Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-05-2016, 07:57 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Questions about the Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens

I have been trying to decide if I want to purchase these markers for about a year. They are fairly expensive and I have many coloring mediums, but I am still considering purchasing a set. I finally found a color chart that lists which colors are included in each set. At first I thought I should just go with a basic set of 12, but the thought of needing to pay the high price of individual markers, should I want to purchase additional colors, has me rethinking this idea. I think I would like to go with the set of 48 because many of the colors included in this set are my kind of colors. I know I don't want the set of 60. It includes fluorescents and they are not my thing.

I am looking for some answers from those of you who have been using them for awhile, for the following questions.

* Do you love them and are you happy you made this purchase?

* Are the pens still going strong or are any of them starting to wear out?

* What size set did you buy? Are you happy with the size of your set? Why or why not?

* What is a good price to pay for the set of 48 and where have you found good deals?

* Any other thoughts????

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2016, 08:33 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out Jennifer McGuire's video for her opinion

2 Videos: Clean Color Real Brush Markers + Giveaway! - Jennifer McGuire Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2016, 10:42 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the set of 24 and really they have most of the colors I would ever need. I got them on Amazon when they were a pretty hot item and paid a lot. I think you can do munch better now. I have since discovered that water coloring is not my thing. Love the examples I've seen from others but I stink at it. I tried distress inks, spectrum noir Aqua, and the Zig. Of all of them, I like the Zig by far the best. They blend well and are easy to use. I don't think you will be disapppointed
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2016, 04:44 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Thanks so much for your thoughts! I think Jennifer's videos are great...her advice is always valuable. Thanks again!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2016, 05:02 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought the set of 48 on Amazon because I knew 12 would not be enough for me (the set of 12 Inktense Pencils so not enough colors!) but the cost of 60 seemed too much. I have enjoyed using them but I haven't used them a lot. I downloaded Jennifer McQuire's chart and printed it on watercolor paper. It is a great tool for helping me decide which colors to use. I did buy one extra marker...Sugared Almond Pink because Jennifer suggested using it for coloring faces. The markers are easy to use. I can leave the color as is or go over it with a water brush.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2016, 01:26 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I bought the 24 because it really had most of the colors I was interested in. I added a couple as singles that I wanted. I've enjoyed them but know that paper makes a huge difference. If I had started with card stock and even (cheap) marker paper, I'd have been disappointed. I had a pad of watercolor paper from Michaels. Stamped in that, colored and was impressed with myself. Luckily that was the first paper I tried.

I use a plastic lid from a quart yogurt container to sometimes put color on, then pick up with a brush to get lighter shades. It's white which I needed instead of clear so an acrylic block wouldn't work for me, I just do this as I watch/listen to tv so I don't have many things in front of me on the coffee table.( the marker box is under the table and only the few markers I'm using are on top.

I really like Jennifer mcguires approach to emboss the stamped image then color when I want to control the placement of the color. I've especially enjoyed coloring the crazy birds but I also have a large Indian elephant and some large backgrounds that are Indian motifs. Sometimes I like the results a lot better when I look at them the next day. I've been brave enough to show coworkers and they asked if they could have what I was showing them so I think they really liked them too.

Get them and play. I don't regret doing so. I debated for months and finally decided to just do it.

Barb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2016, 01:38 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These are water-based, so no odor, right? Not like alcohol markers? Like using a Marvy or a Distress marker (odor wise).

The smell of alcohol markers bugs me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Water based, no odor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2016, 05:38 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Carpe Diem Markers had them on sale after Christmas for $2.29 each. And they are on sale again. I decided to buy Jennifer McGuire's favorite colors individually. Free shipping $35 and over. Great service. Sign up and they send emails about all their sales.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2016, 07:07 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

Thanks for all the information!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2016, 07:24 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Went and looked on Amazon and a few (very few) complained of them drying out quickly. Anyone have any trouble with this? And can anyone tell me if they last a reasonable amount of time, or do you use up the ink quickly? (Obviously this would depend on how much you used them, but some markers seem to empty out faster than others.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2016, 08:28 AM   #12  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

* Do you love them and are you happy you made this purchase? I feel like I wasted $. The big attraction for me was the brush tip but I find it's very hard to control in tight spots.

* Are the pens still going strong or are any of them starting to wear out? After a year they are going strong but then I don't use them very often. Some of the colors are just too weak to show up.

