Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-27-2007, 04:17 AM   #3641  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
Hey Molly withthe amount you and amy have been scrappin I thought I'ld see some pistures by now, Or do we have to wait until after christmas?

Also Paper Ecletrie has those wood block on sale for 14.95 for set of 9 that you can mount pictures on very cute homemade gift. You could make BIA boxes with pictures and your cricut, I know you are making alot thought of it today
I was must thinking about getting more uploaded to my gallery. I havn't done much cropping the past month, just working on Christmas presents. I'll have to check out that site, sounds interesting.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 04:20 AM   #3642  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by hart2heartView Post
How fun! Next week should be a fun mail week here. I ordered 5 cartridges from Creative Express. Cuttin Up should be here in a few days.
You will love Cuttin Up!!

I need to start scrappin again this week. It seems like the holidays bogg me down for awhile before I can think of anything else. Last night I stayed up making jewelry for my sister for Christmas. We are doing a homemade gift for each other this year.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 04:20 AM   #3643  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssisterView Post
I was must thinking about getting more uploaded to my gallery. I havn't done much cropping the past month, just working on Christmas presents.
Me, too!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 04:21 AM   #3644  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldwintertonView Post
Well, I got part of my order from creativexpress today. Actually the second order came first. After ordering the ebug and some carts I went back and they had more in stock so I ordered more carts. Now I have some really nice carts but no bug. How funny!
That's great that you received your CX order! Until your ebug gets there, you have time to check out all of the books to your new carts, so you're ready to go when your bug gets there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 04:22 AM   #3645  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
Me, too!
I did take a break from working on presents to crop with Amy last Friday. I needed a little break, lol. And it's easier to plan pages to crop than to figure out what I'll need for my projects, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 04:32 AM   #3646  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmason02View Post
Hello all, I am a new little bug owner.
New to cricut but not to Scrapping, stamping or splitcoast.
Looking forward to learning lots to make the most of my cricut.
Currently want to do Christmas cards using it.
I thought I read above cartridges for $27 each --where has them for that price?

I have George, Cricut Sampler, Makin the Grade, Christmas Cheer, Mickey and Friends, and Disney Font.

Any advice or help would be great. I look forward to learning lots.
(I find I have very little time working full time--I really just want to be home with my BUG and Family)
Here's the link that you need to get into the Creative Express special:

http://creativexpress.com/shop/offers.php?cat=2199

Scroll down until you see the banner with the Cricut deals, and click on that. It should get you into the 2 pages that have the carts that are on sale. Some of them are out of stock already, since it's been a popular sale. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 04:34 AM   #3647  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinChrissyleaView Post
I finally used my ebug to make some of those scalloped ornaments. I made mine with points instead of scallops! Check out my blog link below. I'm not on the computer where the pics are stored or I'd attach them.
Very cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 04:54 AM   #3648  
Rubber Obsessor

Great pictures of the scrapbook pages and crafts! Thank you so much for sharing! I love them all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 05:21 AM   #3649  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks Girls!!

I thought about making some for family as a little something, but ya know, sometimes I wonder if they think my paper crafting is silly...I don't know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 06:03 AM   #3650  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Thanks Girls!!

I thought about making some for family as a little something, but ya know, sometimes I wonder if they think my paper crafting is silly...I don't know.
There are only a few family members that I will make a homemade gift for. The others really don't appreciate it so I just save me the time and buy their gifts. Last year I made over 50 sets of 6 cards packaged in a cello bag with a cute topper. I would sell each set from $10-12 each and I gave them as gifts. I think I heard back from 2 of those people that they even liked them. This year I am saving myself time and heartache and only making sets of cards for a few people who I know appreciate it.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 06:32 AM   #3651  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

