Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   cricut tears (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cricut-tears-371161/)

andy 08-08-2008 03:24 AM

cricut tears

my cricut has had me in tears. i just brought a cricut expression. i have installed the blade and have it on number 6. my speed and pressure are on 5 but when i go to cut it just cuts in the air. my blade does not reach my mat. what am i doing wrong?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
desperate for help or ideas.

thanks
andrea

Dyu 08-08-2008 03:26 AM

Maybe this link might help

http://www.cricut.com/support/

Good luck!!

Paula Pea 08-08-2008 03:28 AM

My first guess would be that your blade is not installed correctly (sounds like it's not pushed far enough down). I would suggest dragging out your manual, taking the blade out and going step by step with your manual and reinstall it. Another suggestion would be to visit the cricut website message boards, they are very very helpful! (it's cricut.com by the way). Someone there has usually lived through what you are going through.

auntie65 08-08-2008 04:12 AM

I think they are right. I did the same thing. There are ridges that the blade has to sit between in order to work properly. I had mine up too high and so it wasn't reaching the mat.

andy 08-08-2008 05:14 AM

thankyou

thankyou for all your replies. this forum never lets you down. there is always so many sharing, caring people.
i know the blade doesnt sit on the bottom ridges but between the larger area. i am only about a millimeter or two from the mat. i understand that if i sit it in the other ridges it sits a long way from the cutting mat.
i have also tried cricut.com as suggested but havent had much luck with a response from there.
i am so fustrated. i know there must be a simple explanation for this. but its beat me.

cjbapp 08-08-2008 06:14 AM

Did you check the manual blade depth control right on the blade?? Thats what I had wrong when I had the same problem!

luvpaisley 08-08-2008 09:12 AM

Consult the manual in the section for Replacing Blades. I remember when everyone first got the cricuts, and the installation just wasn't clear enough. I too had the same situation, but when i consulted replacing blade it had a better picture to see where the blade casing goes. Try to relax and re-try!

andy 08-09-2008 05:49 AM

thankyou for all your suggestions. still having no success. how do i do a manual blade control adjustment. is that the dial on the green blade? cher you suggested this - i have it set on number 6 already. is there something else i need to do?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

cjbapp 08-09-2008 07:08 AM

Yes...on the green blade...

Is the dot under the 6 on the green blade facing straight out torward you? And is there about 1/8 of an inch between the bottom of the green blade assembly and the surface of the Cricut?

Stolynn 08-09-2008 07:29 AM

Make sure the blade hasn't slipped up into the blade holder thingy. (pardon my technical terms).

Momofoneson 08-09-2008 03:07 PM

Yup your blade isn't installed correctly and once you get it installed, slow down the speed. I find that mine cuts best on 1 and that is where I leave it.

andy 08-13-2008 05:40 AM

well ladies my cricut expression is still sitting on my desk unused. i am still not having any luck getting it to cut. i have being reading through the forums on www.cricut.com and have even tried to reset the machine but no luck.
i live in australia and brought my cricut from the USA, im at the stage where i think im going to have to post it back. boo hoo

mom of Marine 08-13-2008 06:03 AM

I know this sounds strange but when I got my first Cricut I put the whole blade housing unit in wrong-it wouldn't cut either. Be sure to check this out.

andy 08-13-2008 06:15 AM

thanks mom of marine. i'll give it another go. i really feel like such a dummy at the moment.
i love this site and the way people are so willing to offer help.
i cant live without my daily dose of scs.

andy 09-08-2008 12:33 AM

just thought i'd update you all. my cricut was faulty.
i contacted custom crops via email and a replacement was sent to me the following week.
great service especially as it had to come to australia.
they're great.

sprtchick 09-08-2008 01:27 PM

That is so great Andy. I am glad you got one that works now...How is it going?
Blessings.