Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-26-2007, 06:40 AM   #3601  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi ladies... Did everyone get to hear chirping this weekend? I did... I will post this afternoon my new frame and photos of my nieces...

http://vbontherun.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 11:13 AM   #3602  
Die Cut Diva

I finally got my Ebug ordered. I am so excited. I also got quit a few carts for the $27 price at creativexpress. Does anyone know how long it takes for delivery? I haven't even gotten the email from fed ex that it is on its way. I know they are probably very busy this time of year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 11:44 AM   #3603  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldwintertonView Post
I finally got my Ebug ordered. I am so excited. I also got quit a few carts for the $27 price at creativexpress. Does anyone know how long it takes for delivery? I haven't even gotten the email from fed ex that it is on its way. I know they are probably very busy this time of year.
I got my order from CX really super fast!! I never received an e-mail shipping confirmation, at least I don't remember receiving it.

You will LOVE your big bug!!! I have so much fun with mine. In fact, I am going to make Christmas decorations with it and ornaments tonight with my children for family night.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 11:51 AM   #3604  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by primitiveseasonsView Post
Do most card makers use the smaller one? I would think the larger would give more versatility but I guess it depends on how you use it. Can anyone help a newbie here trying to make a decision? Thanks so much. This forum is great.
I don't have the ebug yet (even though I want it, lol!), but I do have the baby bug. I've used my bug to make cards, I just make the standard size cards that fit in the envelopes (with the half sheet of 8 1/2 by 11 cs folded in half), and it seems to do everything I need it too. Now, I'm still hoping to get the big bug with tax money, lol. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 11:51 AM   #3605  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
I'm totally going to go use my bug to scrap tonight!
Cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 11:54 AM   #3606  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjbmusicView Post
How did I ever live without this thing? I have been finishing LOs all afternoon. I got 5 DONE!! They have been sitting in various boxes through 3 army moves since I last touched them.
I don't think I will ever regret my baby bug purchase the other day, but I can totally see the Big Bug in my future. A couple times I would have liked to have a 1/4" choice. My first mat is quite used now. I have to take pictures and then will post again.

I did order the 4 at $27 each deal. I got Basecamp, Mini Monograms, Animal Kingdom and Learning Curve. Now I play the wait game. I do have some Gina K's coming this week. That will make the wait for Cricut carts a little better.
Hooray that you were able to get so many layouts done! That's great! I love my baby bug too, but am also hoping to get the ebug, hopefully with tax money. I'm doing the waiting game with CX, too. Next week should be a great mail week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #3607  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by flgirl5View Post
Does anyone know if ac moore, walmart or joanns price matches? Do you know if the online stores will match? Miceal's is having it's carts on sale for $45. The only cart I really need right now is the Princess Happily Ever After. While Michael's advertises it, I can't find a local store that has it. I am hoping that one of the other stores will price match.
Joanns will price match Michaels ad, they were going to do it for me on Halloween, but they didn't have My Community in stock, even though they had the box out ofr it. We don't have AC Moore, so I can't help with that. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #3608  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Sorry the pictures are so bad, I have a huge glare from my kitchen ceiling light. I only have the two carts that came with the WM special, but I am happy with all the LOs I got done. I have been putting these off to find the time, desire and right alphabet letters. No more waiting for letters. YEAH!!
I am beyond happy to be working on these again. My DH is happy to see me using all my other "stuff" again. He won't admit it, but he loves looking at the books of the kids as much as I love making them.
Great job on your layouts!!!! Love them all, especially repeating the Pespi logo on the middle one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 12:04 PM   #3609  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I got my order from CX really super fast!! I never received an e-mail shipping confirmation, at least I don't remember receiving it.

