Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cuttlebug/Cuttlebug-itis- *MERGED* (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cuttlebug-cuttlebug-itis-%2Amerged%2A-197907/)

Baylorgrad 11-18-2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Hey, chick! Have you seen these?

Zip-e-Snaps

They appear to be similar to the Spellbinder dies that also emboss and cut at the same time! ;)

Darn you, Julie, you enabler! :twisted: Some of those are pretty darn cute...I might have to see where I can get a couple of those! I did get the Cut 'n Emboss snowflake die from Ellison Designs at my LSS today...*very* pretty!

leney 11-18-2006 10:53 PM

I have seen the Cuttlebug and I even bought one of the 4 embossing dies.
I do wish I'd gotten the A2 embossing die I wanted! Bought the Paper Shapers 1 1/8" circle punch. NEED it for the Circle Of Friendship stamp set. Thanks to Julie HRR!!! I have already been sold on the Big Shot. I even e-mailed hubby with the the link to costco.com and also the accessories at joanns.com. Thanks to once again to Julie HRR!!! Now by the time I get him to buy the Big Shot the extra accessories. Then all those adorable Cuttlebug dies and embossing folderswill be gone!!!! You guys will have bought them all!!! I hope that Roberts Crafts (aka Creative Express) will have them on the day after Thanksgiving. Michael's and JoAnn's both have had them for a few weeks!!!
I want the big Shot becuase I love the colors of blue & yellow! I don't need it to fold up. I have the Sizzix, Sidekick and the convertor and the adapters for the Sizzix and lots of Sixxiz dies, Sizzlets, Simple Impressions embossing folders and lots of Brass Templates. I even have a software program for Lasting Impressions that will print colors on cardstock from my printer to match their brass Templates. So I can't wait to try to use them in the Big Shot. I need to quit buying and hording and collecting and create with all the stuff I have!!! You are truly helping to enable my habit. Thanks a lot for all your help!!!

I sure do have fun finding the lastest gagdetsand embellishments to buy and have ready to use, though!!!!!!

EllenH 11-19-2006 09:30 AM

Cuttlebug Review

I just wanted to share that you ALL MADE ME DO IT :D!!! I got my Cuttlebug yesterday - insert bouncing smilie face here!

I did a review on my blog as well - sharing what I have learned so far. Just click on the link below if you want to see what I have cut out so far :D OOOH it is addicting!

JulieHRR 11-19-2006 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnhyrkas
update- DH says I should try something a little stiffer than the fun foam for embossing with a brass stencil. So I'm gonna try some gasket material and try again. I'll be watching this thread to see if anybody else has a successful result with the CB and brass templates.

Have you tried a mousepad? I hear some folks are having success with that!

EllenH 11-19-2006 09:41 AM

Possible brass embossing option

I suggested to my sister that she get one of the rubbery pads that Wizard is making to try with her brass stencils and Cuttlebug. I think I'll stop by the LSS later today and pick one up being that I have some amazing brass stencils I'm dying to try. It really doesn't have a name that is special, but you can see what it is that I'm referring to here at the Spellbinders site.

JulieHRR 11-19-2006 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leney
I have seen the Cuttlebug and I even bought one of the 4 embossing dies.
I do wish I'd gotten the A2 embossing die I wanted! Bought the Paper Shapers 1 1/8" circle punch. NEED it for the Circle Of Friendship stamp set. Thanks to Julie HRR!!! I have already been sold on the Big Shot. I even e-mailed hubby with the the link to costco.com and also the accessories at joanns.com. Thanks to once again to Julie HRR!!! Now by the time I get him to buy the Big Shot the extra accessories. Then all those adorable Cuttlebug dies and embossing folderswill be gone!!!! You guys will have bought them all!!! I hope that Roberts Crafts (aka Creative Express) will have them on the day after Thanksgiving. Michael's and JoAnn's both have had them for a few weeks!!!
I want the big Shot becuase I love the colors of blue & yellow! I don't need it to fold up. I have the Sizzix, Sidekick and the convertor and the adapters for the Sizzix and lots of Sixxiz dies, Sizzlets, Simple Impressions embossing folders and lots of Brass Templates. I even have a software program for Lasting Impressions that will print colors on cardstock from my printer to match their brass Templates. So I can't wait to try to use them in the Big Shot. I need to quit buying and hording and collecting and create with all the stuff I have!!! You are truly helping to enable my habit. Thanks a lot for all your help!!!

I sure do have fun finding the lastest gagdetsand embellishments to buy and have ready to use, though!!!!!!

Leney, the Big Shot is a *GREAT* machine. I think you'll love it!

