Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cutter Bee piercing bugs (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cutter-bee-piercing-bugs-273056/)

humanclay 07-28-2007 08:17 PM

Cutter Bee piercing bugs

I can't for the life of me guide these buggers straight! Any tips or tricks I should know? I just got them today and I have already wasted soooo much paper-LOL!

Pam

Barbie 50 07-28-2007 09:43 PM

Try this:

http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/videos/

When the videos start to play you will see a list of videos available to your right. Its on the one that says Quick faux stitching with Cutterbees.

I believe she used a ruler to guide them on the paper.

HTH

Barbie 50 07-28-2007 09:45 PM

I just tried it, thats where I saw it. You have to hold your mouse over the bottom of the list of videos and you will see them as they start to scroll down.

humanclay 07-29-2007 08:20 AM

That's great! Thank you!
Pam

buggainok 07-29-2007 11:05 AM

I am pretty handy with my hands and have a good eye, but I couldn't get the hang of using these.

I returned them and now I use the SU Mat pack guide and a piercing tool. I like it so much better.

Stamp Happy Susie 07-29-2007 12:41 PM

I use my acrylic ruler... it's pretty thick and it works every time.

palval77 08-19-2007 06:50 AM

Oh no! I just got these but haven't used them yet!

stamp300 08-19-2007 09:38 AM

I just got these as well. I tried them, went crooked...maybe I'll get the hang of it because they're so cute. I doubt that HL would take them back anyways since I used my 40% coupon to buy these.

Connie

buggainok 08-19-2007 11:31 AM

I return things that I got with a coupon at Hobby Lobby. As long as you have your receipt, you're okay. Of course, they will refund back the discounted price.

I've done this at Michaels, too.

Can you say.....She can't make up her mind?:mrgreen:

okstamper 08-19-2007 02:13 PM

I bought these cute little things myself. Had a few problems too. I firgured it out by using a ruler and having the bee right up against the ruler, time consuming but it works...just even out the ruler to the edge of the paper, hold the bee next to the ruler...and you should be ok....then punch out the tiny holes with a piercing tool..simple but time consuming!

Bonnie

princess4101 08-19-2007 04:02 PM

ues them??? they are so cute and PINK... I just bought them to HAVE them!

JulieHRR 08-19-2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okstamper (Post 6901126)
I bought these cute little things myself. Had a few problems too. I firgured it out by using a ruler and having the bee right up against the ruler, time consuming but it works...just even out the ruler to the edge of the paper, hold the bee next to the ruler...and you should be ok....then punch out the tiny holes with a piercing tool..simple but time consuming!

Bonnie

Bonnie, do you mean that you hafta go back and pierce the holes by hand, anyway???? :confused: It's not a one-step process?

SouthernStorm 08-19-2007 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR (Post 6903307)
Bonnie, do you mean that you hafta go back and pierce the holes by hand, anyway???? :confused: It's not a one-step process?

I had the same question, Julie. I've been wondering about them. Reckon its cause the Cutterbee holes are too tiny? If so, I'll just stick with my needle tool and X-stitch plastic.

SouthernStorm 08-19-2007 07:23 PM

Duh, sorry... make that...
X-stitch plastic canvas. I have 3 sizes (holes per inch) plus I broke down and bought the big circular plastic canvas. They work GREAT!!

okstamper 08-19-2007 07:38 PM

Julie,

Yes, you would have to punch the holes, because the Cutter Bee doesnt go all the way thru the paper. It just makes a dent in the paper, where you would pierce the remaining...make sure you hold the ruler steady, so the holes from the Cutter Bee arent crooked.. good luck...

Bonnie

milwaukite 08-19-2007 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okstamper (Post 6904293)
Julie,

Yes, you would have to punch the holes, because the Cutter Bee doesnt go all the way thru the paper. It just makes a dent in the paper, where you would pierce the remaining...make sure you hold the ruler steady, so the holes from the Cutter Bee arent crooked.. good luck...

Bonnie

What kind of surface are you putting your paper on when you use the bees? Mine punches through the paper all the way. I put my paper on a computer mouse pad so there is something soft underneath and it pokes right through, no prob.

okstamper 08-19-2007 08:01 PM

TAC Angel #3543:

Hmmm, I will try it that way then. I was just using my work space with my paper is all. But will try your idea..Thanks for the tip!

Bonnie

stamp300 08-19-2007 08:01 PM

You're right about that because I did it without something underneath my paper and now I have a row of dots on my dining room table.

Cconnie

milwaukite 08-19-2007 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okstamper (Post 6904524)
TAC Angel #3543:

Hmmm, I will try it that way then. I was just using my work space with my paper is all. But will try your idea..Thanks for the tip!

Bonnie

You're welcome! Hope that helps.

JulieHRR 08-19-2007 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milwaukite (Post 6904372)
What kind of surface are you putting your paper on when you use the bees? Mine punches through the paper all the way. I put my paper on a computer mouse pad so there is something soft underneath and it pokes right through, no prob.

Aaaaah, OK! I see what you mean! Now, I hafta put 'em BACK on da' shoppin' list! LOL!

JulieHRR 08-19-2007 08:43 PM

Thank you!

milwaukite 08-19-2007 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR (Post 6904887)
Thank you!

You're welcome!

Bubink 08-20-2007 09:23 AM

I bought these lil' cuties last weekend and just love them!! I use the soft side of a mouse pad under the paper and a heavy acrylic ruler to guide them and have had no problem!! Pretty rows of perferation poked to perfection!! I got them with a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby and it was definitely worth the $5 plus change it cost me!

humanclay 08-20-2007 09:40 AM

That's what I'm doing now and I'm finally getting the hang of it!

Pam

g33kgr1 08-20-2007 06:24 PM

Thanks for the chatter everyone! I was considering putting these on my shopping list (I have an Archiver's that is opening in my area this Friday!) and I knew if I looked there would be a "review" on SCS about them!