Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #3841  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seem to be having some sizing issues. What am I doing wrong? I was just playing around cutting rectangles for card mats, I wanted 5 1/4 and they are bigger.

And is there anyway to cut two different sizes on the same page of the same shape?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 01:47 PM   #3842  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldwintertonView Post
I seem to be having some sizing issues. What am I doing wrong? I was just playing around cutting rectangles for card mats, I wanted 5 1/4 and they are bigger.

And is there anyway to cut two different sizes on the same page of the same shape?
If you are using a foundation you might need to use real dial size. I am thinking you also have the ebug, if you cut the first piece and then the second using shadow then you get a mat that is the right size for what you previously cut. HTH easier to do than tell
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 02:05 PM   #3843  
Die Cut Diva

So if I do not have it on real size and am using a shadow it will take the size but really cut the shadow for it, but if I have it on real size it will cut the real size????

I agree. Even typing the question is hard to put into words.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 03:06 PM   #3844  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickers089View Post
hi all. I got my cricut last night. It's the little one, but I still have one. My friend wanted a serger (for making clothes) and I had one. Well, she had the cricut and only used it one time and didn't want it anymore, so we traded! The only problem is that she only had the george and basic shaped cartridge. So now I need to BEG for more cartridges for christmas. I played last night and I LOVE MY CRICUT!
Congratulations on a great trade! Welcome to the thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 03:07 PM   #3845  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batavia-SopranoView Post
My ebug is here, my ebug is here, my ebug is here!!!

(I'm not excited or anything am I?)
YIPPEEEE, YIPPEEEE, YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!! Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #3846  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post

The picture in the handbook appeared to do both. I'll go check again

Okay I looked at Accent essentials Yesterday also. It was AE that had the scalloped square and circle. The scallops also look tighter then Mini Monograms, plus the notched circle I think would make a good edge for an image, man I need that cart.... Anyone who doesnt want AE let me Know
Now that you say that I do remember that AE has that and the scallops are tighter than Mini Monograms. Sorry you can't have mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 03:11 PM   #3847  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I got mine yesterday. I got the carts first, very funny! However I have been playing with just Plantin Schoolbook which comes with it. Trust me you will have plenty to play with with just the two carts that come with it! I love mine! My kids came home from school and they love it too. It was so funny watching my 11 year old son cutting out his name and shapes. I am surprised at how easy it is to use! Did I mention that I love it!?! Thanks to all you enablers. I almost bought a different machine, not so easy to use. Thank you thank you thank you!
You're very welcome! Glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase. Be sure to show us what you make when you get time. We love to see what everyone is working on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 03:14 PM   #3848  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathView Post
Our AC Moore has 40% off on Cricut products so I went in to look at what they had. Well, they forgot to take down the weekend sale price of $299.99!!! I'd been on the fence for a long time, don't go out on Black Friday, and this was an 'omen' or the devil tempting me. So I picked it up: the bundle with the four cartridges and inks. It's not as good a deal as o'brien's, it works for me. Dh was with me, but claims not to have seen what it cost. Got home, opened it up and tried it. Dh says "Wow. Guess I really don't want to know what that cost!" But he drove me to the store. Too bad he walked over to another store while I shopped and missed the excitement. Honestly, though, he is good about it and as long as it makes me happy, he's okay with it. He just keeps saying that he wishes the stuff for scrapping wasn't all made in China. Sorry to ramble. I am just so happy and of the four carts with it, paper pups is in the original plastic while the other three are just in little compartments with no plastic! So maybe Paper Pups was an add on special from the original plan for the bundle. It doesn't matter~I am happy. Now all I need is the software to weld words...always something more when you are so addicted! Had to share my good fortune.
Congrats on a great price on your purchase! Have fun playing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 03:15 PM   #3849  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I agree! I just barely got my bug and now I think I need doodlecharms too! I don't have any Christmas carts yet. And this one seems to have a little from all the holidays. Some one talk me out of it!
Sorry I can't do that. You've come to the wrong place for talking people out of things. We are a big bunch of enablers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 03:17 PM   #3850  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

