds 16 diecuts. It's a bit of tight fit, but it works fairly well. You store these sheets in a binder. Haven't figured out a way to store the A2 folders. So I keep these in the cases they come in and in my CB box. I keep my CB on my craft table 'cause it's so cute and is a real conversation piece. I am currently trying to resist going getting some of the new cute folders. Wish me success. I'm gonna need it!!

DarcyJo 04-07-2007 03:19 AM

Lunch box

I decorated a lunch box and added file folders to it for my dies and folders. I set it next to my cuttlebug so every thing I need is right there. darc

momis mama 04-07-2007 05:45 AM

bummer! the 50% off coupon i had excluded all cricut mdse.

i want a bug! BAD!

Boss 04-07-2007 07:15 AM

I haven't figured out a way I want to store my cuttle dies, so I'm keeping them in the original blister packs (I slit the ends off so the dies slide back in the case). I don't like having stuff in a notebook because it's a pain in patoot to have to grab a notebook, find a clear space on the worktable to open it, page through and find the die, remove the die, etc....I also don't think it's a good idea to have the dies bumping against each other in a box because the cutting stuff on the backside might get dinged up. :-?

The folders I store in a shallow snap-top box I got in the food storage aisle at Walmart. They come in a 2-pack, that snaps together with one shared lid. The ones I'm using for the folders is the 1" deep model and I just have the A-2 folders stacked one on top of the other and the open container is on a shallow shelf right by the bug. Handy, simple and when I want to take the folders with me I can snap the lid on the container and toss it in a tote.

buggainok 04-07-2007 09:14 AM

I only stamp at home and don't take my stuff anywhere, so the 3 ring binder system works well for me, and it is inexpensive.

I got the trading card page protectors with 9 pockets per page for the smaller dies and embossing folders, and the 4 x 6 photo size with 2 pockets per page for the larger embossing folders.

StampinAK 04-07-2007 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mama

i want a bug! BAD!

From what I've read on the other Cuttlebug threads this coupon is valid. You may want to check the FAQ thread. Cuttlebug is made by Provocraft and is not a Cricut product. Hope this helps!:p

batgirl 04-07-2007 09:44 AM

Yes you should be able to use your coupon! When I went to the checkout the casher was like oh it says made by the makers of cricut you cant use the coupon. I said they are from the same makers but this is not a cricut and I can use the coupon. She was like oh ok then and let me use it.

janejetson 04-07-2007 01:51 PM

I use the same system as Bugga. You can also store the alphabet dies in the 4x6 photo sheets - you can get two dies in each photo slot.

ProvoCraft is coming out with a storage system this summer (I think June is the anticipated release date).

Jane

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainok
I only stamp at home and don't take my stuff anywhere, so the 3 ring binder system works well for me, and it is inexpensive.

I got the trading card page protectors with 9 pockets per page for the smaller dies and embossing folders, and the 4 x 6 photo size with 2 pockets per page for the larger embossing folders.

Beachbound 04-07-2007 03:12 PM

Here's what I made for my goodies! It's a sugar tin from Michael's!
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=41167

Boss 04-07-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachbound
Here's what I made for my goodies! It's a sugar tin from Michael's!
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=524003&cat=500&ppuser=41167

Very cool! It reminded me of the neat tin container the tag punch came in (and the designer label punch, too). Bet we could purty those up like you've done and have a dandy storage container for our Bug stuff!:D

momis mama 04-07-2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinAK
From what I've read on the other Cuttlebug threads this coupon is valid. You may want to check the FAQ thread. Cuttlebug is made by Provocraft and is not a Cricut product. Hope this helps!:p

i could just scream! aaahhhh! i was there yesterday and had a coupon that a fellow SCSer sent me because i don't get their mailing (they are about 45 min away) and it was only good on friday, but i did get the versafine ink.

how do you get on their mailing list? anyone know? i gotta geta BUG!

rcmarroquin 04-07-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mama

i want a bug! BAD!

I haven't read through all the posts, so I apologize if I'm repeating something. The Cuttlebug isn't a Cricut product. Both the Bug and the Cricut are made by Provocraft. Therefore you can still use the Michael's coupons for the Bug.

momis mama 04-07-2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcmarroquin
I haven't read through all the posts, so I apologize if I'm repeating something. The Cuttlebug isn't a Cricut product. Both the Bug and the Cricut are made by Provocraft. Therefore you can still use the Michael's coupons for the Bug.

i didn't realize this. i am still learning about all the 'gotta have garb' what with brands and types and blah blah blah!

LunaMom 04-07-2007 07:04 PM

Take a second look in your kitchen drawer where you have your silverware-it works really well to store your small die cuts in a silverware organizer thingy-dont know what to call it, but its the thing you sort your knives, spoons, and forks in. The small dies and embossing folders and sizzlet alphabets all fit into those spaces keeping everything organized and easy to see and grab.

DonnaC 04-07-2007 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erica Fields
Quikutz has a line of plastic storage sheets that are divided and have an opening at the top. Each sheet holds 16 diecuts. It's a bit of tight fit, but it works fairly well. You store these sheets in a binder. Haven't figured out a way to store the A2 folders. So I keep these in the cases they come in and in my CB box. I keep my CB on my craft table 'cause it's so cute and is a real conversation piece. I am currently trying to resist going getting some of the new cute folders. Wish me success. I'm gonna need it!!

I store my folders in one the tins that you decorate. They fit in sideways perfectly.

batgirl 04-07-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunaMom
Take a second look in your kitchen drawer where you have your silverware-it works really well to store your small die cuts in a silverware organizer thingy-dont know what to call it, but its the thing you sort your knives, spoons, and forks in. The small dies and embossing folders and sizzlet alphabets all fit into those spaces keeping everything organized and easy to see and grab.

My 2 yr old messes up the cutlery drawer all the time! maybe no one would miss it if I took it out lol!

stampbunny 04-07-2007 08:13 PM

For right now mine are stored in a plastic basket I got at WalMart until I can decorate the designer label punch tin to keep them all in.