There are only a few family members that I will make a homemade gift for. The others really don't appreciate it so I just save me the time and buy their gifts. Last year I made over 50 sets of 6 cards packaged in a cello bag with a cute topper. I would sell each set from $10-12 each and I gave them as gifts. I think I heard back from 2 of those people that they even liked them. This year I am saving myself time and heartache and only making sets of cards for a few people who I know appreciate it.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. It's sad really. Remember when we first started this crafting thing and thought everyone would love the stuff we made just because we made it by hand...hmph...I've since learned there are some people in our circles that like to think 'she must have nothing better to do than that. 'That' meaning anything that THEY don't think is important to THEM. Frustrating because I really enjoy doing these things for people but knowing they scoff at it is disappointing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 07:16 AM   #3652  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. It's sad really. Remember when we first started this crafting thing and thought everyone would love the stuff we made just because we made it by hand...hmph...I've since learned there are some people in our circles that like to think 'she must have nothing better to do than that. 'That' meaning anything that THEY don't think is important to THEM. Frustrating because I really enjoy doing these things for people but knowing they scoff at it is disappointing.
I totally agree!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 07:17 AM   #3653  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yep, I agree. When I first started stamping I would make 150 cards, I'd spend a lot of time making nice cards. To get back minimal response about "oh, you made this?" in a tone that sounded like my kindergartner could do better, LOL!!! So now I buy 15 cards for $3.00 and make 12 cards for those who appreciate the time, effort, etc. that goes into a handmade item. Same with gifts. The last time I made something for my MIL was when she showed me the gift I made for her, and she bragged on how good a job her daughter had done making this for her. Even DH agreed, no more handmade gifts for his mom. LOL!!!
Give from the heart only to those who appreciate such gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 10:59 AM   #3654  
Rubber Obsessor

Hoping it's o.k. to jump in here, even though I won't officially be a cricut owner until Christmas. DH won't let me open the box early. I will make things for my sisters, SIL and best friend, all because they craft also. Oh, my Mom and Dad, because Mom is not crafy at all and is always amazed by what we make, she always takes stuff to their morning coffee group to share, and Dad likes it because he likes to build things from wood and understands how much time and care goes into making something. But as for other in-laws and extended family I don't even consider it anymore. I made a wedding scrapbook for a neice but when she came home from Iraq her jerk of a husband left. Never again will I put that much work and money into a wedding scrapbook, now just for babies, they don't leave til after they are 18. Hee Hee. Sorry if I am rambling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 11:01 AM   #3655  
Stazon Splitcoast

[quote=ldwinterton;7819598]Well, I got part of my order from creativexpress today. Actually the second order came first. After ordering the ebug and some carts I went back and they had more in stock so I ordered more carts. Now I have some really nice carts but no bug. How funny![/quote]
LOL. but maybe its better than sitting around waiting for carts
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 11:12 AM   #3656  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I make cards but the only homemade things I make anymore are for my sisters, because they really appreciate them. I made stuff for my SILs a few yrs back and they didn't say anything about them. Whatever. I make stuff for my MIL too because she appreciates it too.

speaking of cricut, I got my machine last week with the George and Keystone carts, promptly ordered Base Camp, Fabulous Finds, Makin' the Grade and Walk in my Garden from CX and then just ordered Christmas Cheer through amazon. I should be set for a while! (but I still feel the urge to buy more carts. Go figure).
Hi Gale! Sounds like you are off to a good start with your carts!! I told myself that I would never need more than 3 or 4 carts and now I own 26! There are a few I still want, too. Funny how that works. But..... I use them all!!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 11:13 AM   #3657  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryjo2View Post
Hoping it's o.k. to jump in here, even though I won't officially be a cricut owner until Christmas. DH won't let me open the box early. I will make things for my sisters, SIL and best friend, all because they craft also. Oh, my Mom and Dad, because Mom is not crafy at all and is always amazed by what we make, she always takes stuff to their morning coffee group to share, and Dad likes it because he likes to build things from wood and understands how much time and care goes into making something. But as for other in-laws and extended family I don't even consider it anymore. I made a wedding scrapbook for a neice but when she came home from Iraq her jerk of a husband left. Never again will I put that much work and money into a wedding scrapbook, now just for babies, they don't leave til after they are 18. Hee Hee. Sorry if I am rambling.
Welcome Maryjo! Christmas will be here before you know it. You are going to love your bug!!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 11:16 AM   #3658  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I finally used my ebug to make some of those scalloped ornaments. I made mine with points instead of scallops! Check out my blog link below. I'm not on the computer where the pics are stored or I'd attach them.
Nice ornaments, I might have to make some, definately be simpler with a cricut
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #3659  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I dont know I just give what I want from the heart.
I've learned to not have expectations for what they do with it. Some people will take stuff you buy back and not recognize the gift at all, and just get what they want. I just give what I enjoy and feel good about, if they cant appreciate it,...well that is really their problem. I do what I can afford, even if its just making Carmel Corn in a cute package. I appreciate all my gifts because of who gave it to me it just says They Care.

