Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cricut and SU cardstock. (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cricut-su-cardstock-562655/)

TLINDLEY 10-15-2012 05:47 AM

Cricut and SU cardstock.

I am looking for some real advice on cutting SU paper in the cricut mini w/ gypsy. I've searched on here and found some older threads, and I tried those settings. I bought the cutting guide, tried those settings, no luck.

Can anybody give me specific combinations that work for you. I can get basic shapes, but I bought the cricut specifically because it can do intricate cutting. I can get basic shapes with my big shot.

I am not willing to switch cardstock. I don't have room or extra $ to keep different brand paper on hand. If I can't get it to work with SU cs then the cricut is going back. :-(

TLINDLEY 10-15-2012 06:54 AM

Forgot to say thanks for the help in advance. :)

TLINDLEY 10-15-2012 10:27 AM

anyone? :(

muscrat 10-15-2012 02:54 PM

My cricut went back! Actually I sold it to someone who didn't care what cardstock they used. Like you said, it was fine on the larger items, but the intricate stuff always tore or didn't cut.

TLINDLEY 10-15-2012 05:45 PM

It makes me so sad. I really wanted this to work. :-(

Scrapjanny 10-15-2012 06:11 PM

You might want to try setting everything to 4 and using Multicut set at 2 or 3. That usually works for me when I'm using heavy cardstock. You might have to set your blade to 5. Try both, and see which one works better. HTH.

vdoyle8 10-15-2012 06:34 PM

I set my speed to the lowest speed and pressure to the highest. That usually works for me but I have an expression.. don't know if that makes a difference. Good luck!

TLINDLEY 10-16-2012 04:30 AM

Where do you set your blade depth? Has anyone tried the extra deep blade?

muscrat 10-16-2012 04:38 AM

I hope you can get it to work better for you because it is useful at times. Glad others are giving some tips and hope they work out for you!

Cartermrc 10-16-2012 10:47 AM

deleted, wrong thread.

TLINDLEY 10-17-2012 05:20 PM

A week worth of frustration, a ton of wasted paper (I even tried non Stampin Up paper with no luck.), threatening to ship it back... And one deep cutting blade and housing instead of the one they sent with it...priceless. Lol. Ok it had a price, but it was worth every penny. Now my cricut cuts like a knife in butter.

Scrapjanny 10-18-2012 03:26 AM

I'm glad you got it to work. You might have had a bad blade. To set the blade depth, you turn the blade housing to either the left or right. The numbers on the housing indicate the depth of your blade. The higher the number, the deeper the cut will be. Have fun!

kgolby 10-21-2012 12:33 PM

Just for future reference for anyone else...

I bought the Cricut Cutting Guide from aboverubiesstudio.com. It's a very handy tool when it comes to all the different manufactures of paper. I've had to tweak some settings but for the most part it's spot on. For SU cardstock I put my blade depth @ 5, speed @ 5, pressure @ 5 and do a multi-cut. Works perfectly. Hope this helps others.

danssister 10-21-2012 07:44 PM

I'm glad you got it to work. I love my Cricut, I use it a lot. Having a new blade and a mat that is sticky are important. I have my blade on 6, with the pressure on the highest setting, and speed around 3. For more intricate cuts, I slow down the speed, with simple cuts I speed it up some. HTH