But Robyn withthe soft ware and the merge it is going to be a Beautiful font for words. Molly used Jasmine on that wedding album she did and it was beautiful. I think you'll use it more when your DD's are older. Chunky is great when they are little but proms and older girl stuff, Jasmine is very nice for then.
Molly uses Jasmine a lot! She even uses it in small sizes. I haven't used it yet, but I plan to. I have lots of girly pages to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 03:54 PM   #3851  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by hart2heartView Post
Molly uses Jasmine a lot! She even uses it in small sizes. I haven't used it yet, but I plan to. I have lots of girly pages to do.
I just said it was my "least" favorite. lol. I actually used it earlier today to make a layout for my sister. The title was "Beauty and the Beast" for a play she was in. Looked great!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 04:38 PM   #3852  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

You're very welcome! Glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase. Be sure to show us what you make when you get time. We love to see what everyone is working on.
Right now, I am embarrassed to say, I'm not working on anything. I am just having fun watching it cut up all my paper. LOL! I am like a kid in a candy store. Of course I am wanting to get all the carts I can at such great prices. It is usual that someone has them on special or is this like a once in a life time offer and better get them now!! I pretty much got all the ones from CX on special that I like and feel like with those I have enough to keep me busy for a pretty long while but don't want to miss out on a great deal like the $35 carts and regret it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 05:06 PM   #3853  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
I just said it was my "least" favorite. lol. I actually used it earlier today to make a layout for my sister. The title was "Beauty and the Beast" for a play she was in. Looked great!
I know you did. I have just read a lot on the cricut MB from people that hate Jasmine because of the size of the font. Molly doesn't seem to have a lot of trouble with it. Sorry, I didn't mean to pick on you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 05:08 PM   #3854  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Right now, I am embarrassed to say, I'm not working on anything. I am just having fun watching it cut up all my paper. LOL! I am like a kid in a candy store. Of course I am wanting to get all the carts I can at such great prices. It is usual that someone has them on special or is this like a once in a life time offer and better get them now!! I pretty much got all the ones from CX on special that I like and feel like with those I have enough to keep me busy for a pretty long while but don't want to miss out on a great deal like the $35 carts and regret it.
I understand. I did the same thing the day my ebug came. I just cut up a bunch of stuff. The deals that we have seen in the last 2 weeks are phenomenal prices that we don't see all the time. Creative Express has run a similar special before, but I am not sure how long it has been.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 06:31 PM   #3855  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I know you did. I have just read a lot on the cricut MB from people that hate Jasmine because of the size of the font. Molly doesn't seem to have a lot of trouble with it. Sorry, I didn't mean to pick on you.
I didn't feel picked on at all!! But, for the record, you can pick on me anytime.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 09:19 PM   #3856  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathView Post
Our AC Moore has 40% off on Cricut products so I went in to look at what they had. Well, they forgot to take down the weekend sale price of $299.99!!! I'd been on the fence for a long time, don't go out on Black Friday, and this was an 'omen' or the devil tempting me. So I picked it up: the bundle with the four cartridges and inks. It's not as good a deal as o'brien's, it works for me. Dh was with me, but claims not to have seen what it cost. Got home, opened it up and tried it. Dh says "Wow. Guess I really don't want to know what that cost!" But he drove me to the store. Too bad he walked over to another store while I shopped and missed the excitement. Honestly, though, he is good about it and as long as it makes me happy, he's okay with it. He just keeps saying that he wishes the stuff for scrapping wasn't all made in China. Sorry to ramble. I am just so happy and of the four carts with it, paper pups is in the original plastic while the other three are just in little compartments with no plastic! So maybe Paper Pups was an add on special from the original plan for the bundle. It doesn't matter~I am happy. Now all I need is the software to weld words...always something more when you are so addicted! Had to share my good fortune.
Welcome Kath! Sounds like you got a great deal! What a fun shopping day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 09:23 PM   #3857  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

What about Jasmine? It is for 35 as well.

