Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-27-2014, 02:02 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiskars Fuse

Does anyone have the Fiskars Fuse Die Cutter? Can you tell me how you like it?..Found it at Joannes for 40% off and it only cost me $60.00. They were out and had to order it so I don't have it yet...but was wondering what everyone else thought of these. Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2014, 07:19 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

This is only me, other crafters have been happy with their Fuse. So please don't make a decision based on just my opinion. I did the same thing when they were on sale. It took up a lot of room, but I was able to use all of my dies. I even purchased a couple Sizzix pro dies and was able to use on the Fuse. The Fuse cutting plates have a soft surface and get chewed up faster than Sizzix cutting plates. One day, while browsing Joann's site, I found the Big Shot Pro on sale for 199.00. Considering the real estate the Fuse takes up, the extra adapter plates, and replacement plates I wish I would have held out for the Big Shot Pro in the first place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2014, 01:26 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

I met a lady at Michaels last year. We've become craft buddies so to speak. She has a fuse, and she loves hers. I am not brand loyal when it comes to die cutting. I really like the ones I have. I have the epic and the Grand Calibur. I have to tell you, I really like some of the fiskar dies.

Anyway, she loves hers, but she is the only one that I know that has it. I honestly, think that you'll like it. I hope so anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2014, 04:17 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I first had a Cuttlebug which died after many years of hard work and I initially replaced it with a Big Shot. As a scrapbooker I was frustrated being limited to the 6" width when it came to die cutting & embossing and always having to cut up paper to go through the Big Shot. I bought the Fuse because as a scrapbooker I wanted to be able to emboss or die cut anywhere on my 12" x 12" paper. I love it! It folds up like a Cuttlebug and closed doesn't have a large footprint and just sits under my desk without any hassle at all. I use all my dies from other companies in the Fuse too. I did buy a couple of Fiskars 12" dies and a few smaller ones as you can die cut, emboss and letterpress in one pass. Simple, quick & easy. I'm glad I invested in the Fuse and all the adapter plates because of its versatility when working on 12" cardstock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2014, 05:32 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(Edited)

Can the Fuse cut/emboss/letterpress dies be used in a Big Shot Pro? If so, do I need any Fiskars cutting pads/plates/rubber mats or can I use my BS/BSP accessories?

(I'm thinking I'm okay cutting-wise, since other dies can be used in the Fuse, but I don't know if is should buy the Fiskars rubber mat.)

Thanks!

Last edited by TheOtherMeg; 08-30-2014 at 07:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2014, 01:59 PM   #6  
Glitter Queen

I have the fuse, it's the only machine I have ever had so I can't compare it to anything else. I do love it. It is extremely big and heavy so perhaps you should get someone to help you carry it when you pick it up. The working area is 12 inches wide so you have the option to do scrapbook layouts and large dies. With the adapter plates you can use dies from other brands, but be aware that the adapter plates are only about 6 or 7 inches wide so if you want to do wider you have to turn the paper around and run it through again. It has great pressure so you get great cuts and crisp impressions when embossing. I have used the adapter plates with other brand dies and they have worked out great. I am currently working on making my own 12 inch wide embossing folder to use with leather, test runs through the machine have worked out great with the impression on leather working just like embossing paper.
I forgot to say above, the biggest fuse brand plates are the 12 inch wide box dies. As with allthe dies you can buy the expansion pack plates to get more designs to use.
I have heard of people buying pond liner to use as an alternative to the rubber Matt which suits below the cutting plates. I have not tried this but it sounds like a good idea. Just make sure if you tried this it is the same thickness.
I use mine for paper fun, my mum who brought one at the same time uses hers with the accuquilt fabric cutting dies to easily cut out quilt pieces.
$60 usd sounds like a bargain to me. Me and my mum brought ourselves (well I brought her it because she wanted it so much) the fuse and the adapter plates together for something like $250 nzd, which is far more expensive. That had a lot off the retail price. The fuse design sets (the dies) are $60 each in store here so I have taken to buying from Amazon with free international shipping for $15-$25 each.
It sound like I sell the things, I don't, just a happy customer
Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love some of the Fuse die sets, but really don't need another machine. I have the BSP and an AccuCut GrandMark that take large dies. I'm thinking there's got to be a way to use the large Fuse dies in one of these machines.

So glad to be reading good reports on this system!
Reply With Quote Likes