The only reason I got a CB, is that it would save space on the countertop of my cutting station, which is rather small.

And, I'll admit, I've invested a lot in Sizzix and BS dies--there are a lot of them that are very utilitarian that CB hasn't even developed yet, so I'm thrilled over the cross compatibility of the two systems--it's the best possible scenario for the consumer because it gives us options and flexibility! ;)

mytime 11-19-2006 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllenH
I just wanted to share that you ALL MADE ME DO IT :D!!! I got my Cuttlebug yesterday - insert bouncing smilie face here!

I did a review on my blog as well - sharing what I have learned so far. Just click on the link below if you want to see what I have cut out so far :D OOOH it is addicting!

Ellen I'm sorry but you really need to quit directing people to your blog-

Now I not only need the cuttlebug machine, but that awful Creative Cuts machine too. Why are you doing this to me BEFORE Christmas?

JulieHRR 11-19-2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylorgrad
Darn you, Julie, you enabler! :twisted: Some of those are pretty darn cute...I might have to see where I can get a couple of those! I did get the Cut 'n Emboss snowflake die from Ellison Designs at my LSS today...*very* pretty!

I just stumbled across 'em, Kelly, when I was trying to find out info for that other gal, and thought, "Hmmmmm. Kelly might wanna check these out!"

They ARE pretty darn cute! I'm gonna give 'em an even closer look, as well!

But, I worry whether or not they'll work in the CB . . .

Unfortunately, we can't all buy it all, in order to test everything, so I'm lovin' that everybody who's got different things/different machines are all chiming in here so we can share and learn what's workin' and what's not.

So cool! :cool:

EllenH 11-19-2006 09:49 AM

I'm sorry Lauren - that was not my intent at all. It's just I LOVE GADGETS! Egads - I just can't get enough of them and these are over the top, waaaay cool gadgets - LOL!

Isn't it better before Christmas anyways - that way we can put them on our wish list. Oops, I guess I can't put them on mine being that I already fell off the edge with both of these :D

Oh we are all enablers aren't we?!?

JulieHRR 11-19-2006 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytime
Ellen I'm sorry but you really need to quit directing people to your blog-

Now I not only need the cuttlebug machine, but that awful Creative Cuts machine too. Why are you doing this to me BEFORE Christmas?

Geeze, Lauren, I think the answer is quite obvious: Santa needs to know precisely what to stuff your stockin' with!
Now he's got a very clear picture, eh?! http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...esssmileyf.gif

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...lmaosmiley.gif

mytime 11-19-2006 10:09 AM

Maybe I should drag out my sewing maching, dust it off, and make myself a large stocking so it will fit!
Then I'll send this link to Santa's elf Jason.
Ellen-now I need to know where I can send Santa's elf for this machine! Are you friends with an elf who may be able to give explicit directions?
Speaking of Cuttlebug I broke down and bought the Olivia aplhabet today. I'm a bad, bad, girl. As the magnet from Michaels just pulled my car into the parking lot as I was leaving the food store. It just so happened I had a coupon and saved $32!!! They tried to not let me use it, but after a embarassing "scene" I was told I could.

EllenH 11-19-2006 10:21 AM

LOL Lauren! I had the same experience at Michael's yesterday when purching the Cuttlebug - I just wouldn't leave :D I was very polite and diplomatic in my "educational" process regarding the manufacturer of the Cuttlebug. They all thought that the Cuttlebug was made by Cricut. HUH - it says Provocraft in big bold letters right there on the box. What a riot we are! I did try to educate them about the underground information circuit we share and that we DO know all the tidbits way early - snort!

Jessrose21 11-19-2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

LOL Lauren! I had the same experience at Michael's yesterday when purching the Cuttlebug - I just wouldn't leave :D I was very polite and diplomatic in my "educational" process regarding the manufacturer of the Cuttlebug. They all thought that the Cuttlebug was made by Cricut. HUH - it says Provocraft in big bold letters right there on the box. What a riot we are! I did try to educate them about the underground information circuit we share and that we DO know all the tidbits way early - snort!

"underground information circuit" ! Hah! That's just a fancy way of saying "that bunch of enablers" right? LOL! *double snort!*

EllenH 11-19-2006 10:36 AM

SNORT!!! I thought it was better than calling us "the mob" :D :D :D

lisahenke 11-19-2006 10:51 AM

Okay, I have been following this thread for the past couple of days and I finally figured out what to ask Santa for Christmas. Since no one will buy me stamps, I had to figure out something. This is perfect, but now I am wondering if I just need to go get this little "bugger" today. I already clipped my coupon to give to DH, but I just don't think he would be able to hold his own if they tell him he can't use the coupon. So... thanks to all of you, I think I need to go to M's today and then just ask Santa for the Dies for Christmas. It would be soooo bad of me, but at least I would be saving DH money because I would make sure they let me use the coupon!

