Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cricut Complaints (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cricut-complaints-210062/)

CrimsonQueen219 12-31-2006 09:51 PM

Cricut Complaints

My DH got me a cricut for Christmas and even though I absolutely love it, I hate it at the same time. I bought the cartridge for the boxes, bags, and tags. The way the machine is set up to cut the bags end up being really tiny at the smallest setting and some of the tags are ridiculously large even on the smallest setting. I wish it was a little more versatile with the settings. Other than that I've already done a ton of stuff with it and it's so handy!

candicek 01-01-2007 05:05 AM

If you want the freedom to cut at any size you want, you need to invest in a Craft Robo or Wishblade. I have a Cricut until the Craft Robo will work on an Apple computer.

stamper4armyman 01-01-2007 07:42 AM

With the boxes have you tried enlarging the size? It is on the right side of the machine. I like the size of the boxes. I have not done too many tags but I think they have been good for my cards.

mooshie_stamps 01-01-2007 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candicek
If you want the freedom to cut at any size you want, you need to invest in a Craft Robo or Wishblade. I have a Cricut until the Craft Robo will work on an Apple computer.

the new Wishblade will work with an apple, and it comes in PINK! I think it's not available yet, but should be in the spring. :)

just FYI
Michelle

candicek 01-01-2007 11:12 AM

Thanks for that info, I did not know that!!

CrimsonQueen219 01-01-2007 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamper4armyman
With the boxes have you tried enlarging the size? It is on the right side of the machine. I like the size of the boxes. I have not done too many tags but I think they have been good for my cards.

A friend of mine was over and we were playing with it and we cut the box with the little heart on the top of it and even on the biggest size it was only like an 1"x1"x1". I don't know if some of the other boxes come out bigger but I didn't think that was big enough to do much with. Some of the tags are great but the one I was referring to are the ones that are long and skinny. If you try to cut those even on the smallest setting it ends up being an inch tall and like five or six inches long.

braunz 01-01-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonQueen219
Some of the tags are great but the one I was referring to are the ones that are long and skinny. If you try to cut those even on the smallest setting it ends up being an inch tall and like five or six inches long.

I assumed those were box closure-thingys (excuse my technical terms for them!)...like wrap-around things...never thought they were tags, but I haven't played with mine much yet.

nosleepmommy 01-01-2007 01:43 PM

I made the flower tag with the mirror/window feature in 5x5 and it was pretty big. I haven't tried a box yet but I suspect you're somewhat limited by the 6" width of the paper.

robynstamps 01-01-2007 03:15 PM

There's a new Cricut coming out sometime in February and it will have the ability to cut 12" wide instead of just 6". From what I understand you will also be able to use the same cartridges and it will work with your computer to download fun stuff!!

Robyn

Joan B 01-01-2007 05:12 PM

No, don't tell me that a new cricut is coming out so soon. Really. What are we supposed to do with our old ones!!!??? I hate when cool stuff is upgraded so quickly!! It makes me feel like a chump for buying early on. I have a baad attitude tonight!!
Oh, well, I guess I should quit whining about something so insignificant, huh?

boydsluver21 01-01-2007 05:27 PM

Please tell us more about what these are. Never heard of them

Jaydensmummy 01-02-2007 09:33 AM

re: A new cricut

I emailed to customer support at provo craft after I purchased mine and they said it is just a rumour that this machine is far too new to have a new one coming already.... :confused:

mooshie_stamps 01-02-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candicek
Thanks for that info, I did not know that!!

sure! in fact I thought the pink was so cute I found ya a link where you can see a pic.
http://www.thescrappinpath.com/store...ault.asp?One=3

it's just so cute!

I've also heard that there will be a new cricut some time this year. I wonder when/if it'll really happen? it'll be interesting to see if it really does happen, but what a burn to those who were such loyal customers and forked out for the origonal huh? I guess we can only wait and see.
Michelle

OnTheBorder 01-02-2007 10:50 AM

I don't have this cartridge, so am not sure if this reply will apply to your concern. What I know with font cartridges is that you can either cut in actual size or in proportion to a specific character. Depending upon how your machine is set up, you may be seeing the end result as being 'proportional' which may indeed make it quite small. You might want to talk it through with customer support, or perhaps even visit the Cricut website and message boards.

Best of luck!

avonlea 01-02-2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boydsluver21
Please tell us more about what these are. Never heard of them

A Cricut� is a "personal electronic cutter which will allow you to chirp your way into fabulous paper crafting projects." (quote from Cricut�'s website.) This is what it looks like:
http://www.cdwood.com/images/cricut.jpg

You don't use it with a computer. It doesn't use 'dies' but rather (electronic)cartridges.

Here are some more FAQ's (frequently asked questions):
Cricut�'s FAQ's page <---click to find answers to some more questions you may have.

I hope this helps you to understand what this thing is. :)

yytx 01-02-2007 01:09 PM

i LOVE my cricut - it is just the right size for me for making the tags and letters i want for my cards and scrapbooks... i do agree i wish it could make bigger bags... but the machine is other wise PERFECT

yytx 01-02-2007 01:10 PM

i HAVE used it to make little totes for the 3x3 cards - TOOO cute!! there is a post somewhere on the cricut board that list the final size of each of the different boxes/bags cut on the largest setting... will see if i can find that again :)

yytx 01-02-2007 01:18 PM

box sizes...

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=182566

hopefully, this link will work for you! HTH!

denbobss 01-07-2007 05:22 PM

I know what you mean I wonder if they(at pc-cricut makers) are meant to be straps to add to some of the bags.........but they already have a sort of strap-I think I need to play with it more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonQueen219
A friend of mine was over and we were playing with it and we cut the box with the little heart on the top of it and even on the biggest size it was only like an 1"x1"x1". I don't know if some of the other boxes come out bigger but I didn't think that was big enough to do much with. Some of the tags are great but the one I was referring to are the ones that are long and skinny. If you try to cut those even on the smallest setting it ends up being an inch tall and like five or six inches long.