* What size set did you buy? Are you happy with the size of your set? Why or why not? Set of 24; glad I didn't buy a bigger set since I don't care for them.

* Any other thoughts???? I feel like I allowed myself to be enabled because of the reviews. I have other watercolor mediums I like a lot better. When I showed them to my stamping buddies they also felt the brush tip was too hard to control.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2016, 10:02 AM   #13  
Glitter Guru

Thanks for your impressions, stamphappy. I am still really considering them because I have done and do a lot of work with a small brush and I think I'll be comfortable with these. I like that they are fluid from the get-go, unlike my Inktense of WC pencils which are not, and if you want them to be you have to work off a palette. They seem to allow for very vivid coloring, which you don't get with WC pencils (and you don't always want, to be honest), and also for a softer, lighter look (which to my mind is the downside of Inktense, they are very saturated colors and there are not many pale shades).

I looked at them on Dick Blick, and they are charging 39 plus change for the 12 set, while that much will get you the 24 on Amazon. Have those who ordered off Amazon been happy with the product? I order a LOT of stuff from Amazon, but they are a string of gynormous warehouses, and there are some things I hesitate to order from them. I don't want to get a set that has been sitting around forever and dried out, or comes from a vendor who doesn't specialize in art supplies and doesn't store them correctly.

Any input on where you got your markers would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2016, 03:08 PM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Marker Supply has a sale on a set of 12 for $20.99:

ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Set of 12 - Special

This is where I got mine, and received excellent service & quick shipping. I think they have enough turnaround that you don't have to worry about getting a dried-out set.

That being said, I didn't like the pens. I could have written stamphappy1650's reply almost word for word, except for wasted money because I sold mine. In my opinion, they are over-rated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2016, 03:10 PM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I couldn't find what colors were in the 12 or 24 packs, so I went to their website and emailed the company. I got a brief response to the colors included in one set and that's all. Not what I wanted, so I got individual colors at Carpe Diem Markers online for $2.29 each. Got some great colors for $50.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2016, 05:39 AM   #16  
Glitter Guru

Thanks for that link, Linda.

I've heard what people don't like about them, anyone out there to give a positive review? Or respond to what other's didn't like?

I am on the fence. I watched Jennifer McGuire's video and a few others and they seem very different from anything I've used.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2016, 05:40 AM   #17  
Crimping Master

Hmmmm, more to think about. Thanks for your honest comments!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2016, 08:15 AM   #18  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,909 Likes on 2,180 Posts

I agree with stamp happy and Linda. I only bought a set of 12 but I rarely use them. Maybe if I had other stamps by most of the stamps I have work better with other water coloring techniques. These markers are OK, except that black is so black and brown looks more orangish than brown. The other colors are OK. I will use them from time to time because I don't want to waste money.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2016, 08:29 AM   #19  
Glitter Guru

Currently I am using only pencils. Watercolor and Inktense. But I think my obsession with the Zigs is that it looks like you can get Copic-like results with them. I would learn to use Copics in a heartbeat if they were an option for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2016, 10:03 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I absolutely love my real brush markers. They are the only thing I use to watercolor since I got them. In fact, I use them more than my copics for coloring now. I feel like I am in much better control with these than other watercolor mediums where I was always getting too much water or something. And after a little practice, I feel I have good control in tight areas as well. I love how they blend on watercolor paper too, something I always struggled with before.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2016, 10:40 AM   #21  
Stampin' Fool

I love watercoloring...... When I use markers, I seem to go to my Zig markers. I have them all! and none have run out yet! I prefer them over the Aqua Markers, and even seem to grab them over my Distress markers! I use them both by coloring on the paper and on a white tile and putting the color to paper. I love the results, and get lots of comments on my cards. The color is a beautiful translucent look. They are so easy to use, and the fine tip lets me do detail work on my stamped images. I'm happy with my purchase.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2016, 10:52 AM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looked the other day and another source to buy the Zig Clean Brush is OOZAK. I have the set of 12 and do really enjoy using them. I either use direct to the paper or sometimes pick up with a water brush from a palette. I have a couple of other colors I would like so was looking for a source that sells them reasonable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2016, 11:00 AM   #23  
Glitter Guru

I went and ordered the 12 set from Marker Supply. Twenty bucks to answer what would be an endless stream of questions here. Ten minutes after I get them, I'll know if they're anything I want to invest in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2016, 10:53 AM   #24  
Glitter Guru

Update: Got the 12 set, played for half an hour and ordered the 48 set.