Lori Lynn Washburn 11-19-2006 11:00 AM

Has anyone successfully ordered the cuddlebug from Joann's since Friday? Sounds like most places are making use of the coupon a hastle. :(

JulieHRR 11-19-2006 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytime
Speaking of Cuttlebug I broke down and bought the Olivia aplhabet today. I'm a bad, bad, girl. As the magnet from Michaels just pulled my car into the parking lot as I was leaving the food store.

Oh, but I have my eye on that alpha, too, Lauren!! It's so puuuur-deeee!!!! :grin:

Aaaah, the cursed Michael's magnet . . . LOL!

JulieHRR 11-19-2006 11:22 AM

Quote:

SNORT!!! I thought it was better than calling us "the mob" :D :D

What's wrong with "that motley enabling crew over on SCS?"

:confused:

I likey! ;)

Bwa ha haaaaaaaa!!!

lisahenke 11-19-2006 11:23 AM

I haven't even seen the machine listed on Joann's site since then. They are either sold out, or they pulled it from the site :confused: It just aggrivates me that these stores put out these coupons and list all these restrictions with them (and the cuttlebug isn't even listed as no-no).

mnhyrkas 11-19-2006 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisahenke
I already clipped my coupon to give to DH, but I just don't think he would be able to hold his own if they tell him he can't use the coupon.

Too funny! That's exactly why I bought a CB yesterday at M's, brought hubby with me to show him where to find all the accessories :wink: But I didnt get any hassle using the coupon anyways.

Has anyone seen a long platform avail for the CB? I dont think we'd be able to use the extended cut dies from Ellison
http://www.ellisondesign.com/default...t90Y6D3seNovLm

JulieHRR 11-19-2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Has anyone seen a long platform avail for the CB? I dont think we'd be able to use the extended cut dies from Ellison
http://www.ellisondesign.com/default...t90Y6D3seNovLm

Wouldn't the long platform from Ellison work perfectly fine in the CB? I would think it would cuz the only concern is the width of the feed! The BS platform and cutting plates are a smidge too wide to go through the CB, but other than that, they are identical to the same by CB.

Seeing how skinny the long platform is, it should bo through the CB no sweat and function exactly the same as it would if being used on the BS/SideKick, UKWIM?

mnhyrkas 11-19-2006 12:02 PM

your probably right Julie. Does the CB and the BG have the same distance in height between the rollers?

sunnysnowflake 11-19-2006 12:24 PM

I can't find the CB on joanns.com Has anyone ordered it there yet? Do you have the number for it?
Thanks!

JulieHRR 11-19-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

your probably right Julie. Does the CB and the BG have the same distance in height between the rollers?

I can't get close enough with the ruler on my BS, but the CB appears to be close to a 7/8" clearance, and the BS looks pretty much the same.

I would be willing to bet, they are very close, if not dead-on . . . hold on . . .

OK, I'm an idiot!!!

I just measured the depth of the standard BS White plaform + cutting pads and the standard CB white platform + cutting pads.

They are identical.

I believe the extended platform built for BS/Sidekick for extended cuts will function precisely the same on the CB. ;)
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/hi5.gif

JulieHRR 11-19-2006 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
I just measured the depth of the standard BS White plaform + cutting pads and the standard CB white platform + cutting pads.

They are identical.

I believe the extended platform built for BS/Sidekick for extended cuts will function precisely the same on the CB. ;)
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/hi5.gif

Mercy . . . are we in even deeper poo . . . :shock:

LMAO!!!

sunnysnowflake 11-19-2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnysnowflake
I can't find the CB on joanns.com Has anyone ordered it there yet? Do you have the number for it?
Thanks!

never mind, just called my Michaels and they have them in! woo hoo
I may have to put some makeup on and go use a coupon. Early Christmas to me :)

mrslaird 11-19-2006 01:01 PM

I'm trying to make cards today to justify my purchases, which include the Olivia alphabet. Sheesh.

EllenH 11-19-2006 01:46 PM

Olivia's in the house here too - bwaaaahhhaaaaha -she says with glee! But no pretty swirly flowers - wahhh I want more embossing plates.

boydsluver21 11-19-2006 02:23 PM

Just got one yesterday, the girl also said I couldn't use the coupon, but I told her my girlfriend just got one and to scan the coupon, the check out will take or not take it, and most likely, it will take it. So just tell her to try.

mrslaird 11-19-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Olivia's in the house here too - bwaaaahhhaaaaha -she says with glee! But no pretty swirly flowers - wahhh I want more embossing plates.