And I have a curious question. Are there any that you would recommend not getting? Maybe a dumb question.
I love my Jasmine font! You just have to lower the speed on your Cricut, and sometimes the pressure (for diff kinds of speicalty paper, like bazzill) but then it's beautiful. I just used it tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 09:26 PM   #3858  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

But Robyn withthe soft ware and the merge it is going to be a Beautiful font for words. Molly used Jasmine on that wedding album she did and it was beautiful. I think you'll use it more when your DD's are older. Chunky is great when they are little but proms and older girl stuff, Jasmine is very nice for then.
Thanks Kathy!!! I used it on a name frame for my brother and SIL tonight. Couldn't post a pic yet, the stickles aren't dry enough to put the frame together, LOL!! I use that font a lot more than I thought I would. I got it before Joann's smartened up and we were able to use our 40% off coupons, in the spring.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 10:56 PM   #3859  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

So if I do not have it on real size and am using a shadow it will take the size but really cut the shadow for it, but if I have it on real size it will cut the real size????

I agree. Even typing the question is hard to put into words.
As funny as this sounds you got it!
real dial cuts everything to the size the dial says.
Shadow provides the edge.
foundation is a backing/base without shadow.
Phew so did it work?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 10:57 PM   #3860  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I didn't feel picked on at all!! But, for the record, you can pick on me anytime.
LOve ya Robyn, I want to see what you made today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 10:59 PM   #3861  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssisterView Post
I love my Jasmine font! You just have to lower the speed on your Cricut, and sometimes the pressure (for diff kinds of speicalty paper, like bazzill) but then it's beautiful. I just used it tonight!
Pictures? come on people my Mojo needs help and my christmas list needs ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 11:00 PM   #3862  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Like I said Pictures!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 03:12 AM   #3863  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

That's good. I just wanted to make sure. You're such a good sport!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 04:14 AM   #3864  
Gallery Gazer

Morning Chirpers!! Are you sure you want to see a pic of my Beauty and the Beast page??? It is soooooo basic! I don't own the Princess carts. I know "GASP!". That's right, I don't own them! I'll take a pic if you all want me to. Just say the word!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 05:09 AM   #3865  
Rubber Obsessor

Robyn, I would love to see your page. I'm wanting to see everyone's creations so I have ideas on how to use my Cricut when I finally get to open it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 05:10 AM   #3866  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Morning Chirpers!! Are you sure you want to see a pic of my Beauty and the Beast page??? It is soooooo basic! I don't own the Princess carts. I know "GASP!". That's right, I don't own them! I'll take a pic if you all want me to. Just say the word!

Gasp is right Robyn *ENABLING ALERT* I would have gotten them already, but I am short on funds until Feb. I dont even really want them for the princesses, but the castles and flower borders, such pretty flowers and the mirror using "who's the fairest of them all" on a scrapbook page", and the other cuts. Oh and maybe a couple of princesses, but I am definately getting them, My girls love the princesses, and I am drawing them and then aquapainting instead of dealing with all the pieces but if I had Ebug then Oh I could have so much fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 05:35 AM   #3867  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Gasp is right Robyn *ENABLING ALERT* I would have gotten them already, but I am short on funds until Feb. I dont even really want them for the princesses, but the castles and flower borders, such pretty flowers and the mirror using "who's the fairest of them all" on a scrapbook page", and the other cuts. Oh and maybe a couple of princesses, but I am definately getting them, My girls love the princesses, and I am drawing them and then aquapainting instead of dealing with all the pieces but if I had Ebug then Oh I could have so much fun!
You gave a good case, Kathy, but I still don't think I need them yet. My almost 8 year old DD loves princesses but I don't scrap that many pages of her by herself unless they are birthday, first day of school, or school events. They already have a theme. For my family album I am trying not to make the pages too girly since my 3 boys are in most of them, too. Hmmm. I'll have to think about this one!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 05:37 AM   #3868  
Gallery Gazer