The brush feels very natural to me.

I am going to watch those Jennifer McGuire videos to learn how to use them. I even bought that same bird stamp so I can copy her exactly. There's always a learning curve, but I'm motivated to work at these.

They were spendy. I don't care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2016, 12:14 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
Update: Got the 12 set, played for half an hour and ordered the 48 set.

The brush feels very natural to me.

I am going to watch those Jennifer McGuire videos to learn how to use them. I even bought that same bird stamp so I can copy her exactly. There's always a learning curve, but I'm motivated to work at these.

They were spendy. I don't care.
exactly what happened to me, except I got the set of 60 after trying them out!

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2016, 03:56 PM   #26  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I got the 12 marker set - wish I had more colors - but my question has to do with storage. Anyone storing them tip down?!?!?!?!?

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2016, 06:07 PM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

You guys realize that there are 80 colors, right? 20 of which have to be bought separately.

Cathy, I store my Wink of Stella pen brush-tip up, and if I had kept my markers, I would have done the same. They are made the same way, and I don't think it would take but a couple of scribbles to get them flowing properly again. I would rather do that than have the ink puddle up in the barrel next to the tip. Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2016, 06:18 PM   #28  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Store the Zig Real Brush horizontally.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2016, 06:39 PM   #29  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok. I'll go with horizontal - like all of my other markers (most, anyway)

Thanks!

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2016, 08:42 AM   #30  
Glitter Guru

Okay - so here's what happened. I got my set of 20, played around a bit, got excited but the vibrancy of the colors and the ease of working with the brush tip, ordered the 48 set, that was a Saturday.

Sunday I tried to follow along with Jennifer McGuire and I found I was having a hard time getting the ink to move. I would put it down on the image (yes, I was using watercolor paper) and then work with my water brush and the ink would spread out but I'd still see that original line.

Panicked! Cancelled my 48 set order. Not buying more until I know how to use the ones I have.

What happened? Has anyone had this experience? I expected to be able to lay down a line of color and blend it out into an area of color, the first of Jennifer McG's six techniques on the video. Very surprised that it didn't work as I expected. Can someone weigh in here? I would like to be able to use these markers, but only if I can use them as I saw them used on the video.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2016, 09:10 AM   #31  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Okay - so here's what happened. I got my set of 20, played around a bit, got excited but the vibrancy of the colors and the ease of working with the brush tip, ordered the 48 set, that was a Saturday.

Sunday I tried to follow along with Jennifer McGuire and I found I was having a hard time getting the ink to move. I would put it down on the image (yes, I was using watercolor paper) and then work with my water brush and the ink would spread out but I'd still see that original line.

Panicked! Cancelled my 48 set order. Not buying more until I know how to use the ones I have.

What happened? Has anyone had this experience? I expected to be able to lay down a line of color and blend it out into an area of color, the first of Jennifer McG's six techniques on the video. Very surprised that it didn't work as I expected. Can someone weigh in here? I would like to be able to use these markers, but only if I can use them as I saw them used on the video.
That should have been set of 12, not 20. I got the 12 set initially.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2016, 12:34 PM   #32  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Thanks for your impressions, stamphappy. I am still really considering them because I have done and do a lot of work with a small brush and I think I'll be comfortable with these. I like that they are fluid from the get-go, unlike my Inktense of WC pencils which are not, and if you want them to be you have to work off a palette. They seem to allow for very vivid coloring, which you don't get with WC pencils (and you don't always want, to be honest), and also for a softer, lighter look (which to my mind is the downside of Inktense, they are very saturated colors and there are not many pale shades).

I looked at them on Dick Blick, and they are charging 39 plus change for the 12 set, while that much will get you the 24 on Amazon. Have those who ordered off Amazon been happy with the product? I order a LOT of stuff from Amazon, but they are a string of gynormous warehouses, and there are some things I hesitate to order from them. I don't want to get a set that has been sitting around forever and dried out, or comes from a vendor who doesn't specialize in art supplies and doesn't store them correctly.