You will LOVE your big bug!!! I have so much fun with mine. In fact, I am going to make Christmas decorations with it and ornaments tonight with my children for family night.
I am sure part of the delay is b/c of the holiday. I just want it now. I need to stay away from this thread. It makes me want it even more!!! I read your ealier post about the snowflakes. Sounds wonderful! We do family night on Monday's too. Is it Family Home Evening for you? We were out of town for Thanksgiving so I hope to get the tree and maybe more decorations up tonight. If I ever get my Ebug I might have to copy you. Especially since those will be the only snowflakes we will see here in Arizona!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 12:04 PM   #3610  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeysView Post
Yeah...I am holding DH's XBox for ransom and he has asked for a trade several times, but I don't want the kids to figure it out!! I am also not **certain** the Cricut is in the country as of yet! I think he has it stashed at a friends. Otherwise, I might have taken it out while he was at work!!! Muhahahaha!!!
LOL!!!!! I'd hold the XBox for randsom, too lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 01:53 PM   #3611  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Sounds like fun Robyn We will be doing that next week, this week a lecture on not argueing tomany little snip fights happenng this week. I think it will be short and sweet then we will play dont eat santa.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 01:54 PM   #3612  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I am sure part of the delay is b/c of the holiday. I just want it now. I need to stay away from this thread. It makes me want it even more!!! I read your ealier post about the snowflakes. Sounds wonderful! We do family night on Monday's too. Is it Family Home Evening for you? We were out of town for Thanksgiving so I hope to get the tree and maybe more decorations up tonight. If I ever get my Ebug I might have to copy you. Especially since those will be the only snowflakes we will see here in Arizona!
Us too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 01:57 PM   #3613  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssisterView Post
Great job on your layouts!!!! Love them all, especially repeating the Pespi logo on the middle one!
Hey Molly withthe amount you and amy have been scrappin I thought I'ld see some pistures by now, Or do we have to wait until after christmas?

Also Paper Ecletrie has those wood block on sale for 14.95 for set of 9 that you can mount pictures on very cute homemade gift. You could make BIA boxes with pictures and your cricut, I know you are making alot thought of it today
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #3614  
Die Cut Diva

Well, I got part of my order from creativexpress today. Actually the second order came first. After ordering the ebug and some carts I went back and they had more in stock so I ordered more carts. Now I have some really nice carts but no bug. How funny!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #3615  
Rubber Obsessor

Customcrops.com is having a sale on several items. One of which are most (not all) carts at $38.99. Locker Talk, Alphalicious were two of the newer ones that I noticed. There were more carts on sale, however. Not as big of a sale as creativexpress.com, but a good deal on some of the newer carts. Cuttlebug on sale and the expression on sale, free shipping and a free cart along with the 2 carts that come with the expression. Check all these details. I got so excited (then realized that I've spent all of my Christmas money) that I may have missed some fine print.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #3616  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
Hey Molly withthe amount you and amy have been scrappin I thought I'ld see some pistures by now, Or do we have to wait until after christmas?

Also Paper Ecletrie has those wood block on sale for 14.95 for set of 9 that you can mount pictures on very cute homemade gift. You could make BIA boxes with pictures and your cricut, I know you are making alot thought of it today
I'm not Molly, but I will post some later tonight. I was planning on doing that anyway as I finally finished my page that I want to share for the cricut challenge. I will have to do it after dance though. Dinner is almost ready and then DD and I will be off to dance class.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 02:46 PM   #3617  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
Sounds like fun Robyn We will be doing that next week, this week a lecture on not argueing tomany little snip fights happenng this week. I think it will be short and sweet then we will play dont eat santa.
I spoke in church yesterday on Happiness in Families. I chose to read a lot on quotes about contention. Our family also needs to work on the arguing. That is going to go along with my lesson tonight.

Have fun with your bugs everyone. I still haven't had a chance to do much with mine today.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #3618  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Yes, it's Family Home Evening. It is the time of week where we slow down and just stay together as a family. We do not schedule anything on Monday nights and do not even answer the phone. The kids really look forward to it. I bought some fun stuff to make ornaments for the tree for our activity and we are going to talk about fighting and obeying in our house.

Hopefully I can play with my bug later tonight. Yesterday was a busy Sunday. I spoke in church for 15 minutes and then taught the youth a lesson on leisure activities. Fun!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 03:13 PM   #3619  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Yes, it's Family Home Evening. It is the time of week where we slow down and just stay together as a family. We do not schedule anything on Monday nights and do not even answer the phone. The kids really look forward to it. I bought some fun stuff to make ornaments for the tree for our activity and we are going to talk about fighting and obeying in our house.