My siblings last year were all having a fit about the year before... we exchange every year... they decided not to give gifts anymore... so I just sent them all decorated tins with cards and stamps! I havent decided what I am doing this year I am thinking White chocolate popcorn and sugared pecans. and I hope hey enjoy it... just because I love them... despite themselves
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 11:30 AM   #3660  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Welcome Maryjo! Christmas will be here before you know it. You are going to love your bug!!
Ditto
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 11:31 AM   #3661  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hi Gale! Sounds like you are off to a good start with your carts!! I told myself that I would never need more than 3 or 4 carts and now I own 26! There are a few I still want, too. Funny how that works. But..... I use them all!!
LOL..... this is TRUE! Just like she said she wouldnt need the ebug and now cant live without it ...and she does use them ALL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 12:37 PM   #3662  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I've learned to not have expectations for what they do with it. Some people will take stuff you buy back and not recognize the gift at all, and just get what they want. I just give what I enjoy and feel good about, if they cant appreciate it,...well that is really their problem. I do what I can afford, even if its just making Carmel Corn in a cute package. I appreciate all my gifts because of who gave it to me it just says They Care.

My siblings last year were all having a fit about the year before... we exchange every year... they decided not to give gifts anymore... so I just sent them all decorated tins with cards and stamps! I havent decided what I am doing this year I am thinking White chocolate popcorn and sugared pecans. and I hope hey enjoy it... just because I love them... despite themselves
You are just so sweet Kathy and I can learn a lot from you. You're right! I'm not going to worry about it. I'm going to give because that is what it's about. Who knows, maybe I will make those card sets afterall??!!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 01:28 PM   #3663  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

You are just so sweet Kathy and I can learn a lot from you. You're right! I'm not going to worry about it. I'm going to give because that is what it's about. Who knows, maybe I will make those card sets afterall??!!
You are right, really. What was I thinking!? Off to cut some pointed circles and figure out who the lucky recipients are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 01:50 PM   #3664  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Geez!.. Your making me blush

I learned this from my DH he shared it with me last christmas, I thought DUH I knew that. But sometimes knowing and doing are 2 different things.
He learned it years ago, He waited 24 yrs to share it with me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:34 PM   #3665  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks Girls!!

There are some in my family (and dh's family too, LOL) that aren't worth the time, and who don't appreciate it. Most of them do, and like what I make for them. Try starting with a few people who you are pretty sure will appreciate it, like those that appreciate your cards, and go from there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:36 PM   #3666  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

It's a bummer when they don't appreciate it, isn't it? That's the same reason I don't make things for some of the people in our families. Luckily, there are enough that do appreciate it that I can spend some fun time making them things and save us some $ at the same time, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #3667  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

It's also frustrating when they say "You must have a lot of time on your hands." I like the saying "We all have the same 24 hours in every day." Fits those people, and sometimes quiets their mouths, too LOL!!! My MIL is one of "them" that doesn't appreciate it, so I make dh get her gifts and save my time and energy for others who do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #3668  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2View Post
Yep, I agree. When I first started stamping I would make 150 cards, I'd spend a lot of time making nice cards. To get back minimal response about "oh, you made this?" in a tone that sounded like my kindergartner could do better, LOL!!! So now I buy 15 cards for $3.00 and make 12 cards for those who appreciate the time, effort, etc. that goes into a handmade item. Same with gifts. The last time I made something for my MIL was when she showed me the gift I made for her, and she bragged on how good a job her daughter had done making this for her. Even DH agreed, no more handmade gifts for his mom. LOL!!!
Give from the heart only to those who appreciate such gifts.
LOL! Great advice!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #3669  
Gallery Gazer

I just cut out, well I didn't cut, the cricut cut, 350 2" pointed circles. I decided I'd do a set of 6 ornaments for several different people, teacher gifts, etc. Who can't use 6 paper ornaments, yes???

I have to justify my purchase somehow, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #3670  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I make cards but the only homemade things I make anymore are for my sisters, because they really appreciate them. I made stuff for my SILs a few yrs back and they didn't say anything about them. Whatever. I make stuff for my MIL too because she appreciates it too.

speaking of cricut, I got my machine last week with the George and Keystone carts, promptly ordered Base Camp, Fabulous Finds, Makin' the Grade and Walk in my Garden from CX and then just ordered Christmas Cheer through amazon. I should be set for a while! (but I still feel the urge to buy more carts. Go figure).
LOL!!!! Welcome to the club, lol!!! I'm still waiting on my CX order, and I already want to order more! (It's not happening, but I still want, lol!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #3671  
Mad Swapper

I have 2 sisters and 4 brothers, 2 BIL and 3 SILs and only 1 SIL likes that I make special cards or other items for her for presents for the families. My older sister told me one year that she could buy better quality and nicer gifts at halmark...so I told to go right ahead that she would never get another handmade gift from me again.
We no longer exchange gifts because of the huge families, but I still send out my holiday cards and most of my family still send cards, but only that 1 SIL will still ask me if I am going to make something pretty again this year for her.
LeAne SCS#2819 & Grandma to Lindsey!
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:45 PM   #3672  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hello and welcome, Maryjo! Jump in anytime, we're just a bunch of Cricut-addicts here, lol. You are a bug owner, even though you aren't using it yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:48 PM   #3673  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

LOL - siblings! I only have a younger brother, can't imagine more of them, lol. Lucky for him he was impressed with the wedding album I did for his wife this spring, LOL!! I'm trying to make a name frame for them for Christmas, and I'm totally stumped! I wanted to put their last name, so I cut it out in Jasmine font, clear embossed it, and now I want to start all over - again! Why do I always make things way more complicated than they need to be?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:50 PM   #3674  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Geez!.. Your making me blush

I learned this from my DH he shared it with me last christmas, I thought DUH I knew that. But sometimes knowing and doing are 2 different things.
He learned it years ago, He waited 24 yrs to share it with me
ROTFLOL!!!!! Men! LOL! That's great advice though, and what I've been doing for the past month. Making everything I can think of for people. I hope my new carts from CX come soon so I can break them in making gifts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:52 PM   #3675  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I just cut out, well I didn't cut, the cricut cut, 350 2" pointed circles. I decided I'd do a set of 6 ornaments for several different people, teacher gifts, etc. Who can't use 6 paper ornaments, yes???

I have to justify my purchase somehow, right?
That's a lot of circles! Good thing you have a new bug to do that instead of you! lol Post a pic when you're done! Well, the more you use it, the cheaper it gets, right? That's what I keep telling myself about my Bind-it-All, which is why I've been using it to make mini-books and calendars for Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #3676  
Mad Swapper

I also forgot.... I am finally putting my cricut to really good use this week. I have to cut 400 circles for glass ornament classes at school. This year the 1st graders are doing a class with me and 1 - 3rd grade so far. I miss the kids and was really happy when they called me 2 weeks ago and asked if we were still doing a stamp class for the holiday gifts this year.
I've got 20 cut so far today.....hard to get things done with a 7 month old crawling around. But I wouldn't have my granddaughter go anywhere else!
LeAne SCS#2819 & Grandma to Lindsey!
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 06:03 PM   #3677  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Ladies,

I jumped on about a week ago awaiting my little bug. It has arrived and I love it but I find myself just looking at it. I'm waiting on my CX order to come with my 4 new carts but I don't know what I should work on, any suggestions? I do have the George cart and I have cut a few things out but now I'm stumped.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 06:13 PM   #3678  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

You sure fit well into this group! LOL!!!!! Welcome to the club!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 06:14 PM   #3679  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Of course it's okay for you to join us! Welcome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #3680  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssisterView Post
LOL!!!! Welcome to the club, lol!!! I'm still waiting on my CX order, and I already want to order more! (It's not happening, but I still want, lol!)
Me too! Like 6 new cartridges in a week and one preorder next week isn't enough for me! What is wrong with us?! (Don't answer that lol)
Reply With Quote Likes