Any input on where you got your markers would be appreciated.
Just a note on ordering from Amazon - one of my many sources!!! I wouldn't worry about ordering from them just because they are a "warehouse" type source. With the millions of consumers who order from them, and the number who are "Prime" members, I doubt most product sits on their shelves for any length of time, especially popular crafting items. I think that is partially the reason for the rise in cost, we buy them out, the next shipment goes up due to demand!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2016, 03:57 PM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

Re Amazon: that used to be the first place I looked for certain items. Not any more. They very seldom have the best prices anymore. And with the multitude of sellers on there now, you really have to read the fine print and NOT make any assumptions. I had put Speedball brayers in my cart for that fresco paint, Robin. The very next day they had almost doubled in price. I'm on there a lot because where I work has a business account with Amazon, and I do all the purchasing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2016, 05:23 AM   #34  
Glitter Guru

Thanks for that, Linda.

Here's something I wanted to post: I have been playing with my 12 set, trying to decide whether to re-order a bigger set. I was struggling with getting good blends. And I was using watercolor paper - I use Aquarelle hot press paper with both my Inktense and watercolor pencils, so that's what I was using to practice. Apparently, the type of watercolor paper makes a difference, since I switched out to some plain old Canson cold press and, bazinga, everything started working as I had expected.

It's like the ink soaks into the Aquarelle too fast and you can see the lines, the ink doesn't move well.

Jennifer McGguire uses Ranger WC paper, so I ordered some. My Canson is too toothy for anything but an outline stamp (even using a MISTI). So I'm going to give those papers a try and see what I can stamp on them. If I am able to get a good image on them with more of my stamps, I will think about getting the 48 set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2016, 05:37 AM   #35  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Thanks for that, Linda.

It's like the ink soaks into the Aquarelle too fast and you can see the lines, the ink doesn't move well.
I didn't care for the lack of blending ability with just using the brushes. It was like the brushes were not wet enough. When I blended using an aquabrush there was too much water. The best blending result was using a regular paint brush and water, which IMHO defeats the purpose of the Zig brush with ink. Another option is to wet the watercolor first then paint but that is not my preferred method unless I'm doing a watercolor wash.

Since I already have the brushes, I color onto a tile a then pick up the color with the regular paint brush. Once the Zigs are dry I won't replace them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2016, 06:27 AM   #36  
Glitter Guru

What kind of watercolor paper were you using? I was surprised at the improvement when I switched from one type to another. Suddenly the blending was easy, just as in the video.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2016, 09:53 AM   #37  
Glitter Guru

Default Some info on where to buy these markers -

I was on Amazon, looking at the 60 set, and I scrolled down and read all the questions. (I love that questions feature, good for Amazon). Some people asked about the fact that their marker sets had come with the markers unwrapped. The vendor replied:

Originally this item was sold individually only and wrapped one by one. When they started to sell 60 colors/set, they just picked up colors and put in a case. That's why some people got the one individually wrapped.
But recently they changed to eco-friendly wrapping and stopped wrapping individually.
They don't wrap the markers individually any more, the cases neither.
So we guess the buyer who got unwrapped one were actually getting newer ones.
We've also heard that some cases were wrapped, we guess some sellers are wrapping for buyers on their own because Kuretake doesn't wrap the case.
We see many people are concerned about this wrapping issue and we hope this could be helpful for buyers.
p.s. we, happydropsjapan sell the one not wrapped individually

This vendor states that this is from a statement from the manufacturer. I was not convinced.

First I called Marker Supply and asked them if their set markers were individually wrapped. They said that theirs were.

Then I called Kuretake here in the US. I was told that the markers should be individually wrapped, whether they are purchased individually or in a set, and that Kuretake has now started putting a red seal on their sets to mark them as bona fide product.

Further, I was told that the only way to know you for sure that you are getting the actual Zig marker is to buy from a vendor that buys directly from Kuretake. Marker Supply (Durable Supply) is such a vendor. Anything that is sold from Amazon through an Amazon marketplace vendor, Kuretake cannot guarantee. They also cannot they address/rectify any problems a buyer would have with the markers.

Those of you who know me know that if I have a question I do not think twice about going straight to companies and manufacturers about their products.

Since I did call Kuretake, and I did get the above info, I felt I it was only fair to share it here. That way that people can make informed decisions, whatever they decide. ;)!

Last edited by Rachelrose; 02-26-2016 at 09:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2016, 11:25 AM   #38  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

Ok. I was really thinking about these pens. Then I changed my mind. Every time I see someone using them, I think "I should just get those". So, essentially I'm totally indecisive. And easily influenced.