Hopefully I can play with my bug later tonight. Yesterday was a busy Sunday. I spoke in church for 15 minutes and then taught the youth a lesson on leisure activities. Fun!

I know all about FHE! That was just my discreet way of asking if you were LDS, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 03:22 PM   #3620  
Embossing Fanatic

Smile Newbie

Hello all, I am a new little bug owner.
New to cricut but not to Scrapping, stamping or splitcoast.
Looking forward to learning lots to make the most of my cricut.
Currently want to do Christmas cards using it.
I thought I read above cartridges for $27 each --where has them for that price?

I have George, Cricut Sampler, Makin the Grade, Christmas Cheer, Mickey and Friends, and Disney Font.

Any advice or help would be great. I look forward to learning lots.
(I find I have very little time working full time--I really just want to be home with my BUG and Family)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 03:41 PM   #3621  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmason02View Post
Hello all, I am a new little bug owner.
New to cricut but not to Scrapping, stamping or splitcoast.
Looking forward to learning lots to make the most of my cricut.
Currently want to do Christmas cards using it.
I thought I read above cartridges for $27 each --where has them for that price?

I have George, Cricut Sampler, Makin the Grade, Christmas Cheer, Mickey and Friends, and Disney Font.

Any advice or help would be great. I look forward to learning lots.
(I find I have very little time working full time--I really just want to be home with my BUG and Family)
It is creativexpress.com. I don't have my Bug yet...but have many carts from Creative Express...and more on the way! **shaking my head in amazement of my addiction to a toy I don't even really own yet**
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 05:38 PM   #3622  
Hardware Hotshot

Here are some of the pages that I have been working on recently. This first set took a lot of work, but it was well worth it! I love these pages! My DD loves to play Sorry with her imaginary friend. She even gets upset when Mackenzie (her imaginary friend) sorries her. It is actually kind of funny. I used George for most of the shape cuts and the title. The Sorry letters were cut from Learning Curve. There are also a few cuts from Accent Essentials. Her imaginary friend on the sorry board is from My Community I think.
Attached Thumbnails
Cricut Chatter-dsc03888.jpg   Cricut Chatter-dsc03889.jpg   Cricut Chatter-resize.jpg  

Last edited by hart2heart; 11-26-2007 at 05:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 05:41 PM   #3623  
Hardware Hotshot

More pages. I used the bold snowflake wheel to make the background. Snowflakes are Accent Essentials and the title is Alpahlicious. I put light blue crystal brads in the centers of all the snowflakes.
Attached Thumbnails
Cricut Chatter-dsc03898.jpg   Cricut Chatter-dsc03899.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 05:41 PM   #3624  
Gallery Gazer

Amy those are sooooo cute!! We play Sorry all the time. My kids just love it! I cannot even imagine how long that page took you! Well worth it!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #3625  
Hardware Hotshot

The rest of the snowflake pages.
Attached Thumbnails
Cricut Chatter-dsc03900.jpg   Cricut Chatter-dsc03901.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #3626  
Polyshrink Goddess

Great pages - thanks for the inspiration.

I'm temporarily out of commission when it comes to the Cricut. I sold my little one today because I bought the big one. And the big one hasn't arrived yet. Can't wait.

rita
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 05:49 PM   #3627  
Hardware Hotshot

A few more pages. The first ones are my DS riding his pillow like a horse shouting giddyup and yeehaw. I used All Mixed Up for the title and bronc buster is stamped in the background. The set of pages is my DS building a house with his legos and singing the Bob the Builder theme song. He even consulted his instructions several times. The title is from printing press and the notebook paper is from locker talk. The stamped tools are from Power Up. I didn't use my bug to cut the shapes for the replica of his house.
Attached Thumbnails
Cricut Chatter-dsc03895.jpg   Cricut Chatter-dsc03892.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 05:51 PM   #3628  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Amy those are sooooo cute!! We play Sorry all the time. My kids just love it! I cannot even imagine how long that page took you! Well worth it!
Thanks! It actually only took me a couple of hours to complete the Sorry board. That may seem long to some, but that is quick for me - especially something so detailed. I thought about this page for a long time before I actually did it though so I had a vision before I started.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 05:51 PM   #3629  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp2stamp2View Post
Great pages - thanks for the inspiration.

