Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to buy stamps

I have seen so many lovely stamps (scenery, people figures, etc.) but I don't know where everyone buys these lovely stamps. Please can anyone help a fairly new card maker find some great stamp sites.
Evelyn
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

What type of images do you like? I love cutsey so Whipper Snapper is one of my favorites to buy from. I love Hanna and Rileys but I just haven't bought any of those yet. Stampin Up is another one I like a lot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've been happy with Addicted to Rubber Stamps. They have a huge selection and ship quickly which is something I need out here. I've ordered from them a few times with no problems.

Inkspots101 my crafting blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I buy tons on ebay because I like a lot of the older stranger images.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

It can depend on what you are after. I am lucky enough to have a local stamp store that I can get to in about 30 minutes to buy individual stamps but I really like Stampin Up sets since you get a nice variety that work together for a decent price. I pay quite a bit when I am looking for an individual stamp and I just don't have that much money to spend on stamping. As someone else said you can find some great deals on eBay---just know what you are willing to spend and remember to include shipping in there. There is also a great forum that you can buy stamps from others on SCS--if you aren't sure what is in the stamp set you can usually find them on the gallery page. Good luck with whatever you decide---there are lots of stamp sites out there and it can be overwhelming that is for sure. A lot of it has to do with what appeals to you and what you want to focus on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

you can shop a few places-
at big craft stores like AC Moore and Michaels, there are $1 stamps, woodmounted, or $1 packs of clear stamps (you will need a clear stamp mount as well, look for a small one (about 3x3 and a large one (about 4x6 or a size that works for you)
on ebay and Craigs List, you can get big lots of stamps, usually a mixed-theme lot is cheapest, and with flat-rate boxes, you can get a lot of rubbah shipped to you cheaply.
and if you can get in good with a demonstrator (Stampin Up, Close To My Heart etc), do so! they have great assortmens of stamps, inks, and most important- knowledge! your rep can answer any quesions you may have as you go.
I buy Lots on Ebay, then get some stamps i'll never use but won't ever part with. I fill in my collection with a few special stamps at AC Moore. Oh, and awhile back, Target closedout (closeouted?) clear stamps, for wayyyy cheap, and i stocked up on a whole bunch.
learn what style you like, try to buy decent quality (even if it costs little it shouldn't be too 'cheap'), and look for sales when you can. thats my advice.
-laura s
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Check out Paper Trey stamps. They have great quality clear stamps. There is something for everyone in their collection.

http://www.papertreyink.com/

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love Penny Black stamps and purchased most of them on ebay,
For people stamps I like whiff of joy, they can be purchased either directly thru whiff of joy or All that scraps has some of them too.
If you like digital stamps, Digital stamp oasis has some cute squirrel ones (and others too), Dustin pike also has some cute digital stamps, and I love the cute mermaid digital set from fred she said.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 08:00 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

May I suggest that you look at the gallery. You could spend weeks, but you will see cards that aren't for you, and those that you really like. Look at the descriptions of the cards, and there is usually a listing of the stamps used. If you put that into the favorites, you will see a pattern evolve of your style. When I began, I bought individual stamps, and found that nothing coordinated. That's not a problem with sets, such as SU or Papertrey, and many others. I like the clear stamps, as they are easier to store, and to line up perfectly. I hope you enjoy your hobby, and get many years of pleasure, as I have.
You can then ask here where to get the brands of stamps you like. Eileen

Last edited by MaryEileen; 05-15-2009 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: add info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

ohhh so many companies so little money lol.
Rubber stamps, I love Unity, The Greeting Farm, Pink Cat Studio that I mainly buy from and some SU
clear stamps; so far I have from Queen kat studios, verve and Jessica lynn that I am expecting soon ;), and some CTMH
digi stamps: Digital Stamp Oasis, Dustin Pike, All That scraps, My Grafico, and so many more, but I cant remember at this time ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Stampin Up are the best on the planet! My second choice is between The Greeting Farm and Hero Arts. I have used Clear stamps, but do not really like them because they won't work with ALL kinds of ink and their durability is not very good at all. I also don't recommend digital stamps, because ink pads last longer than printer ink.

If you want a Stampin Up demonstrator, visit my blog, and you can find one there!
http://www.inspiredbypurple.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2009, 04:10 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Also look at the member companies on these forums (scroll down on the main forum list). You'll find lots of great info on companies you might not be familiar with, like Gina K, MFT, Unity, etc. I've shopped with a lot of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2009, 07:48 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpea2View Post
I have seen so many lovely stamps (scenery, people figures, etc.) but I don't know where everyone buys these lovely stamps. Please can anyone help a fairly new card maker find some great stamp sites.
Evelyn
Everyone here is usually very helpful, but you need to narrow down your question a little. There are literally thousands of places online to buy stamps, and hundreds of companies to buy from.

I think the advice to stroll through the galleries here is a good one. One of the things you can do is look through the various company galleries- there are many of them and you could begin to get an idea what kinds of stamps you like.

Just like you will see "best place to buy copics" or whatever threads here, you could then post a "best place to buy (whatever stamps you've found that you like)" thread and I know you will get lots of advice.

Warning- make sure you are looking at the stamped image when you like a card- sometimes all the embellishments, or the style of the cardmaker, can influence you to want a stamp you might not use.

Happy strolling!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2009, 04:18 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

I like doing scenery so Cornish Heritage Farme, Stamp Francisco and there is another I use Art Impressions to make scenery and then watercolor. I love doing that.
Reply With Quote Likes