BUT...When I really use my head (novel idea!) I tell myself, "Look, self. You have hundreds of dollars invested in an outstanding collection of tube watercolors, and top quality brushes, and classes. Why aren't you using those????" Saves me a bunch of money if I just stop and think!

I need to stop watching those videos!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2016, 11:29 AM   #39  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

Thanks, Robin, for the investigation. It's nice to know when there might be a problem with pirating.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2016, 11:43 AM   #40  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I was on Amazon, looking at the 60 set, and I scrolled down and read all the questions. (I love that questions feature, good for Amazon). Some people asked about the fact that their marker sets had come with the markers unwrapped. The vendor replied:

Originally this item was sold individually only and wrapped one by one. When they started to sell 60 colors/set, they just picked up colors and put in a case. That's why some people got the one individually wrapped.
But recently they changed to eco-friendly wrapping and stopped wrapping individually.
They don't wrap the markers individually any more, the cases neither.
So we guess the buyer who got unwrapped one were actually getting newer ones.
We've also heard that some cases were wrapped, we guess some sellers are wrapping for buyers on their own because Kuretake doesn't wrap the case.
We see many people are concerned about this wrapping issue and we hope this could be helpful for buyers.
p.s. we, happydropsjapan sell the one not wrapped individually

This vendor states that this is from a statement from the manufacturer. I was not convinced.

First I called Marker Supply and asked them if their set markers were individually wrapped. They said that theirs were.

Then I called Kuretake here in the US. I was told that the markers should be individually wrapped, whether they are purchased individually or in a set, and that Kuretake has now started putting a red seal on their sets to mark them as bona fide product.

Further, I was told that the only way to know you for sure that you are getting the actual Zig marker is to buy from a vendor that buys directly from Kuretake. Marker Supply (Durable Supply) is such a vendor. Anything that is sold from Amazon through an Amazon marketplace vendor, Kuretake cannot guarantee. They also cannot they address/rectify any problems a buyer would have with the markers.

Those of you who know me know that if I have a question I do not think twice about going straight to companies and manufacturers about their products.

Since I did call Kuretake, and I did get the above info, I felt I it was only fair to share it here. That way that people can make informed decisions, whatever they decide. ;)!
I just purchased the 60 marker set off of Amazon for $95 (Love them by the way!!!) I was surprised to see that they were not individually wrapped like I had always heard they would be. I saw the questions and answers section on Amazon that Robin refers to in her post and like her, I was concerned so today I called Kuretake here in the US. Their response to me was that the NO LONGER individually wrap the markers but that they do place the red sticker on the outside of the box. I am eager to get home this evening to see if my box has the sticker - I believe it does.

Kuretake did tell me that Amazon is not an authorized dealer so they don't guarantee items purchased through them. I'm not concerned though - like I said earlier, I love the markers and they don't look like they were previously used and they do blend very nicely. I can not see myself EVER paying $200+ for a set of 60 markers like I see they are being sold on other websites. I'm very satisfied with my $95 purchase price and will purchase another set when these run out as long as I can purchase them for a reasonable price.

My response to the OP's questions:

Do you love them and are you happy you made this purchase? Yes, I'm not a very skilled at water coloring but I found it very easy to blend and shade my stamped images. I have tried to do the same thing with my inktense pencils, but just can't get the same result. I have been using Copic markers for years but I think working with the Zig markers was much easier! I do love my copics though!

* Are the pens still going strong or are any of them starting to wear out? I just got them the other day so it's too early for me to respond to this question.

* What size set did you buy? Are you happy with the size of your set? Why or why not? I got the 60 marker set because I could afford to when purchasing from Amazon - I would not get the 60 marker set for $200 though. I am very happy with the colors included in my set and find that I'll probably WILL use most of the colors. There have been times that I purchased entire sets of markers only to find I only use a select few - not the case this time though!

* What is a good price to pay for the set of 48 and where have you found good deals?Not sure

* Any other thoughts???? I am surprised to see as many negatives reviews as I see on this post. I really do think everyone has their personal preferences and it's hard to get everyone to agree on a product. Since you are on the fence about purchasing the markers, maybe it's best you just buy a few individual markers or the 12 set to see how you feel about the product.

Good Luck to you and Happy Crafting
Reply With Quote Likes