Okay, I need your help ladies! I am thinking of getting my DH something for his office that will have our family pictures in it. Do I get him a digital photo frame or do I make him a 6x6 scrapbook for his office. I thought it would be really nice to have a nice frame sitting on his desk but then I thought that maybe I should make him something special. Thoughts????

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 06:08 AM   #3869  
Hardware Hotshot

Those digital photo frames look so cool! I was thinking about one of them as well. I just think for a desk, a frame might be better than a book he has to flip through. JMHO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 06:25 AM   #3870  
Rubber Obsessor

I agree with the photo frame....guys are simply like that though.... it will make him 'cooler'

http://vbontherun.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 06:36 AM   #3871  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks for the help girls. I'm going to get one at Walmart today! It is $20 cheaper than the same model at the electronic store.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 06:44 AM   #3872  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

As funny as this sounds you got it!
real dial cuts everything to the size the dial says.
Shadow provides the edge.
foundation is a backing/base without shadow.
Phew so did it work?
Thanks. That helps so much. I think I am getting the hang of it. Is blackout basically the same as foundation on Walk in my Garden?

I took my instructions manual to bed last night for some light reading.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 08:19 AM   #3873  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Thanks. That helps so much. I think I am getting the hang of it. Is blackout basically the same as foundation on Walk in my Garden?

I took my instructions manual to bed last night for some light reading.

Where did the edit button go?

I did some more playing around and answered my own question. Yes, it is the same. And I guess the solid images black out or foundation is the same as the original character. I am still amazed at how much this machine can do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 08:29 AM   #3874  
Stampin' Fool

Robyn,
That digital photo frame at Walmart you are getting......does it have the slide show feature on it. I can't remember where I saw the frame. You load the pictures in and it shows them like a slide show. My DH would love this. He only has room at work for one photo. This would solve his problem.

TIA,
Kathleen
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 08:33 AM   #3875  
Stampin' Fool

My Bugs have a new home. I can't leave them out or the kids will destroy it. I now have them inside my sewing cabinet. Now to just keep the top of it clean so I have a place to use it when I want to. I need to find the baby lock for the front of it. I also put all of my scrapbooking stuff on the shelves next to the cabinet.
Attached Thumbnails
Cricut Chatter-left-wall.jpg   Cricut Chatter-my-bugs.jpg  
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 08:36 AM   #3876  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjbmusicView Post
My Bugs have a new home. I can't leave them out or the kids will destroy it. I now have them inside my sewing cabinet. Now to just keep the top of it clean so I have a place to use it when I want to. I need to find the baby lock for the front of it. I also put all of my scrapbooking stuff on the shelves next to the cabinet.
Thats great, and a baby lock that would be nice too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 08:47 AM   #3877  
Matboard Maniac

http://www.jkcrafts.com/Cricut%20Des...20features.pdf

Found this link on the Cricut message board referring to the new software!

edit: oops! I didn't realize it was a selling site, but the information is still good. And the explanations and pictures really help understand what this will do. Love that you can choose which size mat. It also gives the requirements for use. Now to figure if it will work on our machines.

Last edited by Kath; 11-30-2007 at 08:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 09:08 AM   #3878  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'll try to take pics of the name frame tonight, the stickles should be dry by now, lol! Ds has a friend over right now, not leaving them alone for a second, LOL!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 09:09 AM   #3879  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I wanna see! I wanna see!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #3880  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Here's a (slightly washed out, sorry about that) pic of a post-it holder I did last night:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=28610

There's more pics in my gallery of stuff I uploaded last night, but I don't know how to load more than one in a post, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes