Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Crop-a-dile question (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/crop-dile-question-373246/)

Turkey1969 08-13-2008 06:18 PM

Crop-a-dile question

One of the reasons I don't use more eyelets is because I hate it when they are flattened when I use my traditional hammer and setter. Does the crop-a-dile flatten eyelets as well or does the cushion thingy help keep the eyelet shape??

RiverIsis 08-13-2008 06:20 PM

Mine keeps the eyelet shape, however, there is a "touch" with it. Although I haven't done it apparently you can over do it. I just go gently until I think it is set... you can always put it back and add more pressure.

Turkey1969 08-13-2008 06:34 PM

That's what I was hoping you would say! I really need a good reason to get one - and ugly flat eyelets are driving me crazy!

Maudhuit 08-14-2008 08:50 AM

Yeah, you do have to practice with it a bit -- if you squeeze too hard, your eyelets will flatten like with a hammer. If you use a lighter touch though, they turn out perfect. I love my Crop-A-Dile!

tchk 08-14-2008 06:26 PM

My biggest problem with the Crop-o-dile is I seem to have a mental block about figuring out turning those cubes to the right combo. And, I ended up with flattened eyelets. Would love to use it but it just sits and I'm back to old faithful- the Silent Setter. Hope I can see someone use that darn thing one of these days so I can figure it out!

jellybean74 08-14-2008 08:22 PM

I have no problem with my cropadile and using eyelets.

Mom2AngelJocelyn 08-14-2008 10:53 PM

i love my crop a dile it only cost me 14$ at michaels but yes DO NOT squeeze to hard or it will flatten ur eyelet

GreenDragonLady 08-15-2008 04:54 AM

Here's a chart that shows the combinations. You can write the combos on your eyelet case so it's always handy:

Settings

tropicallady 08-17-2008 01:45 PM

favorite

The Crop a Dile and the Crop a Dile Big Bite are my favorite tools!

Stamp_rack04 10-26-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenDragonLady (Post 10941629)
Here's a chart that shows the combinations. You can write the combos on your eyelet case so it's always handy:

Settings

Thanks for the instructions!

pjw2855 10-27-2008 04:24 AM

With either Crop-a-Dile there is a chance of squashing the eyelets. I found that this is caused by one of two reasons. Either the eyelets are the cheap metal ones or the user has not used the proper setting.

I did a demo on the Big Bite on Saturday and found it to be a bit easier to use than the smaller one. It also has very good instructions in the package that tell you which settings to use based on the type of eyelet, grommet, snap, etc. you are using. If you use the proper setting, you won't squish the embellishment.

Big Bite has ruler so you can be very specific as to where you are placing your item on your card or page. Also since it can sit on the table top, it leaves your hands free to hold paper. I found that to make it much easier than balancing the eyelet or whatever with one hand while trying to hold my project with the other (using the smaller Crop-a-Dile).

I would certainly caution that when purchasing either item that you keep all the packaging that's in English. Just trash the hard plastic packaging.

Prices do vary greatly with the Big Bite depending on which store you choose. But you can use a coupon for it at AC Moore, Michaels and JoAnns. Don't know about the other stores since I don't have those in my area.

Patti