I'm temporarily out of commission when it comes to the Cricut. I sold my little one today because I bought the big one. And the big one hasn't arrived yet. Can't wait.

rita
Thanks! You're going to love the e-bug! I absolutely love mine! I hope your time without a bug isn't too long!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 06:21 PM   #3630  
Gallery Gazer

Default Chirp Chirp!!

I finally used my ebug to make some of those scalloped ornaments. I made mine with points instead of scallops! Check out my blog link below. I'm not on the computer where the pics are stored or I'd attach them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 06:52 PM   #3631  
Stampin' Fool

Amy your pages are wonderful. I love the way you used the Snowflake wheel. The sorry page is amazing!
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 08:32 PM   #3632  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow...Amy...wow!! So awesome!!!

I also love your ornaments StampinChrissylea...could have used that for my Cub Scouts last week! Oh, that's right...I don't have my Cricut yet! I just feel like I do! Wait, how many days now...let's see..it is Tuesday here now, so 28 days left, but Tuesday is more than half over, so technically it is just 27.5...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 01:04 AM   #3633  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amy, your scrapbook pages are so creative. What a lot of love they have in them. I remember many a Sorry game with my DS, now 22.

Chris, love your take on the scalloped ornaments. Someone in my class last night told me that those we made last week (with the SU! scallop punch, gold stretchy cord and some Pretties) were deemed "tree-worthy" by her 20-something daughter. I thought that was a high compliment! lol

I have still not made my purchase but I am getting closer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 02:46 AM   #3634  
Rubber Obsessor

Well- my new cartridges shipped yesterday- I wonder... how long will they take to reach me...... I am thinking about ditching work on Friday just to play....

http://vbontherun.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:35 AM   #3635  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinChrissyleaView Post
I finally used my ebug to make some of those scalloped ornaments. I made mine with points instead of scallops! Check out my blog link below. I'm not on the computer where the pics are stored or I'd attach them.
I love the ornaments! That shape works wonderful for the ornaments.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:37 AM   #3636  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Amy your pages are wonderful. I love the way you used the Snowflake wheel. The sorry page is amazing!
Thanks. The wheel made it so easy to stamp the backgrounds. I ended up needing 16 of those pages so I was really glad that I used the wheel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:38 AM   #3637  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeysView Post
Wow...Amy...wow!! So awesome!!!

I also love your ornaments StampinChrissylea...could have used that for my Cub Scouts last week! Oh, that's right...I don't have my Cricut yet! I just feel like I do! Wait, how many days now...let's see..it is Tuesday here now, so 28 days left, but Tuesday is more than half over, so technically it is just 27.5...
Thanks!

Let the countdown begin!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:41 AM   #3638  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220View Post
Amy, your scrapbook pages are so creative. What a lot of love they have in them. I remember many a Sorry game with my DS, now 22.

Chris, love your take on the scalloped ornaments. Someone in my class last night told me that those we made last week (with the SU! scallop punch, gold stretchy cord and some Pretties) were deemed "tree-worthy" by her 20-something daughter. I thought that was a high compliment! lol

I have still not made my purchase but I am getting closer.
Thanks!

I would definately say that is a high compliment on your ornaments. I may have to try to make some of those. My kids would love them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:42 AM   #3639  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by vblevinsView Post
Well- my new cartridges shipped yesterday- I wonder... how long will they take to reach me...... I am thinking about ditching work on Friday just to play....
How fun! Next week should be a fun mail week here. I ordered 5 cartridges from Creative Express. Cuttin Up should be here in a few days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 04:15 AM   #3640  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Have fun with your ebug when you get it! I also ordered from EX, I hope they get here soon, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes