Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Crop a dile Big Bite question (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/crop-dile-big-bite-question-390984/)

Cathy H 10-17-2008 05:56 PM

Crop a dile Big Bite question

3 questions
1 Does anyone else hate this dang thing?
2 Does anyone have the directions (I have misplaced mine and can't figure it out!!)
3 For anyone who has the directions, where do you keep them or what is your system so that you can figure out how to use it?

Thanks!!!

GarnetJ 10-17-2008 06:35 PM

I don't have one, but perhaps you can download the instructions from their website and save them in your computer.

Skippet 10-17-2008 10:23 PM

I've hated this thing ever since I struggled for what seemed like hours to just get it out of the package. I have yet to be able to set an eyelet or gromlet that isn't horribly uneven or else smashed to smithereens. It's become a door stop for my craft room door.

I did check the manufacturer's web site to see if maybe they had modified instructions since it seems like a lot of people have trouble with it. Unfortunately the manufacturer's web site directions aren't helpful. They refer you to the package instructions.

I'll check to see if I can locate the directions insert that came with it for you.

Skippet 10-17-2008 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippet (Post 11733180)
I'll check to see if I can locate the directions insert that came with it for you.

Found them. I keep a lettersize file folder stored with my cardstock and put the directions for my tools and sandwich recipies for my bug in it.

Because the instruction sheet was folded into 16ths by the manufacturer, I can't get a good scan, but if you pm your adddress, I'd be happy to send it to you.

Colleen

wdiosa 10-17-2008 11:18 PM

I've never had any problem using it, but I don't use it very often. It's pretty bulky so I only use it when I need to punch or set in the middle of a page or in something really thick. I think overall I do like it, I just don't need it too much. :) I don't remember even having instructions in mine. I'm sure there were, but....

wdiosa 10-17-2008 11:18 PM

I've never had any problem using it, but I don't use it very often. It's pretty bulky so I only use it when I need to punch or set in the middle of a page or in something really thick. I think overall I do like it, I just don't need it too much. :) I don't remember even having instructions in mine. I'm sure there were, but....

Stamp_rack04 10-17-2008 11:19 PM

hmmmm. I need the directions too. WOuld ironing the paper help?

wdiosa 10-17-2008 11:20 PM

wdiosa 10-17-2008 11:20 PM

Stamp_rack04 10-17-2008 11:21 PM

hmmmm. I need the directions too. WOuld ironing the paper help?

wdiosa 10-17-2008 11:23 PM

OH MY GOSH! I didn't mean for my reply to post like 37 times! So sorry!!

LeslieS 10-18-2008 12:28 AM

I hate mine! I have the instructions, so if anyone wants to PM their snail address I will copy them and send them out.

Cathy H 10-18-2008 02:41 PM

I am somehow feeling a little better knowing that I'm not the ONLY one who has issues with it. . .
Thanks to all of you who have responded

mistyleach 10-19-2008 07:22 AM

yeah i wish i had started with just the lil guy. i really have no need for the big bite but figured i had the 40 percent off coupon, go for it. Now I really wish i had the little handheld one.
i used one at a crop and it's so much easier in every way.

although i did just punch a 3/16 hole thru about 100 3x5 cards for my son, not sure i could have done that with anything else. and it will punch thru leather like for a belt or things like that.

Just trying to look on the bright side!

lol
Misty

Cathy H 10-19-2008 11:45 AM

Misty, I'm with you totally. It's kind of hard to justify getting the small one - but that's what I want right now!!!!

Cook22 10-19-2008 12:31 PM

I started with the small one and then got the big one - and I use both regularly. The small one is better for getting into awkward places, but I love the way the big one sits on the table.
Where do I keep the instructions? My PC is on my work table, and the monitor is on a little stand which raises it up to a good height for looking at; the stand has a drawer underneath for important things like my book of website passwords, corner rounder punches, small CAD and instructions for both. And it has little arms that hold the keyboard upright when I want the table clear.

Cathy H 10-19-2008 01:22 PM

Sounds like a good system. . .

Silly Princess 12-29-2008 10:14 PM

Wow I thought I was the only one who's had an issue with this...I DO love being able to set eyelets without having to find the hammer and start banging away, but the thing is so confusing! I have to drag out the instructions every time I use it to figure out which top and bottom settings to use!

Cathy, if you haven't gotten the instructions yet, let me know and I'll copy em for ya!

Sew It Seams 12-30-2008 01:33 AM

http://scraptime.ca/blogpage/?p=282

This a great video (scroll down a bit for the video) that was a great help to me this morning!

I bought one the other day at Michael's with 50% off coupon and now that I've watched the video, it works perfect every time!

I was used to putting my eyelets upside down and hammering, but with the big bite, you place them IN the cardstock, right side up, then press down.

The video is great - check it out! (all small eyelets are C-3 setting - she lists sizes just above the video)