Me, too! JoAnn's is the only place in town so far with any Cuttlebug dies and they don't have them all. Grr. (Not that I have any money left to buy them anyway.)

sunnysnowflake 11-19-2006 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaird
Me, too! JoAnn's is the only place in town so far with any Cuttlebug dies and they don't have them all. Grr. (Not that I have any money left to buy them anyway.)

Neither Joanns or Michaels had the snowflakes emboss and I want that real bad for Christmas cards. Dang it! And I don't see it on Joanns.com I am just hoping they will get more options in their stores.

mytime 11-19-2006 02:36 PM

I can go to JoAnn's tomorrow, if anyone wants the flower embossing folder : ) I will see what they have.
However, I do not have a bunch of coupons for there-sorry! PM if you want me to look. BTW I have no idea why, but they are $14.99 at JoAnns. I will include a reciept with the purchase. Shipping should only cost the same as a letter or two-

Cat 11-19-2006 02:41 PM

Off topic a little

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessrose21
Aack! Thanks a lot, Anne! LOL! It's bad enough I'm on joann.com as we speak putting dies into my shopping cart. I call it "fantasy shopping." Do you know I got put in the free shipping club at joann because I bought so much stuff there this year? oops. :oops:

Jessica - have you ever heard of ebates.com? Ebates allows you to earn up to 25% rebates on items purchased on-line from participating retailers. They have hundreds of retailers, but Joann's provides a 6% rebate. Your rebate is automatic, if you access Joann's through Ebates, and WON'T impact any other promo codes (you can still use those!)

If you tell them I referred you, we both get $5 additional rebate dollars (send me a PM for my email addy if you're interested). Or, you can just go to their site and sign up.

I've actually earned $50 in rebates since signing up. I donate the money to my cancer walks.

HTHs.

Cat 11-19-2006 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boydsluver21
Just got one yesterday, the girl also said I couldn't use the coupon, but I told her my girlfriend just got one and to scan the coupon, the check out will take or not take it, and most likely, it will take it. So just tell her to try.

I had the same experience when I went to buy mine. She said "sorry, you can't use a coupon on this", and I said "it's not the Cricut". She checked the coupon and realized it didn't say the Cuttlebug was excluded... and marked it down 40%! She let me use coupons on a die set and embossing folder. AND she said I could use as many coupons as I had as long as they were all different (ie: newspaper, email, mailed flyer).

JulieHRR 11-19-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaird
I'm trying to make cards today to justify my purchases, which include the Olivia alphabet. Sheesh.

If it's not too much trouble, can you describe the dimensions of the letters?

I wish they'd list them at the site, and I can't figure out why they don't! :(

I'd like to get at least ONE of the CB alphas, but not until I know what the size is, as that will probably determine whether or not I'll actually use it, UKWIM?

No rush, just if and when you have time! I know what it's like when you're in the middle of a creative frenzy! :grin:

Susannk 11-19-2006 02:45 PM

I have the Baby Face and the Your not the boss of me alphabet. The Olivia is the next one on my list. My oldest daughter is Olivia. I think I "need" one of the embossing backgrounds too. Heck I think I "need" it all. :)
Oh Santa I have been a very good girl!
One question though can I use the sissix dies with it? Not the alphabet but I saw some by the Doodlebug company that I liked but didn't own a sissix machine. Also if they work do I need something different like an adapter? I don't know if this was answered already but I didn't want to go through the whole thread again. Thanks

Cat 11-19-2006 02:46 PM

Quote:

Thanks!

For some reason, their search engine isn't working correctly. You have to use the links (card making, diecut machines, cuttlebug).

Looks like they're out of stock. What with all the cuttlebug, er.. I mean, scuttlebutt on these boards, I'm not surprised :)

sunnysnowflake 11-19-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat
For some reason, their search engine isn't working correctly. You have to use the links (card making, diecut machines, cuttlebug).

Looks like they're out of stock. What with all the cuttlebug, er.. I mean, scuttlebutt on these boards, I'm not surprised :)

I will have to try again later - not that later will help LOL

And speaking of ebates, I used to use it and it is totally awesome but DH lovingly installed some sort of antivirus or something similar and it wiped out the ebates info so I can't use it anymore. It is totally awesome though and I would highly recommend it and just watch your spy stuff and make sure it doens't get sucked out.

sunnysnowflake 11-19-2006 02:55 PM

waaaaa, just opened it and no instructions!

JulieHRR 11-19-2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

waaaaa, just opened it and no instructions!

Have you tried watching the video demos at www.provocraft.com

They might help! ?